Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria (241 Views)

Nigerian Man Detained By Italian Police For Beating Wife Throws Baby From Storey / Okada Rider Arrested In Anambra For Snatching Baby From Mother (Photos) / Pastor Charity Okpara Sells Member’s 7-Month-Old Baby In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria by godsaveak47: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2023
The traders in Amaraku market in the Isiala Mbano council area of Imo state were thrown into shock on Friday following the stealing of a 7-month-old baby by a suspected child traffic syndicate.
The incident which caused pandemonium within the area led to panic as the residents continued to assist in the search for the missing child.
An eyewitness, a woman and a trader, who pleaded anonymity narrated the incident saying that the suspected child trafficker, targeted the crying baby wrapped on her mother’s back (a trader) in her shop struggling to sell her foodstuff.
The suspect approached the woman and offered to assist her carry the crying baby and even collected a wrapper from the mother of the child.
But in the process, as the mother of the child was still selling her wares, the suspected child trafficker disappeared with the baby to an unknown location.
According to the eyewitness, “I was buying some foodstuff at Amaraku market when a woman started shouting, ‘My baby, my baby, where is my baby?’
“She had given her 7-month-old baby out to a stranger while she was selling Okro and other vegetables because the baby was crying and disturbing.
The stranger carried the baby on her back but later disappeared into the crowd. When the woman realized the woman was no longer in sight, she started shouting and crying.
“Other traders around helped to search for the woman but could not find her. The woman may have been charmed by the stranger because no one in her right senses will release her baby in such an environment with over ten thousand buyers and sellers. What is she going to tell her husband?”
At the time of filing this story the State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, was yet to respond to the inquiry.

Source: https://ribdo.com/news/a-woman-abducted-a-7-month-old-baby-from-a-market-in-imo-state-nigeria

Re: A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria by TemplarLandry: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Re: A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria by NobleSeed(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2023
The woman may have been charmed by the stranger because no one in her right senses will release her baby in such an environment with over ten thousand buyers and sellers.
women charming women angry angry
Re: A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria by Solidkay(m): 8:18am On Jul 03, 2023
The abnormal has become the new normal,
I remember those days where a wan will give birth,
If the child is cute, trust me, it's only when the baby needs breastfeeding that the mother will see her child,
Everyone will want to carry the child.

Now it's not so anymore, a single act of trust on the side of the nursing mother has caused her her 7months old baby.
Re: A Woman Abducted A 7-month-old Baby From A Market In Imo State, Nigeria by triple996(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2023
Na dem

(1) (Reply)

I’m Sorry Mmesoma Ejikeme Finally Apologises To JAMB For Result Forgery / Six Suspects Parading As Drivers With Foreign Plate Numbers Arrested In Abuja / FRSC Arrests, Prosecutes Driver Of Car Moving With Three Tyres In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.