Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

FCCPC Bars Pos Operators From Increasing Prices, Threatens Sanction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCCPC Bars Pos Operators From Increasing Prices, Threatens Sanction (186 Views)

CBN Bars Crypto Bank Account Operators From Cash Withdrawal / FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FCCPC Bars Pos Operators From Increasing Prices, Threatens Sanction by rano1: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) has barred PoS operators in Nigeria from implementing the recently announced increase in charges for PoS transactions.

The Commission in a statement released on Wednesday and signed by its Chief ExecutiveOfficer, Mr. Babatunde Irukera, said the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act (FCCPA) does now allow any trade group to fix price in a way that is capable of distorting the market. While warning the Association of Mobile Money and Bank Agents in Nigeria (AMMBAN) not to implement the announced prices, Irukera said any attempt to go ahead would be met with penalties as spelt in the FCCPA.

Price fixing is not allowed
While noting that the FCCPA frowns at price fixing by any trade group in Nigeria, Irukera said:
β€œThe Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Act (2018) (FCCPA) recognizes; indeed encourages the prerogative of businesses to organise in, and as trade associations for acceptable purposes, such as ensuring and enforcing applicable standards and best practices, as well as a measure of self-regulation within the profession or trade.
However, the same FCCPA copiously and extensively limits the scope and extent of such collaboration, particularly to exclude coordination with respect to the scope or supply of services and price of services.

The FCCPA expressly prohibits any price-fixing or agreement among undertakings (whether bilaterally or multilaterally) or by undertakings acting in consensus on the platform, or under the aegis of an association to fix prices, coordinate supply or any other commercially sensitive factors that can limit or substantially prevent competition; or otherwise distort the market.

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/05/fccpc-bars-pos-operators-from-increasing-prices-threatens-sanction/

Re: FCCPC Bars Pos Operators From Increasing Prices, Threatens Sanction by 001Lagos: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
Will they work the talk or it's just lip service ..

Tinubu supporters in my area are now drinking garri for dinner πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: FCCPC Bars Pos Operators From Increasing Prices, Threatens Sanction by Temzgadgets1(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2023
I am your trusted & reliable exchanger.I deal on the fast and secure exchange of:

Perfect Money
Bitcoin
USDT
Skrill
AstroPay
Binance funds
PayPal funds

Instant payments guaranteed
Physical/office transactions available

WhatsApp:β€ͺ+234Β 703Β 308Β 1410

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Robbed On My First Month Of Work / Girls Jacket And Girls Raintex Jacket / Widening Gap After Exchange Rate Unification: I&E Window Vs Parallel Market Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.