Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports (10244 Views)

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria / NAFDAC Certifies ABUAD To Produce COVID-19, Viral Infections Herbal Drug / Pregnancy And Alcohol consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by References: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has certified that Golden Penny Semovita and other Semolina products do not contain plastic or any similar contaminants.

The agency said this is in response to a social media video showing a woman washing Golden Penny Semovita in a sieve using cold water with the claim that the residue she got after sieving was plastic.

NAFDAC noted that a similar video was shown in 2020 which the agency had addressed at the time.

NAFDAC Director General, Moji Adeyeye, in a statement today, said the agency confirmed that the claim was not true after an appropriate analytical testing in its internationally accredited laboratories.

The agency added that Semovita contained the expected components plus the required Vitamin A, describing the claim in the viral video as misleading.

https://veonewsng.com/index.php/2023/07/03/nafdac-certifies-semovita-fit-for-consumption-debunks-social-media-reports/?fbclid=IwAR2xGVCWUTpg9PJX3o8XySP_J9dX-us0lf8a8OR2DMPstAQQWCQ4lUnRuB4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by GOFRONT(m): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmm.......Thank you madam Moji for the certification of Semo

Lemme test it this evening

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by TemplarLandry: 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nice development!

I dedicate “WO WO” (Remix) by Minz featuring BNXN fka Buju & Blaqbonez to all Nigerians who love eating Semo with vegetable soup. Great jam!

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Clearsky(m): 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
What they're calling plastic is actually Gluten, and it's a natural protein.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by slawomir: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Semovita my niggar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by ZUKKYY(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hmm
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by TFservers11: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Good
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by accordadoga26(f): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nigeria and fake news na 5&6.

May God have mercy.

The government has to do something about fake news and propaganda very fast.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by ppogba: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
It is the handiwork of satanic competitors.

7 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Blaze14k: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
Anyone who believe nafdac is in trouble I saw the video that shit turned to rubber.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by BigDawsNet: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
Whqts the difference between Semolina and Semovita?

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Sonnobax15(m): 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
lipsrsealed
Semo my banny's best swallow.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by adebayo987: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Everybody wan trend now... Na wetin dey reign be that anyway.
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Cassandraloius: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Semo my lover! wink
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Xoxi: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
B
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by ngwabuoy: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Una too like Semo
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Angrygoat: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Semolina...semovita,semobomb,semosaymore..so far say semo dey inside,we no mind. Straight to hot fire for preparation...no time. The world of Semo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Quicksilver5: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
we stop before?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by id4sho(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Renewed hope shege tongue

E go reach everybody undecided

What is my consider cheesy

How about the iron shavings particles lost due to friction??¿

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by chatinent: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
As if NAFFDDAC won't overlook procedures once envelope is involved.😌

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by seborrhic: 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
They should go further and arrest the person that posted the video!
The more they allow individuals like that woman go scotsfree,the more people like her would post fake news,sometimes deliberately,other times out of ignorance or illiteracy.
Imagine the millions semolina would have lost in a single day of business because the average Nigerian believes anything negative about an individual,company or entity first,passes judgement before even using commonsense to ask themselves simple logical questions.
If NAFDAC arrest the lady and they with semolina successfully prosecutes the her and she ends up paying even if ₦1million or spends at least 6months in jail,others would learn.
Otherwise this fake news epidemic would persist.
Even in the most liberal of the western world with highest freedom of speech,individuals have been arrested or sued by companies when their image or product is put in badlight.

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by kozmokaz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
They done settle

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by zolajpower: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
shocked
Just imagine all these noise makers condemning my best swallow semo especially semolina .....
Immediately I saw the video on TikTok I knew those were chasing clout , so delusional people.
When you mix flour you re expected to see it in dough form but no they want to gain followers shior people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by carl90(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
Flour Mills Of Nigeria,maker of Golden Penny products,is not some lightweight in the food industry that go around making fake products.
They have stood the test of time and their products keep on getting better and better.
Let's be mindful of the nonsense people post on social media all in the name to chase clout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by ceejay80s(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Nice development!

I dedicate “WO WO” (Remix) by Minz featuring BNXN fka Buju & Blaqbonez to all Nigerians who love eating Semo with vegetable soup. Great jam!
It's not about development, were the culprit arrested? And those who posted it online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by carl90(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Semovita is a brand name.
Like Golden Penny Semovita is made of semolina.
What is semolina?
Semolina is like a flour made from durum wheat.
It's like Panadol is a brand name that contains the active compound called paracetamol.
BigDawsNet:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Menclothing: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
My favorite meal with any African soup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Sultty(m): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
whatever. nafdac and their work, me and my stomach. I've just eaten semo and ponmo+fresh fish so what are they going to do about it... Arrest me?
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by Malory: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Brand names. Just like milo and bournvita.
Re: NAFDAC Certifies Semovita Fit For Consumption, Debunks Social Media Reports by BigDawsNet: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
carl90:
Semovita is a brand name.
Like Golden Penny Semovita is made of semolina.
What is semolina?
Semolina is like a flour made from durum wheat.
It's like Panadol is a brand name that contains the active compound called paracetamol.

Thanks... why do people prefer Semovita over semolina?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Healthy Living... / Ogun Ibile Abiwere For Pregnancy Woman.for SAVE DELIVERY. 5k Call 08112738056 / If A Girl Has Sex With Two Guys In The Same Week 5days Apart Who Is The DAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.