Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu (3348 Views)

Picture Of Governor Wike Holding A Bell / Why Obasanjo Does Not Want 2nd Term For Jonathan – Ewegbara / Why Obasanjo Does Not Want 2nd Term For Jonathan – Ewegbara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by mowapa(m): 6:04am On Mar 23, 2007
He does not have a penny in establishing any media; even the controversial Transcorp's share had been investigated and was discovered that it was bought with a loan from the United Bank for Africa (UBA); the operational word here is a loan. It is UBA's money not Obasanjo's money."

On the issue of the alleged involvement of the President in Bells University, Ribadu said, "We have investigated him; he doesn't own it, even though he has the right to own property. We have the fact and Nigerians would soon know."

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article06/230307
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Afam(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2007
There is every possibility that OBJ does not own Bell University.

I can influence a big company to come and setup a project in my village if they are convinced that there is a market that will consume what they offer. I do not need to own the company for me to do that.

Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians only want to hear certain things and when information is not shaped into what they want to hear there is trouble.

Unless someone has or knows the facts in the establishment of the university I do not see any reason why I should not believe the EFCC's version since information on such a serious issue can be found easily and is usually in the public domain.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Razorr(f): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2007
Well Afam, I'm really sorry, but Ribadu has proven that his word doesn't mean shit! Look at the bullocks he spewed yesterday about the PTDF report.
Where are the men of integrity in Nigeria? sad
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Afam(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2007
Hi Razorr,

I do not know what Ribadu said on the PTDF issue. I am only stating that there is every possibility that OBJ does not own Bell University.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Razorr(f): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2007
Well, I'm tired of these our leaders playing with our intelligence. If there is evidence that shows that he owns the University, then he's guilty, haaaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Tobiegal(f): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2007
Haba, na wa 4 Ribadu o,

am realy surprised he can prononce Obj. as not being Corrupt, dat is a so much of understatement, I mean, dat Obj. is carrying out war on corruption, does not make him inncoent of d act,

Bt den, if indeed he is clean, y associate with d likes of Adedibu n akala?, or are dey innocent as well,

pls, dont let us deceive ourselves abeg,
'
even 'almighty ribadu' shd watch his back, cos frankly, he cld jst be anoda tafa balogun! lipsrsealed
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by mowapa(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
Ribadu should resign his position starting now! if as head of EFCC the man could not ascertain as of now that Obasanjo family owns the Bell Schools, then he does not deserve to head such organization. either held in trust or not the person calling the shot as of last year was one onaolapo soleye a trusted ally and confidant.

On the issue of stock ownership, how could Ribadu believe such lie that loans were secured for the transaction, you may have to be a slowpoke to bite that B. S and i want assume H.R is not one. Every personal business made by the OBJ firms since he became the President is so unethical that in any "civilized" country it would have brought his government down. I know as a private citizen of Naija, I do not have a proof to say otherwise, neither did i have one to call Abacha and IBB corrupt. We all know he who pays the piper dictate the tune, there will be another person paying the piper soon, what song will Ribadu sing then.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by lewa(m): 1:59am On Mar 24, 2007
So who does?Initially,Dr Onaolapo Soleye claimed to be the proprietor and when he fallout with Baba,he was denounced as owner!Who does please~visited thge school last year and its common knowledge on campus!
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Radiant(f): 2:08am On Mar 24, 2007
Ribadu can't bite the fingers that feed him. You guys actually want him to say OBJ is corrupt? lmao. . wake up, guys!
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by mowapa(m): 2:51am On Mar 24, 2007
Ribadu swore to defend the Constitution of Nigeria and not OBJ. Its about time he start doing that! I won't be surprised if he has a skeleton in his closet too
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Radiant(f): 2:59am On Mar 24, 2007
mo wapa:

Ribadu swore to defend the Constitution of Nigeria and not OBJ.

I hear you!!! Wait for him to defend the Constitution, okay?
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by globalaid(m): 4:11am On Mar 24, 2007
who is ribadu? why do we celebrate mediocre in this country. the guy has derailed for a long time, it is just a matter of time before all this mess stop. they should just keep on stealing their money and safe us from their useless denial
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by chidichris(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2007
for the fear of the dogs among us, i want to accept the fact that obj is not corrupt.

he is not the owner of bell university neither does he have a share with transcrop.

we can confirm the above information by the state of our roads, the state of power/water supply, the level of security of lives and properties, the welfare of workers, the calibre of men in his government, the status of the untouchable men among us in the name of political godfathers like chris uba and adedibu, the number of illegal impeachments within his eight years of governance.

what is corruption?

the loan in question has confirmed date and the projects were sponsored before the loans were obtained.

fasowe has comented on the ptdf and his mofas account, yet our able ribadu is saying this man is a saint.

the saint promised heaven out of earth and eight years was not okay for him hence he went for third term which failed and nigerians are paying darely for the refusal.

Mr. Afam, Obj is not corrupt, what about Adedibu whom obj has confirmed as been overaged to be reformed which means bigger than the country. what about chris uba? is he corrupt or not? tell me about the must be and selected/annointed anambra governor to be Andy Uba? is he corrupt or not? tell me about Tony Annenih and Bode George, are they corrupt or not? what happened to Okonjo Iweala, was she corrupt or not?

well, it is time for all of us to come out and stone to death Atiku and Orji Uzo kalu as they are the only two corrupt people in Nigeria as was shown in their anti third term position as that was an anti party movement.

we have a seen in obj a president more interested in the party than the country.

what could be more corrupt than the personal selection of all the candidates for april polls both in pdp and other parties.

we all see and read about poplitics in other countries and nigeria is ours and we all know and have been following the trend. he is the most corrupt thing nigeria has ever seen and if u want to know why, trace the history of our roads, it is at its worst, security has never been so porous that robbers can operate for five hours and more in an open place - never. political murders has a record rate between 1999 and now. impeachment which has no legal backings has its record in this administration. chris uba sole handed over-threw an elected governor and was never purnished but was rather promoted to member board of trustees by this administration and this has never been had of in our politics.
adedidu has never enjoyed such a broad base of freedom in his thug - life before now.

please for those of us who believe this embacile is not corrupt, reffer me to ur points and facts which must not have anything to do with selected justice.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Razorr(f): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2007
Obasanjo is not corrupt o! He is a saint o! Hmmm. . . .  lipsrsealed
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Afam(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2007
chidichris:

for the fear of the dogs among us, i want to accept the fact that obj is not corrupt.

So, some members of this forum are dogs according to you? It is a shame that an idiot like you will come to a public forum to label other members of the forum dogs because they do not agree with you positions which are usually filled with inconsistences, wrong premises and judgements.

chidichris:

Mr. Afam, Obj is not corrupt, what about Adedibu whom obj has confirmed as been overaged to be reformed which means bigger than the country. what about chris uba? is he corrupt or not? tell me about the must be and selected/annointed anambra governor to be Andy Uba? is he corrupt or not? tell me about Tony Annenih and Bode George, are they corrupt or not? what happened to Okonjo Iweala, was she corrupt or not?

Please stop writing my name when engaging in your useless analysis. Has anyone told you on this forum that OBJ is not corrupt?

If you have a problem understanding basic english ask any of your friends to help you explain what is being written here.

Your constant style of not understanding issues and yet using your lack of understanding to abuse others is embarassing and you should do yourself a whole lot of good to remedy the problem.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by freespirit(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2007
Hello Nairalanders, theres no need doubting whatever Mallam Ribadu said about ownership of bell University and other things he's ever represented. he is making us believe he knows everything (the worse and the bad) that is going under the carpet in this country as it bothers on corruption.

1. he has manifested that he is a very great genius in covering the corrupt ones and blabbing on the media about those who have fallen out of Obj's favor .

2. i believe those who live in a glass house should throw no stone. has anyone ever sat down to wonders why Ribadu and his partners have not declared their assets; is asset declaration done after (dis)service to the nation or b4 ur service. one should not be surprised to see him talking about declaring his assets when he'll be leaving the office so that people wont know his worth b4 coming into the office.

what i really got from him and his fellow partners in crime is that those with little account of treasury looting should be decapitated while other who r chronically embedded in looting of public treasury should be applauded.

it is very disheartening to see a full grown man stand in front of the media and be telling lies to over 140 million people. things that even a toddler sees, you'll see a man like ribadu and others like Iwu telling you that they don't know about it.
anyway it is said that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. over 140 million people of Nigeria are seeing it. " WHAT A SHAME TO U RIBADU, IWU AND CO-CORRUPT PEOPLE IN PUBLIC OFFICES".
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by mankevo(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2007
shocked

I beleive that BABA/PDP have druged Ribadu into defending them and not fighting them.
I have said it before that Ribadu's integrity has stinked since the issue of PTDF.See how he even attacked the Senate review panel.  cry cry
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2007
" I feel good" la la la la! I feeeel gooooood, la la la la la la
So good, so good, so good ,

It is fun to be here and to "hear" and thus be informed.

Mazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am here at last.

I knew it long long time ago that OBJs corruption fight is a dummy. OBJ produced the dummy and Ribadu is the cheif marketting officer. Me, I no go buy. Even for free, I no go take.

If Ribadu can at least tell us who doctored, midwived and nursed the EFCC's corruption list, then maybe I might spare watching Tom & Jerry just for a munite to listen to him.

On the other hand, OBJ might actually be fighting corruption, it all depends on the definition:

What is corruption?[i][/i]
To a DPO, it might mean when the team that went for "duty", come back to station and declare "nothing"!
To an armed Gang leader, it might be when a gang member cannot account for some part of the loot from the latest operation.
To student writing WEAC, it might be when the guy they paid for the "bullet" supplies fake papers.
To OBJ, it might be when you are in opposition or cannot be trusted to protect the interest of the "party" or when you might win an election against his annointed.

To me:, it might be when you support OBJ, Adedibu, Chris and Andy Uba, Atiku, IBB, etc

To you: ,

Please tell us, what do you think corruption is?
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by adconline(m): 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2007
Only a fool who can believe him. He said that OBJ was clean until the Senate report came to light. He has assumed OBJ's mouth piece like Remi Oyo and Fanikayode.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by dremoney(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2007
from mo wapa:march 23,2007[quote][/quote]

du u blive ribadu?
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Afam(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2007
@noblezone,

To me corruption is when you declare all political enemies of OBJ as innocent ones regardless of their track records in corruption.

Ribadu has disappointed many including those of us that still prefer the selective anti corruption fight to no-fight at all.

Anyone that says that OBJ is not corrupt will be wasting time as no one can choose to become both the president and oil minister for more than 7 years without any corrupt practices.

Before now I have always quarrelled with Ribadu anytime he tries to state that the EFCC is not selective because it is but we prefer the selectivity when compared with what the status quo used to be.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by mowapa(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2007
If OBJ and his family do not own bell, then who does? the phenomenon growth of that school in term of structural development is at par with AB TI. If the loan ruse could be believed, @ what rate was the loan granted. everything that this president has done since 99 in his private capacity is so unethical he should have his own private wing with his cabinet at kirikiri.

We should reserve our anger toward Ribadu as i seriously believe that chap is no dummy, he will soon start singing a new tune when he knows OBJ albatross is no longer hanging around his neck.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
@Afam,

I hope you didnt take that personal? Well, whatever. Its not really that important.

One thing you need to realise is that OBJ's corruption fight had only succeeded in making "heroes" out of "traitors", such that the likes of Orji Kalu and Atiku now appear to be great democrats and nationalists fighting for the masses. Yet, some of us are not distracted from the fact that these men soiled their hands.

What is happening is like when you have an armed robber as a very close friend and perhaps you even harbour him and help him to keep his loots. Everybody around knows this fellow is a rogue yet you do everything to protect him. Until one day the guy robs your relation, then you come out to "expose" him. Asking the people to help you deal with him. The chances are that nobdoy will respond.

Yet let me ask you, do you have proof of those corruption tract records you mentioned? Just like you said that there chances that OBJ doesn't own Bell, there are chances that these other guys are "clean".
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Afam(m): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2007
noblezone:

@Afam,

I hope you didnt take that personal? Well, whatever. Its not really that important.

One thing you need to realise is that OBJ's corruption fight had only succeeded in making "heroes" out of "traitors", such that the likes of Orji Kalu and Atiku now appear to be great democrats and nationalists fighting for the masses. Yet, some of us are not distracted from the fact that these men soiled their hands.

There is basically nothing personal in your post, I only provided another view so that you will understand that you may be guilty of what you accuse others of.

noblezone:

Yet let me ask you, do you have proof of those corruption tract records you mentioned? Just like you said that there chances that OBJ doesn't own Bell, there are chances that these other guys are "clean".

I do not have any proof just as I am sure you don't have either but ofcourse you are more likely to believe any accusation against OBJ no matter how ridiculous and that is what I disagree with.

Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians are decieved into seeing the likes of Atiku, Ogbeh, Kalu etc as heroes just because they fell out with OBJ.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by 9ja4eva: 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2007
Ribadu shld shut his mouth up and speak the truth.Who is he decieving dt Obj doesnt own the bells?I really thot he was intelligent am forced to believe he is nt worth all d praise.Thank God for Nnamani who has stood his ground.The children of this old liars wld flog them someday for throwing their destines away.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by DRANOEL(m): 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2007
obj used uba loan ( after ptdf money was deposited in it) to buy transcorp-no crime

fasawe used tib loan ( after ptdf money was deposited in it) to fund ndtv -big crime

haba ribadu you don loose face
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by 9ja4eva: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2007
Fasawe said Obj paid 700m into his account.So what is shameless Ribadu saying?Generations ahead are waiting ahead i hope they dnt fail dem.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2007
@Afam
[td]There is basically nothing personal in your post, I only provided another view so that you will understand that you may be guilty of what you accuse others of[/td]

And If I may ask? What did I accuse others of?

[td]I do not have any proof just as I am sure you don't have either but ofcourse you are more likely to believe any accusation against OBJ no matter how ridiculous and that is what I disagree with.
[/td]

You should know that the "proof" issue is never my style. I only mentioned it to show you might be guilty of what you accuse others of. If its OBJ, you will insist on proof but for others you can declare them guilty without furher proof. Now, that puts us on the other sides of the line, it might just be sentimental.

As for OBJ, for insisting to "settle" the Uba family with Anambra State purse, I have made up my mind to believe any "ridiculous" accusation against him as I am convinced that the man is capable of anything.

Do not blame Nigerians who now sees some trators as heroes. OBJ through his "corrutpion" fight, made them so. And if I may ask, whither the coruption fight? They have only succeeded in making themselves some laughing stocks. Its a pity.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by 9ja4eva: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2007
Yeah they have indeed.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by Mustay(m): 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2007
I don't understand Ribadu and Dora these days. y can't they face their jobs roundly and stop campaigning 4 favour? Our public officers always behave like 2face
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by jgirl3: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2007
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Gone are the days when I used to be on Ribadu's side but now, this is just the height. I can't wait till OBJ steps out of power and offends Ribadu (if he's still there). Then chicken yansh go open. OBJ has been known as the owner of Bell's since I can remember and it's now (election time) that they're disputing it. Well maybe it's because he can't take up OBJ's case yet.
Re: 'President Obasanjo Does Not Own The Bell Schools" - Ribadu by CrudeOil2(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2007
Ribadu is a bastard.Why do you listen to bastards?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Road Project: Why Lagos Sacked Contractor ! / Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters / Pictures Shows That APC Is Only Using Rochas To Enslave The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.