Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. (617 Views)

Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops / What Every Car Owner Should Do When Their Car Starts Consuming Too Much Fuel / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. by jlo247(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,
Yesterday I noticed that my kick is faulty so I decided to take my car to First Gate at ikeja to fix. But after fixing the kick the technician detect that enough power wasn't supplied into the gear so he decided to check so he said I will need a relay to make it work because one pin has broken from the fuss that supplies power to the gear.
Now he has put relay. The problem now is that my car start not only on P or N again it starts on any gear. Please hope I'm save.
Re: My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. by aieromon(m): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
jlo247:
Good afternoon everyone,
Yesterday I noticed that my kick is faulty so I decided to take my car to First Gate at ikeja to fix. But after fixing the kick the technician detect that enough power wasn't supplied into the gear so he decided to check so he said I will need a relay to make it work because one pin has broken from the fuss that supplies power to the gear.
Now he has put relay. The problem now is that my car start not only on P or N again it starts on any gear. Please hope I'm save.

No, you're not.

It appears he bypassed the Neutral Safety Switch.

Replace your technician asap.

6 Likes

Re: My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. by cyborg123(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2023
Never allow a technician tamper with what was not broken. Kick took you there, kick was fixed. Why mess with the gearbox?

Tell him to reverse the nonsense he did ASAP.

1 Like

Re: My Corolla Car Starts On Any Gear. by Harmonize234: 11:56am On Jul 05, 2023
You are the one driving the car, if your gear selects well without any issue, you shouldn’t have listened to his story about tampering with your gear

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out Please / Car Hackers Use Laptop To Control Standard Car / Why Do You Remove Your Seatbelts When Off The Highway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.