Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States (2056 Views)

Delegates From Various States Pay Dogara Courtesy Visit (photos) / 2015 Elections - Share Your Experience @ Your Polling Unit Here / 96 Nigerians Deportees Arrive Lagos From Various Parts Of Europe . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by duro: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2011
Share your experience of Nigeria's 51st Independent anniversary here from the various State. I was in Abuja and the City was a Shadow of itself devoid of the usual funfair and pageantry that usually characterized the occasion.I see it as a Black Saturday as if it was a day of national mourning. I pity those children who always look forward to the celebration especially those usually involved in calisthenic display and other performances during such occasions for their dashed hope. It was as if everybody went to sleep on that day.I wept for Nigeria. The Eagle Square was the most deserted. So share your experience here. Pls attach pictures if there is any
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by victorazy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2011
Boring
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by llbhuds: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
after countless mails and various unanswered calls to the Nigerian embassy in the Scandinavian country where i reside to asked if the embassy is planning an event to mark the occasion, i decided to sit at home and get drunk and i slept the whole day grin grin grin grin
i think Nigeria will soon cease to exist!!!
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by blank(f): 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
It rained all night and all morning in Lekki so no movement (and no light). Cooked, ate, slept, washed, read and slept some more.
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by maclatunji: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
Yup! There was no light (electricity) until Sunday Night. However, I was ashamed that the states had bigger celebrations than the Federal Government. Some of the parades I saw at State level in the news were not bad at all. I think I was particularly impressed by the one held in Akwa Ibom State.

Personally, I slept, worked, worked and cooked.
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by DrummaBoy(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2011
Here in IB City, it was dry like no man's business
I ate, slept & joined my church to pray 4 Nig in d evening
No NEPA 2!
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by freecocoa(f): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2011
There was no power supply but I put on my gen set, watched movies,slept a little and nairalanded a lot.
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by Thatdave(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2011
independence day? There was uninterrupted power supply. Watched tv, plus wrote many lines of code.

Honestly expected boko fireworks but there was no explosions! Boko is loosing.

'children children, how old is independence today?'
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by slimyem: 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
i slept,cried,slept,cried,slept,cried and slept again for my dear beloved country.
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by eunisam: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
In ebonyi,uʍop ǝpısdn sɐʍ ıʎuoqǝ

The workers has been on strike.

October 1 Feeling station went on strike.

Keke napepe hike the fees

Nepa Was off

Student did not do their nomal matching

Army,police,cilvil defense did the matching

they was a low turnup of youths at the government house where we are supposed to meet before proceeding to the Stadum
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by badmrkt(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2011
mehn, dere was no celeberationz where i am(calitown).they place was as quiet as a grave yard,
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by eunisam: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2011
ugly
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by john6006: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
The first time I saw a mad man singing Nigeria national anthem,
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by cinzo: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
It rained and rained!!! And I slept and slept!!!
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by opeg: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
In the UK, we celebrated it in my school with the Chinese as it was the same day with China National Day of which they are 62yrs. It was fun, we dressed in our various attire to show our culture and danced. it was fun,
Re: Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States by AmakaG29(f): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
The celebrations here are this weekend! (Nija time, always late)

I'll be attending parties, fashion shows, and a parade.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Bakassi - 1922 - 39 Maps Had Rio Del Rey As Eastern End Of Peninsula / Gunmen Attack Police Station, Prison and Banks In Mayo-Belwa, Adamawa State / Oshiomole ,linda Ikeji At War Over Dillish BBA Winners Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.