Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. (5261 Views)

Lagos Will Be The Hardest Hit By Tinubu's Reforms, Igbos Start Thinking Home / Apapa Seaport Is Own By Ijaws Not Yoruba / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
My Aunty married an Imo man, they reside in Aba. She's into selling of POP white cement. She doesn't use Lagos port, she uses Onne port.

She has never for one day used Lagos port and it's okay for her. Aba is very close to Onne, she has solved the issue of having to transport it from Lagos to Aba.

Use Onne seaport, leave Lagos alone. Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne.

Move your investments there slowly, it won't be easy but plan it, little by little and leave Lagos for Yoruba people. Make them chop am

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by muykem: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
That's good one. Use Onne port, leave Lagos politics to Yorubas and concentrate on south east.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by helinues: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
Good one

At least Lagos will be decongested

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by kettykin: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Does anyone know how I can quickly sell my landed property in lekki axis and undeveloped plots in mowe , I have not been able since October last year , quick sale not distress sale.
I need agency links please

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
muykem:
That's good one. Use Onne port, leave Lagos politics to Yorubas and concentrate on south east.
yes, it's going to be a win-win. Abi na

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by dele1727: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
grin grin grin

Thank God...
Atleast una don admits 2 things
1, no be only Lagos port dey work as una been dey lie since all this days

2, Buhari APC Government that you hated so much ...achieved what your Jonathan and Obasanjo PDP could not even after the hate and lies

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:
Does anyone know how I can quickly sell my landed property in lekki axis and undeveloped plots in mowe , I have not been able since October last year
Hmm, all these things are even hard to sell.
Find a property agent to help you. Me no dey sell properties.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Thank God...
Atleast una don admits 2 things
1, no be only Lagos port dey work as una been dey lie since all this days

2, Buhari APC Government that you hated so much ...achieved what your Jonathan and Obasanjo PDP could not even after the hate and lies
yes nau, no be only Lagos port dey work jare.

Make we start to dey use other ports. Abi, them say them no want una for Lagos, at least you get port close to your own base.

6 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by kettykin: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Hmm, all these things are even hard to sell.
Find a property agent to help you. Me no dey sell properties.
Thanks for the info
This is the issue, my friends that relocated last year to Canada are still finding it difficult to sell their property in isolo
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
My Aunty married an Imo man, they reside in Aba. She's into selling of POP white cement. She doesn't use Lagos port, she uses Onne port.

She has never for one day used Lagos port and it's okay for her. Aba is very close to Onne, she has solved the issue of having to transport it from Lagos to Aba.

Use Onne seaport, leave Lagos alone. Aba, owerri and onitsha are closer to Onne.

Move your investments there slowly, it won't be easy but plan it, little by little and leave Lagos for Yoruba people. Make them chop am

OSU don cast for Rivers since nah ?

Abi you don forget abandoned property saga ?

Rivers , Bayelsa (especially) and all SS states other than Asaba town is a no go area for Igbos.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Yaribanzaonic: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
NOW YOU UNDERSTAND....

LET THEM TAKE THEIR BUSINESSES TO THEIR ZONES...AND SEE THOSE AGBEROS, THAT HELP TINUBU WIN ELECTIONS..START FEEDING OFF EACHOTHER..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by kettykin: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thinking of investing in warehouse business jn Aba any willing co investor can mail me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by kettykin: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
I will advise my Igbo friends and brothers, sell off your landed property in Lagos and environs fast and invest in Warehouse in Aba and onitsha even if it means coinvesting with someone, lagos winter and cold nights are coming .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:

This is the issue, my friends that relocated last year to Canada are still finding it difficult to sell their property in isolo
Then why are you people even investing in these things 😂

In our own family, we don't have any properties outside of Asaba. When we were growing up, my dad wanted to build a house in Ijebu ode. He got the land and wanted to start developing, my mum had to call all the family members to force him not to do it. And that was suppose to be our fist property.
My dad speaks Yoruba a lot and he was too comfortable in Yoruba land. He's retired now and he stays in this same house he built in Asaba instead of ijebu ode.
I called him yesterday, I told him, shey you Don see say you made the right choice by not building in ijebu ode? You see wetin Yorubas dey do now?

Make una dey get sense. If you re in Lagos, make your money, rent house there . If you want to build, just build one and have it at the back of your mind that you are selling it once you are prepared to leave.

If you want to build a factory, build it in the east and strategize on how to connect Lagos market. No build factory for Yoruba land

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by kettykin: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

In our own family, we don't have any properties outside of Asaba. When we were growing up, my dad wanted to build a house in Ijebu ode. He got the land and wanted to start developing, my mum had to call all the family members to force him not to do it. And that was suppose to be our fist property.
My dad speaks Yoruba a lot and he was too comfortable in Yoruba land. He's retired now and he stays in this same house he built in Asaba instead of ijebu ode.
I called him yesterday, I told him, shey you Don see say you made the right choice by not building in ijebu ode? You see wetin Yorubas dey do now?

Make una dey get sense. If you re in Lagos, make your money, rent out house. If you want to build, just build one and have it at the back of your mind that you are selling it once you are prepared to leave.
Nobody knew Lagos would fall into the wrong hands

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by MrColdsweat: 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
I already put my plots of land at Ikorodu and agbara for sale and i have warned the agberos who usually tuale for me at lawanson to stay away from me.

I can no longer give money to lazy criminals.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

OSU don cast for Rivers since nah ?

Abi you don forget abandoned property saga ?

Rivers , Bayelsa (especially) and all SS states other than Asaba town is a no go area for Igbos.

they don't have to build in rivers. Aba, owerri are very close to rivers. Very very close to the port.

They can use it to develop southeast if they want access to the sea. Get the goods into southeast via onne and don't invest in rivers state. Invest only in oyigbo axis if you want.

Na wisdom.

9 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Roboto11: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
Quick Quick.

Make una move .

6 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by ThEGodFaDa2: 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

Make una dey get sense. If you re in Lagos, make your money, rent house there . If you want to build, just build one and have it at the back of your mind that you are selling it once you are prepared to leave.

If you want to build a factory, build it in the east and strategize on how to connect Lagos market. No build factory for Yoruba land
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:
Does anyone know how I can quickly sell my landed property in lekki axis and undeveloped plots in mowe , I have not been able since October last year , quick sale not distress sale.
I need agency links please

Yea, I can help you.
Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
kettykin:

Nobody knew Lagos would fall into the wrong hands
This should be a lesson that "there's no place like home".

Don't be too uncomfortable in another man's land. It's not too late to start restrategizing. Inform all your brothers, they should reduce their investments in Lagos, especially capital Investments like landed properties, factories and or any productions hub.

You can locate anywhere in Nigeria if you build a factory in the east. Take a cue from Innoson, he is even supplying people outside of Nigeria.
Look at Aba shoe industry, they don't need to be in Lagos to move that market, they produce in Aba and then export via onne seaport.

Be wise, leave Yorubas make them chop their Lagos.

17 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Losing elections upon elections can be so painful

nwanne! Take heart

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by seanfer(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
they don't have to build in rivers. Aba, owerri are very close to rivers. Very very close to the port.

They can use it to develop southeast if they want access to the sea. Get the goods into southeast via onne and don't invest in rivers state. Invest only in oyigbo axis if you want.

Na wisdom.

The insecurity in the east won’t encourage most of them to relocate. Also the roads is another issue connecting to other parts of the country is not easy like Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
ThEGodFaDa2:

God bless you
thanks, them no dey tell person.

Look at what's happening in United States and western Europe. Because of the Russia-Ukraine war, they confiscated properties of Russians in these countries. Abramovic was forced to sell Chelsea footnall club for less.

Its what Yorubas will do to you when the time comes.
Don't be stupid. Be lol China, China is hated by the western world but the west cannot do without China. China built their place from scratch, produce on their places and then locate western market. They hardly set yp any factory outside of their country, they prefer to only do business with the west and the west cannot say they won't do business with them even with the hate.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
seanfer:

The insecurity in the east won’t encourage most of them to relocate. Also the roads is another issue connecting to other parts of the country is not easy like Lagos.
It's not true. The insecurity is blown out of proportion.

Every eastern town/city is well connected with roads. Onne seaport is just less than 50km to Aba. And there's a big duel carriage express road link. It's not an issue.
Aba to owerri is another about 50km, owerri to onitsha is about 100km and the road is not bad. These 3 cities are well connected to the port with good roads. From owerri, you can do a detour to nnewi, the road is good from Oba, no pothole.
Enugu/umuahia to port harcourt express is not bad. You can brings from onne straight to Enuguand connect abakaliki from there. All these roads are in good shape the last time I checked

Aba will serve as a big distribution hub

The whole insecurity thing is as a result of marginalization and its blown out of proportion.

The problem is that, some igbos are too comfortable in Lagos. They have started seeing a reason not to be too comfortable

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by DispatcherLagos: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
I've started talking to a friend in Port Harcourt about getting a plot or two for me... before next week runs out I'll be going there to see how I can move my businesses to PH.

I'm also considering Aba if PH doesn't work.

Thanks to Yorubas.... we've learnt our lessons and we are making amends.

East or South here we come

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by MrColdsweat: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
seanfer:

Excuses can be demoralising.
We should give ourselves reasons to leave.

Yesterday I saw igbo men like me stabbed for exercising their rights, and the so-called educated yorubas encouraged the murder attempt.

What is stopping them from using these thugs to rape igbo women or rob igbo dominated neighbourhoods since they have the support of the educated yarribas?

Go to alaba and ladipo, they harass you for just dropping your newly bought electronics on the ground. If you hire aboki to carry your goods, they harass you.

Tomorrow, iyaloja or any foolish oba can impose levy because of some impending birthday celebration and they use thugs to harass the traders.

I will advice ndigbo to go back home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by YorubaSamurai: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
They should go and never return

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

Every eastern town/city is well connected with roads. Onne seaport is just less than 50km to Aba. And there's a big duel carriage express road link. It's not an issue.
Aba to owerri is another about 50km, owerri to onitsha is about 100km and the road is not bad. These 3 cities are well connected to the port with good roads. From owerri, you can do a detour to nnewi, the road is good from Oba, no pothole.
Enugu/umuahia to port harcourt express is not bad. You can brings from onne straight to Enuguand connect abakaliki from there. All these roads are in good shape the last time I checked

The whole insecurity thing is as a result of marginalization and its blown out of proportion.

The problem is that, some igbos are too comfortable in Lagos. They have started seeing a reason not to be too comfortable

Incase, you wanna rent buses to travel home, contact MC olomo grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by FatherOfJesus: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
I've started talking to a friend in Port Harcourt about getting a plot or two for me... before next week runs out I'll be going there to see how I can move my businesses to PH.

I'm also considering Aba if PH doesn't work.

Thanks to Yorubas.... we've learnt our lessons and we are making amends.

East or South here we come
I advice you to not go to Port Harcourt as Ikwerre people don't consider themselves igbos and will also be hostile to igbos very soon. Even if you want to, deal with Obigbo and etche axis.

If you want to be 100% safe, take your business to Aba. Aba is a major distribution hub that even serves port harcourt city. Well, it depends on the kind of business you want to do.

If it's real estate, then port harcourt, but if it requires, production, importation, exportation and sales, Aba is your best bet.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I advice you to not go to Port Harcourt as Ikwerre people don't consider themselves igbos and will also be hostile to igbos very soon. Even if you want to, deal with Obigbo and etche axis.

If you want to be 100% safe, take your business to Aba. Aba is a major distribution hub that even serves port harcourt city. Well, it depends on the kind of business you want to do.

If it's real estate, then port harcourt, but if it requires, production, importation, exportation and sales, Aba is your best bet.

When are you preparing to travel to the east??

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Is Fully Functional. Igbos, Start Using It. by seanfer(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

When last did you pass that Aba to PH. That road is an eyesore. Even buses spent hours because it’s not motor able any more.
Also remember that shipping to Onne add extra cost than Lagos ports. What the east should do is the 5 governors should come together and build a seaport in the East, this will take a long time but it will worth it at last l. But you and I know that’s impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Tinubu Standing Alone At The G20 Summit ? Nobody Interacting With Him / Buhari Administration not a failure – Ngige / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.