Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States (4501 Views)

World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
we can search Google satellite. Onitsha doesn't have more buildings than kano, Port harcourt and Abuja. Even Ibadan.

I am Igbo but we have to tell ourselves the truth
You are confusing yourself bro

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by SmartPolician: 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
For some reason, economic data that comes out of Nigeria is always questionable.

The people who collect and analyse this data should always tell us the methodology adopted and how far they covered.

This is why I like Mr. Atedo Peterside. He comes on TV to explain and defend every election data NOI releases. Government agencies that generate and release official data need to learn from that man.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
Onitsha, Nkpo, Ogidi and Obosi are not as built up as port harcourt metro. Even if you add Oba and Nnewi to it, Port metro comprising onne, Elele, oyigbo and obio akpo is still more built up than all of them.

Obio akpo alone is larger than Onitsha main city

Do you know more than Google? Onitsha has already captured Orlu

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Solsix(m): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
I dont think onitsha is second to Lagos in that.

I think Port harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna are more built up than onitsha. Trust me
Which Ibadan?? U have not been to Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

You are confusing yourself bro
I will never believe that Onitsha is 2nd most built up city until you give me an exact figure of all the buildings in Onitsha and other cities in Nigeria.

I am damn sure that onitsha cannot make top 10. I'm also sure that onitsha does not have more buildings than event Owerri and Enugu. I doubt if Onitsha will event have more buildings than Aba not to talk of port harcourt, Abuja and Kano.

Are you kidding me πŸ˜‚
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by proeast(m): 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
plaindealer:
This is the real picture even as usual, you people love to confuse yourselves with data that you can not properly read and comprehend.

In the grand scheme of things, Imo is still at the bottom.

IGR growth is poor and deplorable.

IGR per Capita is lousy

Capital important is abysmal

You're the one confusing yourself out of desperation. IGR per capita is rubbish. Capital importation doesn't mean anything in real terms.

A state can chose to tax citizens to stupor like you guys do in SW. Even pure water sellers are taxed! Another state can decide not to tax citizens and help them to have more disposable money.

We are talking about GDP which is a globally recognized yardstick while you're talking about IGR.

Na wa o.

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2023
plaindealer:
This is the real picture even as usual, you people love to confuse yourselves with data that you can not properly read and comprehend.

In the grand scheme of things, Imo is still at the bottom.

IGR growth is poor and deplorable.

IGR per Capita is lousy

Capital important is abysmal

Revenue growth is nothing to smile about.

Imo has a long way to go and sit at home won't let the state progress economically..

What we showed you is from world bank. You are showing Nigeria local data from quota system products

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
Onitsha is small.
Even if you combine Onitsha, Obosi, nkpor, Ogidi, places like port harcourt, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna and Ibadan are sill larger and more built than it.
Onitsha has Left those places you are mentioning long ago. Onitsha has capured Awka. Ekulobia and Orlu

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Solsix:

Which Ibadan?? U have not been to Onitsha
I have lived in Onitsha for 6 months. I lived at Niger Avenue, Fegge.

I have at least spent on week Abuja, Aba, owerri, Ibandan, Ilorin, Uyo, Calabar and Benin.

I served in port Harcourt and lived in Enugu for 4 years.

Enugu, Owerri, Benin, Ibadan, Abuja, Port harcourt and even Aba are more built up than onitsha. Built up I mean the amount of buildings. Onitsha is small
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
Onitsha is not more built than Abuja. You and I know this.
Or even port harcourt.

You should be laughing at those data πŸ˜‚
Abuja is not big.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

Abuja is not big.
lol, Onitsha is not even as big as Aba in Abia state even if you add Nkpor, Obosi and Ogidi.

I don't know how you people see this una onitsha πŸ˜‚

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
I will never believe that Onitsha is 2nd most built up city until you give me an exact figure of all the buildings in Onitsha and other cities in Nigeria.

I am damn sure that onitsha cannot make top 10. I'm also sure that onitsha does not have more buildings than event Owerri and Enugu. I doubt if Onitsha will event have more buildings than Aba not to talk of port harcourt, Abuja and Kano.

Are you kidding me πŸ˜‚
I repeat, city is different from urban metropolitan area. Anambra rural area are so clustered and constant erection of edifice by rich individuals have merged the villages into an urban cornubation as attested by Google. The whole cluster is regarded as Onitsha metro

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

Onitsha has Left those places you are mentioning long ago. Onitsha has capured Awka. Ekulobia and Orlu
the onitsha on your map, you are adding okija, ihiala , Nnewi and even orlu to it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You must think I am a foolll 🀣
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by plaindealer: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

What we showed you is from world bank. You are showing Nigeria local data from quota system products

World Bank is not a Nigerian institution hence the word estimate at the bottom of the report, it's not factual, it's just an estimation.

Going by the same world Bank, Imo is not growing economically.

Everything we do in life and economically is all about growth, it's the reason why we get education, to work and get promotion, to make profit and prosper, but Imo is not growing economically.

Learn how to read and digest basic info.

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

I have at least spent on week Abuja, Aba, owerri, Ibandan, Ilorin, Uyo, Calabar and Benin.

Enugu, Owerri, Benin, Ibadan, Abuja, Port harcourt and even Aba are more built up than onitsha. Built up I mean the amount of buildings. Onitsha is small
Onitsha City is small, Onitsha metro is huge. This was how Tokyo was formed and now the largest city in the world. Tokyo was originally a small town. Different Japanese villages grew will time and fused together into the modern Tokyo of today

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Solsix(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

That not how it's been calculated. Check buildings per square meter. U will see that Onitsha is built up. Where can u see the type of store buildings except in onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
The newest data shows that Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo state and Delta states are the biggest economies in Nigeria by GDP.

Followed by Anambra, Ondo and ogun state.

The reason why Imo and anambra state are having drastic growth in GDP compared to other states is because of the growing natural Gas exploitation that is going on in these states. Especially, Imo state.

In another 20 Years, we expect that Imo state will become 2nd position with the huge investment that is being made in natural gas in the state.

https://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-State-of-states_Official.pdf

Based solely on internal revenue and capital income, the two most commensurate determinants of wealth, the following are the richest states in Nigeria:
Lagos State. Revenue: 753.5 billion NGN. ...
Rivers State. Revenue: 123.3 billion NGN. ...
Ogun State. ...
Delta State. ...
Kaduna State. ...
Oyo State. ...
Edo State. ...
Kano State.
https://www.clacified.com/business/16/richest-state-nigeria

Stop spreading fake info
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
Based solely on internal revenue and capital income, the two most commensurate determinants of wealth, the following are the richest states in Nigeria:
Ogun State. ...
Delta State. ...
Kaduna State. ...
Oyo State. ...
Edo State. ...
Kano State.

Stop spreading fake info
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

I repeat, city is different from urban metropolitan area. Anambra rural area are so clustered and constant erection of edifice by rich individuals have merged the villages into an urban cornubation as attested by Google. The whole cluster is regarded as Onitsha metro
see look the map.
From head bridge to Ogidi (this part of Ogidi is not even onitsha per se) is still a shorter than than osisioma to Asa umunka in Aba. That distance withing Aba is still twice from headbridge onitsha to Ogidi.

Onitsha is small. It cannot be the 2md most built up by number of houses.

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
lol, Onitsha is not even as big as Aba in Abia state even if you add Nkpor, Obosi and Ogidi.

I don't know how you people see this una onitsha πŸ˜‚
That figure is for Onitsha South and Onitsha north LGA.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
the onitsha on your map, you are adding okija, ihiala , Nnewi and even orlu to it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You must think I am a foolll 🀣
Now that is where your ignorance is coming from. Those places are part of Onitsha metro

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Solsix:

That not how it's been calculated. Check buildings per square meter. U will see that Onitsha is built up. Where can u see the type of store buildings except in onitsha
if you say building by square meter then I will agree but total number of building, Onitsha cannot be top 10.

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

That figure is for Onitsha South and Onitsha north LGA.
Ogidi and Obosi is not in Onitsha South or North, they are in idemili.

Onitsha metropolitan area is made up of Onitsha south and north, Obosi, Nkpor and some parts of Ogidi.

I know onitsha very well, it's small
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
plaindealer:

World Bank is not a Nigerian institution hence the word estimate at the bottom of the report, it's not factual, it's just an estimation.

Going by the same world Bank, Imo is not growing economically.

Everything we do in life and economically is all about growth, it's the reason why we get education, to work and get promotion, to make profit and prosper, but Imo is not growing economically.

Learn how to read and digest basic info.
So if I make one million this year and one million next year, while you make 50k this year and 100k next year then you are better than me? Learn how to interpret data. Meanwhile that's local data from incompetent quota system products. The world Bank is more reliable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

Now that is where your ignorance is coming from. Those places are part of Onitsha metro
I know your map, I know Anambra state very well. Trust me, you can't fool me
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:
See a new corridor is forming in the eastern delta flank, Delta -Anambra- Imo . I am hoping Abia and Edo will somehow join this new economic corridor.

Truth is that there seems to a continuous flow of services , money , transactions.

So even with the sit at home 2 eastern blocks met the first 10 states.

I doff my heart for igbos
That is 2021, it features different states every other year, nothing to brag about.
Here is a recap of the wealthiest Nigerian states and their respective GDPs in 2022.
Lagos: $33.68 Billion.
Rivers: $21.15 billion.
Delta: $16.75 billion.
Oyo: $16.12 billion.
Imo: $14.77 billion.
Kano: $12.39 billion.
Edo: $11.89 billion.
Akwa Ibom: $11.09 billion.

The pictograph Op showed was for 2021.

https://www.legit.ng/ask-legit/top/1094196-richest-states-nigeria-top-20/

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Ogun State. ...
Delta State. ...
Kaduna State. ...
Oyo State. ...
Edo State. ...
Kano State.

Stop spreading fake info
Revenue is not a measure of wealth

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

All Igbo states
This is 2022 figures, seems it's looking different now, nothing to brag about.
Here is a recap of the wealthiest Nigerian states and their respective GDPs in 2022.

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
see look the map.
From head bridge to Ogidi (this part of Ogidi is not even onitsha per se) is still a shorter than than osisioma to Asa umunka in Aba. That distance withing Aba is still twice from headbridge onitsha to Ogidi.

Onitsha is small. It cannot be the 2md most built up by number of houses.
What of the Oba, Ojoto, Nnewi, Orlu axis the you deliberately cut off from your map?

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

What of the Oba, Ojoto, Nnewi, Orlu axis the you deliberately cut off from your map?

That is 2021, it features different states every other year, nothing to brag about.

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
Ogidi and Obosi is not in Onitsha South or North, they are in idemili.

Onitsha metropolitan area is made up of Onitsha south and north, Obosi, Nkpor and some parts of Ogidi.

I know onitsha very well, it's small
The data is a well known data. Onitsha two LGA is 52 km square

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
basilo101:

Revenue is not a measure of wealth
You were showing 2021 GDP, this is 2022 GDP rating.

Revenue is sure a measure of wealth, revenue is inflows, capital, that is what is used to build wealth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Antisemitic Contents Will No Longer Be Tolerated On Nairaland / Exposed: Sharist Sanusi L. Sanusi's Bigot Views Of Yoruba & Igbo / Biggest Government Scandal In Nigeria: Lets See How They Would Survive This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.