Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V (3345 Views)

President Tinubu & Papa Ajasco Shake Hands In Lagos (Video) / Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Aregbesola Refused To Sit Beside, Shake Hands With Omisore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by AyoNews: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (VIDEO)

In a surprising turn of events, a video has emerged from Kano, Nigeria, capturing a tense moment between the current Governor and the Emir of Kano.

The incident has sparked widespread concern and raised questions about the state of their relationship and its implications for the region.

The video, which has quickly circulated on social media platforms, shows the Governor visibly declining to shake hands with the Emir during a public event. The gesture, considered a customary display of respect, has left many perplexed and worried about the underlying issues between the two prominent figures.

The refusal to shake hands has been interpreted by some as a sign of a deepening rift between the Governor and the Emir. Speculations about the root cause of this apparent discord have fueled discussions among the citizens of Kano and beyond. Many are left wondering if there are political, cultural, or personal reasons behind the Governor’s decision.

The Governor and the Emir are influential figures in Kano State, and their relationship is crucial for maintaining stability and fostering development in the region. Kano, with its rich cultural heritage and economic significance, requires strong leadership and harmonious cooperation between these key figures.

Efforts are underway to gather more information about the incident and the circumstances that led to this public display of discord. As the situation unfolds, it is important for the relevant authorities to address and resolve any underlying issues promptly, in order to prevent further escalation and maintain peace in Kano.

Kano State has a long history of tolerance and unity, and it is imperative that this spirit prevails in times of disagreement. The people of Kano deserve leadership that prioritizes their welfare and works towards the common goal of progress and prosperity.

Watch Video Here 👇👇👇

https://rovingposts.com/kano-state-terrified-as-the-governor-refused-to-shake-hands-with-the-new-emir-video/

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by isitforeba: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
We are watching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hmm interesting times ahead in Kano

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by LikeAking: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
That governor love violence..

3 Likes

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by iHateFraudsters: 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
LikeAking:
That governor love violence..

Peace is not an option
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by BadMaster: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
OP, we don't do that on Nairaland. You should have pasted the video link here. Your thread can't make frontpage as it is. You better edit the OP and past the YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII3NmCYCTc

3 Likes

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by WorldRichest: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Emilokan Tinubu will just watch while the current kindergarten governor set his state on fire. It's not the business of the City Boy that Fulani and Hausa are fighting. Just the same way he is watching as Igbos kill themselves using IPOB, ESN, and UGM

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Opanka44(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
This is a Bad Omen. The Emir is not even loved by his people. I still remember how he was booed some months ago.
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Blankstare(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
This Governor is mad...

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Abee79(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
I think he was just showing respect . . .
Not everything can be understood via the lens of Western Culture.
In most African cultures, it is unthinkable to shake an elder, talk more of a royal figure.
Handshake is not African culture!

I personally don't shake elders, even if they stretch their hands. I bow instead, with my hands behind my back.
If they insist, then I give in, but only if they insist.
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by PrincessofDSS(f): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Could it be out of respect 🫡 or that the Governor is having a beef with the Emir?

Only time will tell!!!!
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by southsouthking(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ganduje destroyed Kano.
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Solsix(m): 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
That governor should just work for Kano people and let by gone be by gone
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by jesmond3945: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
Abee79:
In most African cultures, it is unthinkable to shake an elder, talk more of a royal figure.

I personally don't shake elders, even if they stretch their hands. I bow instead, with my hands behind my back.
you watch the video so?
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Ahmed0336(m): 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
Abee79:

Google the governor's age and that of the emir
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by DeAdvokate(m): 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
This is normal in northern/Kano culture. Not shaking him is a mark of respect for the throne

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by abobote: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
This kwakwanso stooge will be very wicked
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Abee79(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2023
Ahmed0336:

Google the governor's age and that of the emir

Royalty transcends age. Once a person wears a crown, his/her age becomes a non-issue.
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Ahmed0336(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2023
Abee79:

Royalty transcends age. Once a person wears a crown, his/her age becomes a non-issue.
You're right

1 Like

Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by Lanretoye(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2023
The Governor be looking for a simple mistake to reinstall SLS and dethrone ganduje's emir.
Re: Kano State Terrified As The Governor Refused To Shake Hands With The New Emir (V by tishbite42: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2023
Hian
This is ominous
Aminu Bayero will not enjoy this throne
The rich also cry

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Three Senior Military Officers, 20 Other Soldiers Killed As Terrorists / 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu / Inec To Deregister 55 Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.