Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) (26289 Views)

Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) / Four-Storey Building Collapses In Uyo, Three Reportedly Trapped / Breaking: Four-storey Building Collapses In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by RECTEM: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2023
Sorry to the victims
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by descarado: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2023
ZitaMall:
If you can spend millions to buy land in life camp, why not ensure you use quality building materials
Most times not the owners fault at all.
They want the best but are robbed by the Nigerian corrupt system around them.

2 Likes

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Hotwest: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2023
People on d foundation floor I pity pass. Hope they come out ok

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Candidlady: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2023
LaSenior:
cheesy

There is this building in my side I have predicted that building to collapse because of the quack work done there , any building that I predicted it collapse always collapse

That house will definitely fail integrity test

Idont know what response to give to this your comment

But then why not report that building to the right authorities or is it until it takes a life

2 Likes

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by efficiencie(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMEFs4ua6m0

Source- https://punchng.com/breaking-four-storey-building-collapses-in-abuja/

This is what happens when you hire a senior bricklayer as a building engineer, architect and surveyor.
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by BantuCanon: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2023
Everyday na so so bad news.
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Nahunger(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2023
LaSenior:
cheesy

There is this building in my side I have predicted that building to collapse because of the quack work done there , any building that I predicted it collapse always collapse

That house will definitely fail integrity test

Report to appropriate authorities, save lives now before it's too late, failure to do so makes you an accomplice to any lives lost in those your prophetic collapse...
Take note.

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Pwettylinda(f): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2023
Tinubu has taken bad omen to Abuja undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Realguyman1(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2023
ZitaMall:
If you can spend millions to buy land in life camp, why not ensure you use quality building materials
Most of the owners are not the ones who supervised the work themselves.
The person's they put in charge to supervised the work along side the engineering contractors are the ones teaming up together to do what will be of much benefit to them

Everything about them na so so manage-manage, so that make them see enough gain from the work.

Why some don't care if they use the appropriate materials for the building as long as they are gaining from the very well from project, due to the stingingness of some building owners
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by 12345baba(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2023
progressb4andno:
This is tinubu's fault. Imediately
He just came he started making funds available for he and his guys to loot, first they removed fuel and education subsidy put it into their pockets, second tax and fines woom!
Third, student loan 300 billion naira gone through the loan and ended up in their pockets (ghost collected the loan)
Fourth, let's wait and see.
This building collapse is his fault.
Allow peter obi the rightful owner to rule he refused, WE WILL SEE!!!
ur high on cow poop

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by lhurd: 8:26am On Jul 04, 2023
Naijalarry:
More
Most houses in Abuja especially around around Arab Road, Kubwa should be marked for demolition for public safety and failure to meet structural standards.
FCTA should be reconstituted or an independent body set up to sincerely carry out the function of the watchdog for quality assurance and strict adherence to accepted standard. Most of them at the FCTA/ FCDA are just there to enrich themselves.
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2023
Better it collapsed under construction though.

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Almunjid(m): 8:33am On Jul 04, 2023
progressb4andno:
This is tinubu's fault. Imediately
He just came he started making funds available for he and his guys to loot, first they removed fuel and education subsidy put it into their pockets, second tax and fines woom!
Third, student loan 300 billion naira gone through the loan and ended up in their pockets (ghost collected the loan)
Fourth, let's wait and see.
This building collapse is his fault.
Allow peter obi the rightful owner to rule he refused, WE WILL SEE!!!
You're a very heartless pig. So u wish that things keep getting worst in Nigeria because ur preferred thief lost the election?
Who told u that things will automatically get better just by voting for Peter Obi? Na wrong statistics he go use repair Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by marvellous2222: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2023
when they will used poor average building materials for construction
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2023
ThatrealestApex:
Just few minutes ago I read a news of Bacteria blah blah ravaging some part of Abuja, and now this sad

What's happening to my lovely Abuja? Nawa oo
probably came along with balablu. He's a virus you know?

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by adecz: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2023
Looking at the steel rods alone show
sey wahala dey❗️❗️
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by VicM6: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2023
Anytin wey concern 3 story upward, i no dey do.....Nigeria to like managing, imagine an engineer using 1 bag of cement on a 20 ratio 20.....Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by visaclick: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2023
No one needs to act suprised. I met a man saying “why is that engineer still broke” you sho worry less about an engineer being broke and more about the consequences because you will have alot of building falling down because quacks are now incharge.
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by visaclick: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2023
ZUBY77:
I usually tell people that too many high rise building in Nigeria are not safe, especially the ones built by individuals.
Many will still fall in the future an people will be killed. You can't go and hire anyhow engineer to build a house for you and expect it to stand the test of time.
i will only agree with you in the instance of funding but talking about quality, individuals can as well raise a high rise but our problem in this part of the world is funding. Individuals knows the risk attached to construction but still choose to use quacks, why? Because somehow they feel they can save more by not using real engineers. If well trained engineers still makes mistakes how much more a quack.
Here in nairaland it is the same problem, they will do a self supervised project and come to property section to ask questions on what to do next instead of hiring an engineer.
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Abuja no get ambulance?

Fuel is expensive.Who go pay?

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Harmless1b(m): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2023
Chai... Everything this days is fake...
Even humans...

Smh
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Burchester: 9:55am On Jul 04, 2023
Lol
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by victorazy(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2023
ZitaMall:

Most of the uses quacks just to cut down professional or builder's cost.
Am an Architect, some clients dey show us pepe grin
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Josephkabila12: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2023
Don't compromise standard and always follow drawing plans and specifications by registered certified engineers.

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Xman475: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2023
I think the Standards Organization of Nigeria should carry a large chunk of the blame when buildings collapse here in Nigeria bc if one visits the building material market in Nigeria and see the sizes of reinforcements(rods) that are being sold you will wonder how they manage to pass quality test with SON
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by 12inchess: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Government should start suing the business who engage in this poor construction. In a western country, the workers family will sue your construction company into bankruptcy and take all your assets. But in Nigeria, poor people (e.g. laborers) don't have rights.

1 Like

Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Eviana(f): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
This is so terribly heartbreaking.
I've been seeing online more and more cases of buildings falling in Lagos too.
What type of building codes/regulations are there?
Are the workers qualified?
Is someone cutting corners somewhere?
I really don't understand why so many buildings keep falling?
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Menclothing: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
Abuja need to learn how to attend to emergencies from Lagos

Any building more than 3 stories should be sign with qualified engineers only
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by Fireson: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
Thank God no life was lost , meanwhile see below .

Are you looking for the best solar street light fit for your project?
✨High power, enlarged capacity led module design;
✨Adopt high-efficiency mono solar panel and new lithium battery;
✨Support remote control, self-developed intelligent control system.
Get customized solutions at the best price for your business and projects!
WhatsApp: + 2347030555715
www.mekatrice.com
#solarenergy #mekatricesolar #globalnews
Re: Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) by greatefa1011(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
Indefinite strike action on that site. Courtesy of quacks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hardship: Rent Defaults Soar As Landlords, Tenants Clash / We Construct Overhead Tank. / I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.