Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home (965 Views)

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg / Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. / Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2023
While there are obviously some good things coming to Lagos especially given the radical reforms of the Tinubu regime, it isn't going to be all that perfect, although petrol price maybe cheapest in Lagos for the first two years, it is going to change with time as refineries in other locations begins working but the cheaper petrol price isn't even going to be enough to make up for the Impending hardships.

1. Food price will skyrocket in Lagos: Apart from the fact that Lagos is the smallest state by landmass, it is the most urbanised state in Nigeria, this means that there are less land available for agriculture, this same city is the most densely populated in Nigeria. While there would certainly be food coming from neighbouring states and even neighbouring countries the price of transportation is going to impact the final price of these commodities.

2. Shrinking markets: Apart from the faceoff between Lagos State government and the Ladikpo marketers, this markets would naturally react to these radical reforms as less and less car runs daily, the car spare parts market would shrink, same could happen to generators as even though so many people are transitioning to gas powered petrol, I guess the effective combustion of LPG means that such generator set may need lesser servicing aside that, the new electric reform would mean less units of electricity consumption and improved suply, all these will impact the generator spare parts business.

3. Less imports in next two years: a huge chunk of Lagos revenue comes from imports, the first that has to go is petrol imports while others would follow in few years, this would see to the rise of cities like Ogun, Aba, Nnewi, Kano, nearby cities to refineries etc. As local production emphasis sets in.

There would be new opportunities in the East as gas powered cars roll out would take the lead, also with modular and other refineries, gas projects and the existing local production capacity, South East looks to be favoured by the current reforms.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Olachase(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2023
You guys have been preaching Igbos think home going to 7 years now still ur people aren't relocating, instead they kept leaving east, who would believe that after the massacred the fulanis did to ur people, there in North they still refuse to think home cry cry you and I kW you only wasting your time on this

To help ur gospel move faster engage your people here in lagos 1on1 buh becareful cause it's still ur people that will stone you till death

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by BentizilL: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2023
I'm tired of you guys always shouting you're going home...
Since you agree to go home, why are you always complaining?
I have never seen a yoruba complaining when you said you're going, you're the same people complaining.

Why don't you get the fvck out of SW, ungrateful and hateful lots... cheesy

As I'm talking now, hundreds of your people are on their way to SW... SW, the saviour of Igbo people... tongue

Economic migrants forming sophisticated... grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by ClassyA: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Renewed Shege
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2023
Olachase:
You guys have been preaching Igbos think home going to 7 years now still ur people aren't relocating, instead they kept leaving east, who would believe that after the massacred the fulanis did to ur people, there in North they still refuse to think home cry cry you and I kW you only wasting your time on this
Don't worry this time, it won't be anyone chasing anyone, na conditions go make crayfish bend

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:31am On Jul 04, 2023
BentizilL:
I have never seen a yoruba complaining when you said you're going, you're the same people complaining.

As I'm talking now, hundreds of your people are on their way to SW... SW, the saviour of Igbo people... tongue

Waiting for the perfect timing to drive an agender is the right way to do it, most of them will come back for Xmas this year and would relocate along.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by helinues: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2023
Should una need Tfare, we wouldn't mind to contribute just to make una relocation faster.

Kia kia, mosa mosa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2023
helinues:
Should una need Tfare, we wouldn't mind to contribute just to make una relocation faster.

Kia kia, mosa mosa
I don't think we need your Tfair, we currently run the transportation sector so if we need help it will come from within
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by helinues: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2023
BentizilL:

Abi, why using mouth to fly plane.

It's becoming stale and boring to be repeating same things for years without any action.

The repeated lyrics is now so boring. If you want to go, please go and no need of retuning back. Go for good and develop your region

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by helinues: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2023
AlexBells:

I don't think we need your Tfair, we currently run the transportation sector so if we need help it will come from within

Then make una stop bugging us always daily with repeated relocation. Make is asap

We can't wait for fresh breath across our region.

You are not needed in a community yet you claimed you can sing, abeg who is ready to listen to your waka.

Efele

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2023
helinues:

Then make una stop bugging us always daily with repeated relocation. Make is asap

We can't wait for fresh breath across our region.

You are not needed in a community yet you claimed you can sing, abeg who is ready to listen to your waka.

Efele
You don't have a single right to tell who is needed in any part of Nigeria, I'm only presenting my economic outlook, and telling people to head to home thats about to be greener, so whatever you think in your Oshogbo that you are not able to update out of pit latrine system has got nothing to do with the reason I want people to reconsider Lagos in the coming years,
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Okoroawusa: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2023
AlexBells this kind of thread is beneath you
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2023
Okoroawusa:
AlexBells this kind of thread is beneath you
So what kind of thread do you suggest then, meanwhile this is not a tribal jab but economic prognosis of the radical reform impacts
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by helinues: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2023
AlexBells:

You don't have a single right to tell who is needed in any part of Nigeria, I'm only presenting my economic outlook, and telling people to head to home thats about to be greener, so whatever you think in your Oshogbo that you are not able to update out of pit latrine system has got nothing to do with the reason I want people to reconsider Lagos in the coming years,

Wait, why should go back home statement always sound suicidal to you lots?

Are Igbo's the only tribes living outside their region? Why is it na only you people dey make unnecessary noise about things when you could have acted.

Act on important issues instead of as usual procrastinating

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2023
helinues:

Wait, why should go back home statement always sound suicidal to you lots?

Are Igbo's the only tribes living outside their region? Why is it na only you people dey make unnecessary noise about things when you could have acted.

Act on important issues instead of as usual procrastinating
The issue here is that I'm discussing change of fortune while you are discussing unfortunate change as a reason for going home, I'm saying you should go home becuase fortune is about to go home, you were preaching go home becuase you are not wanted here, in my country oo if you know the Igbos very well you would know we will go home if fortune is about to change hands

1 Like

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Naanlong01: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2023
Hmmmnnn
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by NovusHomo(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
helinues:

Abi, why using mouth to fly plane.

It's becoming stale and boring to be repeating same things for years without any action.

The repeated lyrics is now so boring. If you want to go, please go and no need of retuning back. Go for good and develop your region

Ile baba won n ba won leru ni - (dem dey fear dem own papa house.)
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Adaisback(f): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
The ones that can should come back home, the ones that can't should keep on working hard. Yorubas are flocking to the east in their thousands on daily basis. They know that money and wealth flows freely in south east even in this harsh condition, we have not kill any of them. Some of them are now making so much money that they hardly think home. You know Yoruba people, if they travel to a favourable place, forget it, they ain't coming back. There is one that I do beg daily here to go back and see his aged mom whom he last saw 20 years ago but he bluntly refused. Ndi ofe nmanu, I tire for una o.
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by wakaman: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
Godspeed already.

Adios.
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
Adaisback:
The ones that can should come back home, the ones that can't should keep on working hard. Yorubas are flocking to the east in their thousands on daily basis. They know that money and wealth flows freely in south east even in this harsh condition, we have not kill any of them. Some of them are now making so much money that they hardly think home. You know Yoruba people, if they travel to a favourable place, forget it, they ain't coming back. There is one that I do beg daily here to go back and see his aged mom whom he last saw 20 years ago but he bluntly refused. Ndi ofe nmanu, I tire for una o.
Ada, how are you doing, I have been seeing your post around, are you Adadike ?
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Adaisback(f): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
AlexBells:

Ada, how are you doing, I have been seeing your post around, are you Adadike ?
yes, nwanem kedu?
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2023
Adaisback:
yes, nwanem kedu?
Adim Mma, it is really been long, I have missed you here lol,
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by spagettiluv: 1:46am On Aug 07, 2023
Adaisback:
it seem too much ogogoro is affecting your brain
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Adaisback(f): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2023
spagettiluv:
it seem too much ogogoro is affecting your brain
I don't have time for kids, travel and see for yourself
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Adaisback(f): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2023
AlexBells:
Adim Mma, it is really been long, I have missed you here lol,
yes dear, I am fully back for you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by spagettiluv: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2023
Adaisback:
I don't have time for kids, travel and see for yourself
maybe you mean corp member or those posted cos
Of work.
No right thinking Yoruba will wake up and think iboland is his next destination .
Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by AlexBells(m): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2023
Adaisback:
yes dear, I am fully back for you. cheesy cheesy
Welcome back, it makes lot of meanings here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home by Adaisback(f): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
spagettiluv:
maybe you mean corp member or those posted cos
Of work.
No right thinking Yoruba will wake up and think iboland is his next destination .
once again, I don't have time for kids, travel and see or better still make your own findings. In any harsh economy, Igbos knows how to make money. Money is flowing freely here in south east so the wise ones among you are making use of that opportunity and flocking down to the east, the rest of you can keep whining on nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Labour Insists On Proceeding With Planned Protest / Did The Rivers Attorney General Resign Or Forced Out Of Office? / 'consumption Not Production Is What Nigeria Needs' – Adamu Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.