Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? (25579 Views)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
SHiNJA4RMDWEST:

How do u feed Ur family?
big question
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Over 90 percent of Nigerians will never abide by these words!

This is just the problem... Nigerians will never learn to cut their coats to the material available.

I'm still shocked that young couples still bear several children today even when they clearly lack the resources to raise them... So, who are they birthing those innocent kids for?! Is there a welfare system in place?!

A couple squatting in a semi-completed building belonging to a relative just had their third child... The older ones barely eat, and are always dressed in rags.

So, it's really terrible that our economy is in tatters... Still, the main problem is that most Nigerians are financially irresponsible!

Even as a young child growing up back then, I have always struggled to understand why most Nigerians spend so frivolously and unwisely!
They spent on owanbe clothes,shoes,bag&parties. See children looking malnourished and they do come to school often to beg school owners, they won't be able to pay children school fees & their wards is been chase from school when it is time for test or examination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by bigiyaro(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
Why do you think fraud and corruption has become part and parcel of every govt official in Nigeria? That is how they cope.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
gaddafe:

I seriously doubt you stay or reside in Nigeria. If you do then you've been cut off from reality for one reason or the other.

The civil servants you're worried about are actually the middle class in the society in case you've forgotten. If you're bothered about the middle class then what do you have to say about the low class. The poor. I guess we will leave that for another day.

In case you've forgotten, there are graduates who are security men as we speak, some are private school teachers, some are running after moving vehicles just to make daily sales. I'm talking about degree holders. Some even have masters. Let's just leave these matters for another day
let me add to your point, many graduate are riding okada,keke,korope(Suzuki bus). Etc
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by tunde1200(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
What about the unemployed once.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by TheMostComplex1: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
emadamysy:
Monthly Income less than 100k and you dey suggest 2 pikin, for this economy
Even one sef, e no reach. Make them just marry and no born biko

Your last line .You're wicked lol

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
private school I guess?
Government junior secondary school
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
obinna58:

You Dey Nigeria so?
You’re the unreasonable one
if dem give people like u 10million per day u will still say it’s not enough

Your type plenty for here well well

They end up begging las las
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
WeirdAlien:
There was a time civil servants could afford tear rubber latest Toyota or Peugeot in this country. No stealing. Just pay your car loan over 2-4 years conveniently with like 20% of your monthly salary. Those vehicles worth over N20m today.
Peugeot 504,Vboot benz,Vwagen(golf), pickup van and the likes

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Lama70(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
No do pass yourself.
One must not marry from a rich family.
Look for a noble family and marry from there.
If the lady is a hustler, bring her to the city, secure a loan then give it to her to start a business.
Get an affordable house maybe a room and parlour.
Don't give birth to more than two.
In summary no do pass yourself if your monthly income is less than 100k in this present economy.

You are on point. But the problem now is that girls whose fathers have not even earned 100k in life before are asking for a man earning 200k. That's the irony here.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Dshocker(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zigzagman:

abegi, just forget dat private school mata. e get one of my yard people wey go find work for private school last month. Na 17,000 dem wan pay am to teach 4 subjects. 17,000 o grin grin grin grin

Probably he is lying to you.

The 17k is for weekly beer and pepper soup money.

By month end, they will pay him his real salary.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Bukola94:
Government junior secondary school
u are a bloody liar

An entry level 8 in government secondary school will earn 55k presently n I can tell u for her to have spent 30 years in service she must b around level 15 or level 16, by now she should b a vp or principal or gunning for permanent secretary at state secretariat n I can tell u with my full chest her salary is well over 190k

Before u argue make sure u know what u want to talk about cos u can see I broke it down in levels for u

My dad retired as a level 16 officer after spending 35 years in service as at 2020 n his monthly pay as at them was 280k aside other benefits

So tell me how can that your teacher friend b earning less than 60k after 30 years in service?
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bluearrow: 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

I'm still shocked that young couples still bear several children today even when they clearly lack the resources to raise them... So, who are they birthing those innocent kids for?! Is there a welfare system in place?!

God bless u!
Nigerians are terrible people, despite the level of hardship, people are still breeding like rats. Someone unable to cater for one child will be giving birth to 4 kids. Our mentality is terrible
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by obinna58(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
if dem give people like u 10million per day u will still say it’s not enough

Your type plenty for here well well

They end up begging las las
Suffering and smiling, you deserve a much better life, when suffer becomes your daily schedule, you’ll start seeing normal healthy living as an enjoyment

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
sonssyo:
Me wey dey single self,300k never do me, not to talk of married and earning 100k, wahala wear wrapper
VeeVeeMyLuv, Angelfrost, these are d people I am talking about, imagine a bachelor saying 300k no do am n no time this one self will start blaming d government cos 300k is not enough for only him per month. Just 1 person ooo

Give these ones 20million per day n they will still tell u stories

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by sacajawea: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
No do pass yourself.
If the lady is a hustler, bring her to the city, secure a loan then give it to her to start a business.
In summary no do pass yourself if your monthly income is less than 100k in this present economy.
Shut up Jare! No dey give people advice up and down
Nonsense advice....
Just keep Quiet and keep it moving
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by highness25(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:
I am writing this post in response to my initial post that made front page yesterday in which a lady said she won't get pregnant until her husband starts earning over 200K

See here:
https://www.nairaland.com/7729988/girl-wont-get-pregnant-husband/

People's reactions got me thinking heavily because nobody addressed the obvious elephant in the room:

unreasonable civil service salaries

In the original post's video, it was established that Nigerian civil servants starting out with a degree ( level 8 ) earn an average of 75K monthly.

And it takes as much as 15-20 years before they can earn close to 200K monthly.

With the current high cost of living (particularly food, transportation and housing), it seems the government doesn't expect civil servants to be able to support their families on their salaries.

This begs the question: does the Nigerian government pay enough for civil servants to get married?

And also, if you're a married civil servant earning less than 100K, how on earth are you able to meet your obligations today?

How?

the video referenced in the previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50
abeg all those people wey de work for bank, how much dem de pay dem. Especially the ones wey de pay customers for counter?? These ones for zenith Bank de act like say de don make am
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
obinna58:

Suffering and smiling, you deserve a much better life, when suffer becomes your daily schedule, you’ll start seeing normal healthy living as an enjoyment
no wonder many of u go into crime n u get killed

Noting is ever enough for u, I won’t b surprised if u don’t even have a million in your account but u are team “dream big, never settle for less, it’s not enough “

Las las no to go broke n start begging people for money
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by TwentyOnePilots(m): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Chicastle:
Some people get relative yankee wey Dey assist them. You think all depends on salary Dey play

Sure, I can relate. I have a colleague at work that basically, his Aunt and Brothers pay his Bills... School Fees, House Rents, House Keeps, Even Monthly Allowance to the wife.

But recently, he was asked to move out from his current place to a vacant apartment owned by the Brother....Seems everyone is kinda feeling the heat one way or the other undecided

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by laprine(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
No do pass yourself.

One of the best advice in a while

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by obinna58(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
no wonder many of u go into crime n u get killed

Noting is ever enough for u, I won’t b surprised if u don’t even have a million in your account but u are team “dream big, never settle for less, it’s not enough “

Las las no to go broke n start begging people for money
Still better than someone who accept suffering as a way of life
Everyday you Dey suffer, you no go complain and make effort to stop suffer suffer
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Bukola94:
affiliate marketing or digital marketing will be good for u. Or be uploading videos on YouTube and be earning has people are downloading your videos. Tic tok owners earn in millions dollar
Unique content

Mind you
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Batman2412(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
I don't understand why Nigerians like to suffer. You will elect bad leaders and still get married and spawn on meager income. Suffer no dey tire una? Do not buy what you can comfortably rent
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Heineken(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zigzagman:

abegi, just forget dat private school mata. e get one of my yard people wey go find work for private school last month. Na 17,000 dem wan pay am to teach 4 subjects. 17,000 o grin grin grin grin
na so private schools owner dey treat people here for Abuja. One of my guy is married, hyn get twins and those twins sabi eat too much. Hyn salary na 30k and hyn dey teach three subjects for Jss1 to Ss2. Crazy thing be say, hyn place far to the school and tp for Abuja now na war. Even me dey teach too for the same school and I dey collect 25k as per say the guy first me enter the school and I dey teach three subjects. The man just add 5k on top all of us making mine 25k and we Don serve since 2014. See bro, no hope for this country. Everyday naso I go dey vex anytime Monday reach to go sch. E no easy o but na who person tell go know.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Heineken(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read comments and lamentations of married people

Let the shege and suffering go round

I used to give money out to people but after this election I realised something that even the beggar on the street will still step into the polling unit on the day of election with tribalism
So since February I nor green give anybody money again and he go remain so for the next four years
my man dey try help if you get, life no too hard and people dey suffer.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by WeirdAlien: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga go n sit down with your rubbish analysis

Many of u are kids who don’t even know what operates now, there are car loans everywhere for civil servants which they can pay conveniently for a period of 4 years

Before u argue just know u are talking to a person whose both parents retired as civil servants

Many of u are just talking rubbish jare, many civil servants are using cars now self

What do you know?
You're the kid here, kindly ask your grandparents what Nigeria was like in the 70s and early 80s. Or did you think Nigeria started in 1999?
Your parents certainly retired after 1993.

I'm talking about the time Peugeot 504 was 7k and Cressida was 5k. Corolla was like 4k. Did you even know Toyota once had a model called Cressida?
Then later in 1988 after Naira suffered devaluation, Mercedes VBoot 230 was around 90k (brand new direct from factory).

Which civil servant can afford a brand new Corolla today without stealing govt money? How much is the car loan govt is giving them today? Can it even buy Nigerian used 2008 Corolla?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nasri100:

Dont try to understand it, just feel it-Tenetgrin

Jokes aside, You should be looking to leave Nigeria or just find a way to make more money and live among the rich people.

That's the only way to escape the madness going on around you.

A country with zero welfare for its people. Sometimes i cringe but understand why the poor will keep getting poor and rich getting rich. Its conditioning!!!

Even in working countries like USA & UK theres high inflation and etc. Not to talk of a s h i t h o l e Nigeria. Yet some Nigerians will never have sense even after they know that this Government noe send anybody papa.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Heineken:
na so private schools owner dey treat people here for Abuja. One of my guy is married, hyn get twins and those twins sabi eat too much. Hyn salary na 30k and hyn dey teach three subjects for Jss1 to Ss2. Crazy thing be say, hyn place far to the school and tp for Abuja now na war. Even me dey teach too for the same school and I dey collect 25k as per say the guy first me enter the school and I dey teach three subjects. The man just add 5k on top all of us making mine 25k and we Don serve since 2014. See bro, no hope for this country. Everyday naso I go dey vex anytime Monday reach to go sch. E no easy o but na who person tell go know.

grin grin grin

Chaiii wetin I just read now.

Served Since 2014??

Collecting 25 Wetin??

And you never enter STREET find solutions to your Situationship. Chaiii things dey Happen.

Raalsalghul come and see oOoshocked
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zigzagman:

Omo Fear don dey Catch me now😂

In as much as I have been through some of the worst shitss in this nation. It's being a while i came across all these kind of shiits.

This is 5% of my Basic Monthly Income and yet I'm still yearning for more.

3 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
Bluearrow:

God bless u!
Nigerians are terrible people, despite the level of hardship, people are still breeding like rats. Someone unable to cater for one child will be giving birth to 4 kids. Our mentality is terrible

They will tell you that "God who brought the kids will provide"! They end up birthing serious problems for the nation!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
VeeVeeMyLuv, Angelfrost, these are d people I am talking about, imagine a bachelor saying 300k no do am n no time this one self will start blaming d government cos 300k is not enough for only him per month. Just 1 person ooo

Give these ones 20million per day n they will still tell u stories

Just as I said earlier... That kid has never seen even 100k in his young life!

They are faking it here, lying to themselves and their fellow gullible youths!

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
WeirdAlien:

What do you know?
You're the kid here, kindly ask your grandparents what Nigeria was like in the 70s and early 80s. Or did you think Nigeria started in 1999?
Your parents certainly retired after 1993.

I'm talking about the time Peugeot 504 was 7k and Cressida was 5k. Corolla was like 4k. Did you even know Toyota once had a model called Cressida?
Then later in 1988 after Naira suffered devaluation, Mercedes VBoot 230 was around 90k (brand new direct from factory).

Which civil servant can afford a brand new Corolla today without stealing govt money? How much is the car loan govt is giving them today? Can it even buy Nigerian used 2008 Corolla?
u are a mumu man

I was talking about when Volkswagen was 1200 n we still have wristwatch like stilheoto, singer fridge

I don’t even need to reply u cos u are so lost that u don’t know d meaning of inflation, it affects every country in d world n I could remember my fathers friend travelled to uk in d 90’s with less than 10k

See ehn just go sit down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nazira: Missing Child Found In Osogbo (Photo) / 1-Day-Old Baby Found In A River In Osun (graphic Photos) / Man Takes His Wife's Underwear To His Church For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.