Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu (6043 Views)

Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities / Abuja Police Trains Officers, Urges Installation Of CCTV In Homes, Public Places / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Holak: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2011
We are still lagging far behind in this country. Let us assume that the CCTV will even deter crime, why should somebody turn it to publicity campaign. WHat innovation is therein. CCTVs are found in most organizations today. So, what has a state governor done by purchasing and installing some gadgets (with contract inflation) and the rest? Our yardstick for measuring government is so low that any dumb can be a governor and still be adjudged a performer. Just build one or two roads, install some gadgets here and there and you are a hero. They will thank you for not eating the money. The point is that we are still very far. Chime understands the psyche and knows how to get at the public to start dancing around while business goes on. Enugu metropolis is not the only place in Enugu State. What has Chime done in places like Nsukka? Paid apologists on NL should just pipe low please. It is not yet Uhuru in Nigeria especially the States.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by aljharem3: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
soma042:

woooooooooooow iv read all your comments, about installment of cctv camera. i think  all your argumennt  makes some sense in it. but we should learn  to  cultivate the  habit of being appreciative in any litle thing our govt. has done i think that will help us in a long run. what if the cctv camera is not their, will the money be shared huh? . so i think is a good idea to reduce the crime check in 042 . but chime you should pay the 18 thousand minimum salary. i think thats the right thing your poeple want now

What is the point of CCTV

1. when there is not constant electricity

2. Ineffictive police system

3. No good detective system

4. No identification of suspects even if it is CCTV

5. No night cry
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by henrychubayo: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
My brothers and sisters. I have read all your comments. I will like to say one thing. I most appreciate those who oppose the govt both state and fed. It will help those in power to act more cusiously and do better things. Those who praise and appreciete the work of the govt, please do it when alone and when these leaders are not around. It will help in a great way. When u praise them too much, they will slack back in working for us but when they see not much support, they will work to gain more. I have an experence. One senator from enugu east realized that people didn't like him b/c since he has been in house of reps twice, he did nothing meaningful. When he realize this, he work many roads and other project to gain peoples support b4 the election even though he later abandoned them. My point is these. Let us critisize them very well but cusiously and secretly appreciate some work they are doing. Chime did fine but in my oppinion, he was over praised for this work and he slacked back.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by mekaboy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
NICE ONE, BUT NIGERIANS NO DEY DO FIRST THINGS FIRST. THEY BRING PLATE WHEN THERE IS NO FOOD. BUY CAR WHEN THERE IS NO ROAD. WHAT WILL THE CAMERA BE RECORDING? PEOPLE WITHOUT IDENTIFICATION.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by romeo(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
funny how they had put the cameras in the same street! New Haven.
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by asha80(m): 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
Holak:

We are still lagging far behind in this country. Let us assume that the CCTV will even deter crime, why should somebody turn it to publicity campaign. WHat innovation is therein. CCTVs are found in most organizations today. So, what has a state governor done by purchasing and installing some gadgets (with contract inflation) and the rest? Our yardstick for measuring government is so low that any dumb can be a governor and still be adjudged a performer. Just build one or two roads, install some gadgets here and there and you are a hero. They will thank you for not eating the money. The point is that we are still very far. Chime understands the psyche and knows how to get at the public to start dancing around while business goes on. Enugu metropolis is not the only place in Enugu State. What has Chime done in places like Nsukka? Paid apologists on NL should just pipe low please. It is not yet Uhuru in Nigeria especially the States.

exactly what i keep asking
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by Sentient: 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
Re: Newly Installed Cctv In Enugu by OmoTier1(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2011
CCTV in Enugu?, You mean that local chinese television station now have a branch in Enugu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Nigerian Olympic Athlete Arrested For Murder In South Africa / Buhari Tweets comes to haunt him / NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.