Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years (2247 Views)

9 Jobs That Donโ€™t Require A University Degree / 7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Five Jobs That Will Be Extinct By 2028 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by DyshApp: 12:38am On Jul 04, 2023
Imagine if, instead of Dave desperately trying to get HAL to open the pod bay doors in 2001: A Space Odyssey, he was begging the rogue computer to read his resume.

As more and more companies lean on Al to scan applicant resumes, it's becoming more challenging to land an interview and get a job that will help you get ahead financially.

As we approach the next decade, the following professions could be on their way to the dustbin of history or at least look a whole lot different, thanks to advancements in Al.

1. Assembly line jobs
2. Data analysts
3. Bank tellers
4. Data entry clerks
5. Cashiers
6. Drivers.....

The List goes on find out other jobs that will be extinct in the next 5 years and why on our Career 101 Lounge (link in bio)๐Ÿ‘‡ join the conversation now! Members get free access to courses and job posting

What Jobs do you think might go extinct in the next 5 years?

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by uchelouis45(m): 3:19am On Jul 04, 2023
Data analysts aren't going any where. Same as drivers. You think people will entrust their lives in the hands if a robot?

Think again. I'm a data analyst and I can bet that you don't understand the full process of the job.

Thank you

14 Likes

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by profilemessages: 6:31am On Jul 04, 2023
If you say bank tellers will be defunct, it may in advanced countries but they will still need to train someone how to load the ATM and how to prime the ATM cards

Unlike in developed countries, in Nigeria it will take alot of time before we get to that level

CEOs treating their staff like trash still won't make teller extinct, Nigeria is not well structured to do that yet,

Yahoo boy hack customer account, customer enter inside bank dey para for bank staff, CAN A ROBOT RESOLVE THAT ISSUE?

IT IS WELL
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by Olachase(m): 7:54am On Jul 04, 2023
You said jobs that will be extinct in the next five years

Why upload pictures of innocent people

Hope it's not what I am thinking ๐Ÿคญ
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by pongwa(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2023
uchelouis45:
Data analysts aren't going any where. Same as drivers. You think people will entrust their lives in the hands if a robot?

Think again. I'm a data analyst and I can bet that you don't understand the full process of the job.

Thank you
can you do your job without the computer? The earlier you come to terms with reality the better for you.
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by Ugaboy: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2023
Please take away Data Analyst there,

Ai is still learning when it comes to preprocessing data e.g. cleaning of data, data manipulation, and validating results.

Ai doesn't know when it is right or wrong if you dispute the result... Ai will provide another wrong result.

No whine me, I've used so many Ai tools, you can't underestimate the brain power of humans.

ChatGPT can only give guides and formulas, and Microsoft Fabric and Lakehouse help you bring data in one place.

Microsoft Copilot... Can visualize and create a dashboard, but it needs an experienced analyst to validate the result.

TableaGPT has lots of false results.

Ai will help deliver the project faster that all ok.
Go Upwork.... There still interested in Data analyst...

Are you telling they don't know about the existence of Ai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4cbSnDadJY

1 Like

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by Ugaboy: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2023
pongwa:
Can you do your job without the computer? The earlier you come to terms with reality the better for you.

Are a Data Analyst... No?

Then... You don't have sufficient details to subsidize up your inferences.

If No...
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by talk2hb1(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2023
DyshApp:
Imagine if, instead of Dave desperately trying to get HAL to open the pod bay doors in 2001: A Space Odyssey, he was begging the rogue computer to read his resume.

As more and more companies lean on Al to scan applicant resumes, it's becoming more challenging to land an interview and get a job that will help you get ahead financially.

As we approach the next decade, the following professions could be on their way to the dustbin of history or at least look a whole lot different, thanks to advancements in Al.

1. Assembly line jobs
2. Data analysts
3. Bank tellers
4. Data entry clerks
5. Cashiers
6. Drivers.....

The List goes on find out other jobs that will be extinct in the next 5 years and why on our Career 101 Lounge (link in bio)๐Ÿ‘‡ join the conversation now! Members get free access to courses and job posting

Driving Job is going out in the next 10years at least, so remove it from your list. Most job donโ€™t just phase out like that, first they become less relevant, then they phase out into oblivion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by redeff06: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2023
DyshApp:

1. Assembly line jobs
2. Data analysts
3. Bank tellers
4. Data entry clerks
5. Cashiers
6. Drivers.....

These are bold lies
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by udede(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2023
Nairaland mods jobs would have gone because Seun must have upgraded to the use of artificial intelligence on realising the damage they are doing

1 Like

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
I agreed with you bro. Cashier as well is going anywhere because this is source of cheap labour.
uchelouis45:

Thank you
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by DyshApp: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ugaboy:

Are a Data Analyst... No?

Then... You don't have sufficient details to subsidize up your inferences.

If No...

All these jobs are machine operated just as they were created to be operated by people they can be created to learn and adapt especially data analytics, too many Ai can perform this jobs
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by DyshApp: 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
redeff06:

These are bold lies

Hmm... What's your claim
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by DyshApp: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
uchelouis45:

Thank you

If you'd like to see the reasoning behind this then check out the article on the Dysh
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by haybhi1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2023
uchelouis45:

Thank you

Hi, how much money do data analysts get please?
Please do not be annoyed and be honest. Thank you
Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by uchelouis45(m): 12:28am On Jul 05, 2023
haybhi1:

Hi, how much money do data analysts get please?
Please do not be annoyed and be honest. Thank you

As a freelancer it depends on the type of data analysis you will be conducting. As a beginner on upwork or fiverr you could charge $20/hr for descriptive analysis which happens to be the simplest and most common type. Followed by diagnostic which could go for like $30/hr. Next comes predictive analysis which focuses using ML algorithms to build AI models, you could charge from $50/hr. Finally is prescriptive analysis which happens to be the most complex and expensive due to its importance in predicting solutions and observations. To stand out make sure you write and include case studies for your projects. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by haybhi1(m): 12:44am On Jul 05, 2023
uchelouis45:

As a freelancer it depends on the type of data analysis you will be conducting. As a beginner on upwork or fiverr you could charge $20/hr for descriptive analysis which happens to be the simplest and most common type. Followed by diagnostic which could go for like $30/hr. Next comes predictive analysis which focuses using ML algorithms to build AI models, you could charge from $50/hr. Finally is prescriptive analysis which happens to be the most complex and expensive due to its importance in predicting solutions and observations. To stand out make sure you write and include case studies for your projects. Thanks

Thanks a lot. I'm currently taking course on data analysis. Once I'm through, freelancing straight.

1 Like

Re: Jobs That Will Be Extint In The Next 5 Years by uchelouis45(m): 2:21am On Jul 05, 2023
haybhi1:

Thanks a lot. I'm currently taking course on data analysis. Once I'm through, freelancing straight.
Alright. I wish you the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mobil / Job At Total Nig. Plc / Scam Alert! Esther Breakthrough Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.