Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns (42424 Views)

China Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Chelsea's Yellow Away Kit For 2018/2019 Premier League Season / The New Super Eagles Kit For Russia 2018 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by obedience4(m): 10:00am On Jul 04, 2023
England will wear blue shorts instead of white at this summer's Women's World Cup after players expressed period concerns.

The new home kit will be worn for the first time in Thursday's inaugural Finalissima against Brazil at Wembley.

It is white with blue details and blue shorts, while the away kit is all blue.

Players including Beth Mead and Georgia Stanway spoke out about wearing white shorts during England's victorious Euro 2022 campaign.

At the time, the Football Association (FA) said the colour of the shorts would not change during the tournament, but that the situation would continue to be looked at and players' feedback would be taken into consideration for future designs.

It added: "We recognise the importance and want our players to feel our continued support on this matter. We have appealed to international tournament organisers to keep this subject in consideration and allow for greater flexibility on kit colour combinations."
Domestically, Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea's women's teams are among those to change the shorts colour of their home kits because of concerns about having to wear white while on their periods.

England and other countries have had their kits redesigned by Nike before the World Cup, which takes place in Australia and New Zealand from 20 July to 20 August.

The shorts feature a leak-protection liner in response to athletes' feedback.

"We are thrilled to offer this new innovation to all athletes playing for Nike-sponsored federations this summer," said Jordana Katcher, vice-president of Nike women's global sport apparel.

"Professional footballers play two 45-minute halves without breaks. Many told us they can spend several minutes on-pitch concerned that they may experience leakage from their period.

"When we showed them this innovation, they told us how grateful they were to have this short to help provide confidence when they can't leave the pitch."

The new England kits go on sale Monday, 5 June.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65160447

3 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by GOFRONT(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2023
Lemme wait first

2 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by abibox02: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2023
Nice design

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Freshtruth(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Sex sex n sex I done tire

32 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by ADJUDICATOR: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ketchup Protector. grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by pocohantas(f): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Nice one. I wonder how they play when it is that time of the month. For those ones with cramps.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by CHIOMAEZEH: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Them for use Trans-women na.... Lol

7 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Brendaniel: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
It is a welcome development, some people get scared when they see blood, some even faint, so I sincerely commend the designers and decision makers for this...

But something is still telling me that this new kit design will still favour me and my family....

147 Likes 15 Shares

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by FuckkMOD: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Good innovation
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by gift01: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Better that way
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by ArewaNightmare: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
grin MY PRICK NO GREE RISE AGAIN IF I SEE WOMAN 🙆

APC THANKS OO

I hope it'll favor me and my family Sha 😝

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by ichommy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Freshtruth:

Huh
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by phr0nesis(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
The blue is even finer

4 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by 24SEVEN: 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Periods is the interval of time between successive occurrences of the same state in an oscillatory or cyclic phenomenon, such as a mechanical vibration, an alternating current, a variable star, or an electromagnetic wave.

How does this concern women football? lipsrsealed undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Beuberry(f): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
Very good idea. More is to be done for women in sports. The goal post measurements and field lenght should be different from men's own.

1 Like

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
Freshtruth:
This is not about sex but period/menstruation matters

10 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Shattuck(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
Makes sense
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by BluntCrazeMan: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Janiobi(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
cool cool scanning cool cool cool
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by illicit(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
pocohantas:
Nice one. I wonder how they play when it is that time of the month. For those ones with cramps.
Same here
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Kharol1234: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
E go show small na 😂😂
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
24SEVEN:
Periods is the interval of time between successive occurrences of the same state in an oscillatory or cyclic phenomenon, such as a mechanical vibration, an alternating current, a variable star, or an electromagnetic wave.

How does this concern women football? lipsrsealed undecided
what are you saying? Osogbo weed is really wonderful

11 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by KimFlorence: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Not easy to be a woman sha
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by MrDoGood(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Nice
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by zinaunreal(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2023
Them for just run am red once make eh camouflage or black direct what's blue. So you telling me you won't see it in blue? Who be the olodo designer sef.

1 Like

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by wonder233: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2023
West and sensitivity.... Everything is now a sensitive topic. How did those who wore white shorts in past world cup events cope?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by ifeanyija(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
Why not red

1 Like

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Kajaard: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
Freshtruth:

What has this news got to do with sex? Did you even read the write-up at all? So a story about women's period is now what you refer to as Sex sex sex?

Dumbos everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
Life is BLUE... LOW EMITION ZONE
Re: New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns by Domistar5(f): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
zinaunreal:
Them for just run am red once make eh camouflage or black direct what's blue. So you telling me you won't see it in blue? Who be the olodo designer sef.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha / Could Ebere Eze Be Super Eagles Long Awaited Replacement For Jay Jay Okocha? / Meet Amon Okechukwu : 1 Legged Nigerian Athlete That Can Jump Over Cars - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.