Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians (7800 Views)

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Senior Police Officials Who Ignore Phone Calls From Citizens Risk Sack / Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Kx: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
Na today?
person never fit monitor thieves when dem dey see kokorokoro, na fone call dem wan monitor?
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by moshoodn(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
Loss of a little freedom is far better than terrorism!
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
Very very very bad move,

Who would monitor us?! What agencies? Reduce corruption first before you strip us butt naked of our privacies,
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
Odechukwu Retardeen don come with his Retardeed ideas again
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Bawss1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2011
Kx:

Na today?
person never fit monitor thieves when dem dey see kokorokoro, na fone call dem wan monitor?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Sike(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
They can even C.P.U or Keyboard my call for all i care! Who's fooling who? Na today. . . Abegi!
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by niviso: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
The case of KBI in the old Soviet Union
See wahala
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by oladayo042: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
The move is good but expect people to make more coded calls.

A: How are the flowers?
B: Fresh.
A: Will you come home for lunch?
B: No. I will see you at 3 O'clock.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
This is somewhat true of a new and developing society, according to beaf he's dead right, with every development comes a new problem, B4 criminals dont have mobile phones to demmand randsum in 9ja now they do,they can hack into one's bank account to determine who to kidnap etc, so listening or collecting phone data is nothing new and not a big offence,its done globally especialy if it support the good cours of national security.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by sley4life(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
it will be abused
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by saintfrank(m): 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hummmm though it’s seems very mature and more likely a way forward for the 9ja. But one thing for sure is that this ideology we promote crime and fraudulent in our system oooh, I can see some of the staff in the control room…given a very confidential information to some criminals… First bank is expect a cash delivering of 250 Million naira tomorrow exactly 1:30 Pm.

I can see the confirmation call to the bank manager has be tag by those insincere staff in control room…….hahaha those thief don give d control number to some omila, Oya block that road dat money na our own, abeg Omila make una no forget to give me my HP ooooh
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Odunnu: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2011
Obj is indeed the DON. He foresaw this move and jejely decided to write a letter. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
Haha All d Yahoo Yahoo boys in d house stand up lwkmd.They r d ones cryin foul nw and d bill hs nt even seen d light of d day yet.I wil be followin dis up squarely,i cant wait for dis bill to be passd into law.Good move FG lolz.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by isleman(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2011
I really don't understand why this law didn't come 10years ago when mobile phone was introduced. those who know the way out simply played on government's intelligence.

I cant imagine propel committing crime including bombing and they converse on phone and they couldn't be caught. in the U.S there are over 400 sacred words which when mentioned over the phone the system kicks and begins to record the conversation (FBI). Such words includes "bomb", "Allah", "kill", "blast", "bury", "rob" etc (you may watch enemy of state by will smith).

I don't know why a common man is afraid of this move, there are over 30million phone lines in Nigeria and a common man's conversation is the last that could attract interest unless you mention sacred words(who is interested in the rubbish, dirty conversation).

This bill should be passed immediately, all my hands and feet are in.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by isleman(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2011
sley4life:

it will be abused

are the bombers and criminals not abusing the use of mobile phones and hi-tech electronics?
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by iykemanuel(m): 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2011
what competence does our security have. They wud outsource dis tin bet me
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by cybermike(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
Firstly, its a good initiative
secondly, tapping our calls does not sound a good step to enhancing security
thirdly, if the bill will ever be passed into law,then those money launders in the HOA and HOR would have to sacrifice themselves by being involvoed.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by realchange: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2011
Nigerians, this is the worst thing that can ever happen to Nigeria.
Fear is a powerful weapon in the hand of those who want to steal our liberty.
Remember the wise words of Benjamin Franklin:

"[size=14pt]Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.[/size]"

Be warned. Be wise!
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by realchange: 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
Soon, you will become the property of whoever is on top.
We are Africans, and our forefather lived in absolute freedom no matter the security threat.
We are not rule by fear.
We can never be free if we have someone following us and tracking us.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by mrofficial(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
Big brothers indeed. They deal on whatever affects them. Self-centered thieves.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Meristem: 6:43am On Oct 08, 2011
why all the hullaballoo sef. [size=16pt]they have been doing it, they just want to make it official[/size]
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by ektbear: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

are they goin to monitor phones with juju? undecided

lmao grin grin
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by shockreaction(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2011
Oh noes! Guess I'll have to cut back on the phone intimacy! grin
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by tpiander: 5:49am On Aug 16, 2015
realchange:
this is the worst possible thing that can ever happen in Nigeria. It is a blank cheque with no end in sight. it normally begins as a fight against crime or terrorism but will definitely get to innocent people being spied on in their homes.
they watch or listen to you making love to your wife. very terrible deceit.

hope they don't get ho.rny while doing so. undecided

you go fear spying.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by tpiander: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2015
Meristem:
why all the hullaballoo sef. [size=16pt]they have been doing it, they just want to make it official[/size]

true that.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by caprini1: 6:43am On Aug 16, 2015
This is so easy,all the FG needs do is partner all phone companies,after all ,when my credits are accidentally taken,the phone companies knows the exact time and date .And who and who,I've called,b4 apologising and returning my money.
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2015
i saw tis on radio biafra tweet. so radio biafra current like this? ha ha ha FG can go to hell, we can still get past their inferior tech. well hacking is sweet, waiting for the civil war reloaded. useless zoo of monkeys and baboons soaked in blood
Re: FG To Monitor Phone Calls Of Nigerians by CallPolice: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2015
Nigeria never reach that stage ni. Even in American. You can't monitor all calls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ayogu Eze Visit Parklane General Hospital Enugu Empathize Accident / Court Voids Chimaroke Nnamani's Expulsion / Nigerian Leaders Most Corrupt In The World -jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.