Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses (24218 Views)

President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Governor Peter Mbah Signs 3 Executive Orders, Hours After Swearing-In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by abc115: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
BREAKING:

Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu
Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden on Businesses

Special adviser to the president on Special duties, communications and startegy Dele Alake, briefed the media on the following:

To address concerns raised by manufacturers and other stakeholders regarding recent tax changes, President Bola Tinubu has signed 4 executive orders:

1 - The Finance Act Order, 2023, which defers the commencement date of the changes contained in the Act from May 23, 2023, to September 1, 2023.

2 - Customs Excise Tariff Amendment Order, 2023, shifts the commencement date of tax changes from March 27, 2023, to August 1, 2023.

3 - Suspension of the 5% Excise Tax on telecommunication services and excise duty on locally produced produts.

4 - Suspension of the newly introduced Green Tax on Single Use Plastics and the Import Tax Adjustment levy on certain vehicles.
https://twitter.com/AlwaysJayjam/status/1676921122837741571?t=jJOAY68oTU_c5D84y9thnw&s=19

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Urheadmaster(m): 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
He should also sign executive orders of cocaine and heroin business into the law

75 Likes 17 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Monzze: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
Another 1

BAT is the man Nigeria needs 🤠

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by eliyke(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
Monzze:
Another 1

No be him put d heavy tax b4?una go jst dey hail some kind things sometimes ehhhh

122 Likes 20 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by tesppidd: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2023
This man no dey sign better bill wey get immediately and fast impact on the people.

Na so so Bill wey go impact in 10 years time e dey sign.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Kobicove(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good news for once! cheesy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by STRI1: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
This comes at a time when some set of people said, FG Is planning to tax. Market women.

Anyway, I advice every citizen of this beautiful country, Nigeria. To embrace peace, love and patience with togetherness. With time we will get to where we want.

Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa, richest country in Africa. That opens ground for further growth. Let's embrace each other. What united us is more than what separates us. We've married interethnically. I can't count number of my Yoruba people that married Igbo including Governor of my state. Nothing can separate us as neighbors, at least. I pray we find lasting peace and progress.

May Almighty Allah bless Nigeria

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by blazepascal(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
[center][/center] grin
Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by VeryWickedPrick: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
I just saw keke marwas paying tax to Oluomo's boys.
I will check again tomorrow maybe na drink dey worry me.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
That's good ideal.

2 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by dihnawris: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Trying hard to please Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Macmoni(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Y

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Nbote(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hahahahahahahaha... Abeg someone needs to help us understand why this govt keeps "resigning" orders and bills already signed by Buhari before he left office..

https://dailytrust.com/telecom-removal-of-5-excise-duty-and-nigerias-economy/

Stylishly bringing back Excise tax on Telecoms and other sectors which were initially exempted by announcing a suspension and deferring it till September when they weren't included in the list in the first place lol

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by SavageResponse(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Great news

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by westlius(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
We need more of that
Kudos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by jumper524(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
He should also sign a executive order of cocaine and heroin business into the law
na like this you wan continue your life cos your candidate no win?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Benny90: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
He should also sign a executive order of cocaine and heroin business into the law
Ease down on Life beer, the thing has damaged your brain bruh

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by blinking001(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
He's called Jagaban for a reason.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by ukpahu(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
God bless Peter obi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by ClearFlair: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lol... Peter Obi is coming

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by nob0dy: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Monzze:
Another 1

Zombie, when him add am you scream BAT is the Man Nigeria needs, same thing you the scream for extending the effective date.

3 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Benny90: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
I just saw keke marwas paying tax to Oluomo's boys.
I will check again tomorrow maybe na drink dey worry me.
You should also check the current situation in biafraland are your parents safe?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by stanech: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good one.... This guy dey surprise me sometimes .. but sofar so bad

we are still watching

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by obembet(f): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Welcome Development

3 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by VeryWickedPrick: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
Benny90:

You should also check the current situation in biafraland are your parents safe?

Everything is favouring me and my family sir.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by ehikwe22: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
Why did he put the heavy tax that would put heavy burden on poor Nigerians after removing subsidy? Was he high on meth or his drug baron mentality of maximum profit in all sitiations took better of him? Grab as much as possible regardless the number of souls that perishes - that's what drug business is all about and bringing that into politics will destroy millions of lives

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by MorataFC: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
Breeeeeeze

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Benny90: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:

Everything is favouring me and my family sir
Thank God for the Southwest , you wont be saying this if your ass in Biafraland 😄

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by Allmiron: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
May the Ease Tax Burden favor me and my family.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by GreatConcept1: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2023

Re: President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
What's exciting here?

He's simply delayed implementation for only a few months, or am I missing something?

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I May Be Slow But I Do Not Loot -buhari / South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi / Police Uncovers Plans To Protest Amaechi’s Ministerial Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.