Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register (46988 Views)

Otti’s Name On Apc’s List, Not On Labour Party’s Membership Register Submitted / INEC Directs Parties To Submit Membership Register 30 Days Before Primaries / Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by TemplarLandry: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
Very correct. The court will dismiss his case. He wasn't qualified to contest in the first place!
Charly68:
very great job..as a lay man ,I can conclude what the legal giant is driving at. A man that is not qualify to contest an election shouldn't have the locus stand to raise a petition against the winner. He has no legal ground in the law court. I fear lawyers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by famology(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
That his name didn't appear on 22 April 2022, does it mean that the party register can't be updated, next day? Is there a law he breached?

Yes
30 days before primary

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by franchasofficia: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
This is an intra party matter and pre-election matter too. APC and Tinubu ought to have brought the case forward before the election.

Now the tribunal is dealing with post-election matter.

And lastly, Bola Tinubu and APC with INEC are defendants in the Tribunal not litigants. If they want to sue Obi for not being a member of Labor Party, they will need to file a fresh case against Obi, while the Tribunal focuses on the litigants case.

I cannot sue you in court and while defending yourself, you turnaround to start accusing me of one wrongdoing. Court proceedings doesn't work that way. If you have a case against me, you will need to file a separate suit against me for that not while defending your own case.

Olanipekun Ronu people lawyer na charge and bail lawyer for Oshodi under bridge cheesy

May this case of Obi not being a member of the Labor Party favor me and my family oh, ire oh cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by zoedew: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
Feintline:
Is this as a defence of tinubu fake certificates or not getting the constitutional requirement?
Is this as a defence of the yakubu mahood/ tinubu manufactured presidential election results?

Erudite and respectable lawyer, Olanipekun (SAN) seem to have lost his balance defending tinubu.

When 3 different tinubu witness all failed to show up on the same day, you begin to wonder if the 3 witnesses are living together.

Defending tinubu is a crime against God and humanity.
When the judgment is delivered and his locus standi shredded and his Petition dismissed you will get the answer.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Stevosty: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
it’s obvious u aren’t following d case u are just being emotional

All those things u mentioned have been thrashed out by court n yesterday this same wole presented tinubu admission letter to Chicago university, clearance letter from USA embassy stating clearly tinubu isn’t wanted for any crime amidst other documents
thrashed out? Stop the lies, did you follow today proceedings? APC and its candidate are in deep sh*t.
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by famology(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
Guyman01:
Is this not the same internal party matter that Atiku was sanctioned by the court for questioning the Double nomination of Shettima. The court will bill Tinubu N10m for raising this intra party matter and wasting the time of the court

But they won't fine obi for raising the same double nomination at the tribunal right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Mrtaye: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
Burob:
His name no dey the register of members, which party are you talking about?

Which one comes first, the law, or the action?

I.e. your name no dey articles of association, you claim say you be director of company?
So iNEC was dumb and stupid to have accredited him
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Dozie32(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hoebi the lying machine,
The fake statistics quoting machine,
The 63 years old youth wannabe,
The dark-mourning-regalia-wearing charlatan.
He's even unable to talk like a man.

Someone that is far greater than your failed parents grin grin
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by AK481(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
the nation as source ?
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Mrtaye: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
duro4chang:
You forgot to say the same thing when obi said shettima had two nomination. It was not pre election matter then abi?
So what now happened to shetima was he disqualified
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by one4GOD(f): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
Burob:
Gringory Obi used & dumped by Bola Tinubu & APC.
just laughing at you, you guys think Obi is careless as ur ancestor tinubu, just dey play grin grin
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by LagBae(f): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
Then why was he cleared by INEC? This further confirms that INEC is incompetent.

Bunch of corrupt people shooting themselves in the foot. You tell lies so tey, u no know when you implicate your partner in crime.
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by stuffs2002: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hoebi the lying machine,

Obi is a mentor to the fake jamb result girl.

Lamba Obi is a youth at 63 years while the fake jamb score girl is a minor at 19 years

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by gigabyte13: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
I don talk before say
OBI and his employed junkies are just entertaining the law court.
By the time the erudite Wole Olanipekun finished with them, with simple facts.
They will start exchanging blows with themselves inside the court.

I have been following this man Wole Olanipekun since defence of former president Musa Yaradua, baba Sabi mess up his fellow colleagues inside court with facts.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by zoedew: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
DrGoodman:

That's an intra party affair. Pre election matter.
That is one of the requirements you must possess to file an election petition. Next is that you must have participated in the election. Elementary stuff but quite germane. You must first stand on your feet and walk before you lay claim to the ability to run!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Freethinker87: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
I don't get it. Even if it is true that PO is not a member in Anambra. Is anything stopping Peter Obi from being a LP member in Abuja, Lagos or even Kano? What kind of watery argument is this?
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by one4GOD(f): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Can it take effect comrade?
mumus everywhere, Obi has come to say and as you can see, he has changed the narrative, unah sorry oooh

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Confirmedzombie: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
Andrenalin:
Peter Obi is very very wise, he knows something like this will happen, so he sue them on his own name and with lp. The case file shows that LP and mr Peter Obi sue Tinubu and INEC. So if you knock LP out, Obi is there to hold you on your left leg…. I laugh in Swahili

Chia obedients are useless logic. How is obi a wise man here.

Look APC and Tinubu knew all this but kept quiet kust to use obi and divide PDP vote.

The issue of obi not been in LP register is an INEC guidelines not a party affairs.

With this obi case will be struck out. He has no case in the Tribunal.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by tiger28: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
My question is..

IF this issue is "intra party " issue......

THEN why did Obi's lawyers TRY to object this evidence??

This cannot be compared to Shettima's case by FAR because Shettima is a Bona-fide member.

HOW can this be intra party when you are not even a member

Now Monkey don go market......

4 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by famology(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ferdinandu:
These Tinubu lawyers are all illiterate lawyers. They all bought their way to the top. Even we that are not lawyers knows that recently there have been a ruling that the fact that Tinubu or Shettima is not a member of labour party, or they didn't contest in the primary election of labour party they don't have the loqus standing to challenge the outcome of labour standard bearer. Why are these fools wasting their time and the time of the country

But obi can challenge the nomination of candidate in a party he's not a member of abi?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by famology(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
Codes151:
NWC of any party has the right to a waver.....
its in Party Constitution...

so what if they say he was given a waver?//

APC and mumu ideas

You're the mumu but u nor know. Waiver is for members. Odoyor

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Peacecore: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hoebi the lying machine,
Oga why are you bitter like this??
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by tonytony208(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Hoebi the lying machine,

When Tinubu fielded Atiku as presidential candidate for ACN, was Atiku an ACN member then?

I expect you to provide no answer because you aren't permitted to work with a functional brain.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by zoedew: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
DrGoodman:

That's an intra party affair. Pre election matter.
Nope! It is a dispute about whether he was the choice of the Party as candidate not his membership of same that will qualify as
intraparty affair and a pre-election matter. Livy needn’t be livid! The Labour Party is the only other person who can present the petition. So long as the Labour Party remains a party no wahala for the petition.
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by highchief1: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
Burob:
His name no dey the register of members, which party are you talking about?

Which one comes first, the law, or the action?

I.e. your name no dey articles of association, you claim say you be director of company?
why I Dey explain to an?u think say na everybody when Dey Nairaland get sense?
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Didi2d(m): 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
Freethinker87:
I don't get it. Even if it is true that PO is not a member in Anambra. Is anything stopping Peter Obi from being a LP member in Abuja, Lagos or even Kano? What kind of watery argument is this?

Remember what happened to oshomole that year.
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by deeva2: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
DrGoodman:

Only Labour Party members can sue him. Check the laws.

But LP instead of the school can sue President Tinubu for fake result.

Just dey play.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Stevosty: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Look at all these APC clowns, how I wish iamv was allowed to post today's live proceedings or someone else.
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by tonytony208(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Missing manhood finally found inside Lamidi Apapa's pocket.

Inside life!

When Tinubu fielded Atiku as ACN presidential candidate, was Atiku a member of the ACN?
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Mrtaye: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2023
seanfer:

Then LP/Obi are supposed to tender that during their exhibit tendering..... The respondent are tendering that against LP/Obi
That's not a defence... they are supposed to be defending the tabled petitions...it's more like beating about the bush cos if not then what happened to shetima
Re: Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register by Fiscus105(m): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2023
Racoon:
Jokers! What about the waiver clause in the party constitution? they didn't raised the matter as a pre-electoral matter? Why was he cleared by INEC. Same viscious cycle of defending a criminally acquired electoral mandate

Electoral act superceed party constitution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

FFK: Osinbajo Appointed Chairman "Use The Toilet Committee Of Nigeria" / Ebonyi State Officially Launch Ebubeagu Security Network (Photos) / Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Gives Nigerians A Glimpse Into His Office (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.