Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

3 Mistakes That Can Hinder You From Getting Admitted To A University This Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Mistakes That Can Hinder You From Getting Admitted To A University This Year (138 Views)

Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University / What Are My Chances Of Getting Admitted To ABU. / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Mistakes That Can Hinder You From Getting Admitted To A University This Year by Azeemokoya: 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Some students have become regular JAMB’s clients every year. They sit for the exam every year, have a relatively high mark, say 260+, yet fail to get admission. They either fail the Post UTME of the school, make one funny mistake or miss the whole year outright. The following year, they brace themselves to write the exam again.

From my experience talking to many students and listening to their plights, I have found out three mistakes they always make while seeking admission to any university.

1. Insistence on a particular course

Now, don’t get me wrong. There is nothing wrong in being ambitious or chasing a particular course, say medicine and surgery, nursing, law, accounting, and you name it. But, most times, your educational background also matters. If you’re not sufficiently armed with the requisite knowledge, it may take you increasing number of hours, months, or even years, to compete favourably with people who have better educational background or more privileged than you are. You just cannot meet up with their standards. And they don’t need to read as much as you do.

If you find yourself in this situation, you need to go for a less competitive course that’s closely related to your desired course. You need not worry now, the dots will connect when you look backward. There is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary nature of many courses. This means that some courses are connected, or related, in a way, but you may not know now.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/3-mistakes-that-can-hinder-you-from-getting-admitted-to-a-university-this-year/

(1) (Reply)

Student loans with high interest!! Prepare to be dragged For Repayment Like Gen! / 6 Ways To Do Background Study While Writing A Research Essay / Dangote Offers Scholarships To 60 Students In 5 Host Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.