Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria (24904 Views)

NAFDAC Bans Use Of Ethoxyquin As Antioxidant In Feed Of Food-producing Animals / Suicide: NAFDAC Bans Sale Of Sniper, Others In The Open Market / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by HeatSeeker(m): 9:03am On Apr 16
NAFDAC says the soap asked members of the public in possession of the soap to discontinue sale or use, and submit stock to its nearest office.

The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has drawn Nigerians’ attention to the ban on Dex Luxury Bar Soap (No 6 Mystic Flower), by European Union (EU).

The notification is contained in a public alert with No. 012/2024, signed by NAFDAC Director-General, Mojisola Adeyeye, a professor, and shared with journalists in Abuja on Sunday.

“The product does not comply with the cosmetic products regulation; it also contains Butyphenyl Methylpropional (BMHCA), which is prohibited in cosmetic products due to its risk of harming the reproductive system.
“It also causes harm to the health of unborn children and may cause skin sensitisation.

“It is as a result of the defective nature of the product that the EU banned it.
“The product is not in NAFDAC database; importers, distributors, retailers and consumers are to exercise caution and vigilance within the supply chain,” [/b]she said.

[b]'Stop importation, sale and use’

Mrs Adeyeye called on marketers and consumers to avoid the importation, distribution, sale and use of the product, saying that product’s authenticity and physical condition must be carefully checked.

She called on members of the public in possession of the product to discontinue sale or use, and submit stock to the nearest NAFDAC office.

The NAFDAC boss advised healthcare professionals and consumers to report any suspicion of adverse reaction or substandard and falsified regulated products to the nearest NAFDAC office on 0800-162-3322 or via email: sf.alert@nafdac.gov.ng.

She also encouraged healthcare professionals and patients to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of the product, to the nearest NAFDAC office.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/685948-nafdac-alerts-nigerians-to-banned-soap.html

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by HeatSeeker(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16
Nlfpmod please move to front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Alexlalax1(m): 6:32pm On Apr 16
What's not fake in this part of the world? God just loves us!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Tjra: 6:33pm On Apr 16
'Stop importation, sale and use’
Mrs Adeyeye called on marketers and consumers to avoid the importation, distribution, sale and use of the product, saying that product’s authenticity and physical condition must be carefully checked.

Na this kain products VDM dey always fight against. But Nigerians no like truth.

Infact, with this announcement all the stinky bleachers go rush go stockpile am.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by ayjay45: 6:33pm On Apr 16
grin grin
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by ATEAMS: 6:33pm On Apr 16
Very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by TallPck1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16
NAFDAC is active.

Do we say they are working abi naa eye service?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Newyorkitis(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16
Maybe another bleaching creme!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Risingblue008(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16
Band am well
As if them no get that soap nafdac number
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by IBB007: 6:34pm On Apr 16
I pray our people hear

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by DagashSamson: 6:34pm On Apr 16
Nafdac has been banning a lot lately
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by terrezo2002(m): 6:34pm On Apr 16
noted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by sonnie10: 6:35pm On Apr 16
See opportunity to take advantage of the popular brand.
Just registered that name
Produce the same quality but without the harmful chemical.
Take over the already existing market with the new product with your nafdec number.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by bewla(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16
Why

na him bobrisky use brown

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by EBEk101(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16
since them born me, this is the first time I will be hearing NAFDAC banned a product for not following guidelines
E sure me for Wetin I dey think 😁😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by xpressionx(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16
Ok
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 6:36pm On Apr 16
Good.

But when are they going after Caro white?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Provesto: 6:36pm On Apr 16
grin
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by IrepChrist: 6:36pm On Apr 16
I see.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16
Na people wey dey bleach go sabi this soap grin

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Treasure17(m): 6:36pm On Apr 16
Doing their job.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16
sad

This country is now a dumping ground for fake products

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Treasure17(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16
GloriousGbola:
Good.

But when are they going after Caro white?
Women will come for you o. grin

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Kelklein(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16
Na now wey una don give the soap publicity Nigerians go dey find am to buy.. our things here dey always different 🤔🤔
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Treasure17(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16
IrepChrist:
I see.
Ask Tinubu
Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16
Ok, noted.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Ebinpawo1: 6:38pm On Apr 16
Of all the poisonous species fake medicines in our market. Anyway it's noted

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16
EBEk101:
since them born me, this is the first time I will be hearing NAFDAC banned a product for not following guidelines
E sure me for Wetin I dey think 😁😁😁😁

Na EU ban am, NAFDAC just dey loud am... How did it gain approval here, is the question?

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:38pm On Apr 16
Most expensive soaps and bleaching are 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Felabrity: 6:39pm On Apr 16
This mdfks don finally dey work

Majority of the products we use here will never be allowed in USA

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by crestedaguiyi: 6:40pm On Apr 16
Copy copy nafdac, you test am abi you just dey talk wetin then tell you

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria by Nickymezor(f): 6:40pm On Apr 16
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos) / She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.