Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity (401 Views)

Bukola Saraki Gives ₦140M To 100 Students Of Muhammed Kamaldeen University / Federal Lawmaker Sponsors More Than 100 Constituents On Fishery Training / Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by peekspot(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2023

An Ogun House of Assembly member, representing Abeokuta South Constituency II, Igbalaye Ayodele has announced sponsoring of no fewer than 100 students from his constituency on scholarship to a university in the Republic of Benin.

Ayodele said the scholarship for his constituents to study at ESTG University in the Republic of Benin was part of his efforts to further promote education among the youths in the state.

The Media Adviser to the lawmaker, Adeyemi Obadimu in a statement on Tuesday, said the beneficiaries of the scholarship were selected after passing the recent Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

The lawmaker noted that his vision and mission are to foster unity among communities and improve the quality of education by championing academic brilliance.

He added, “As we all know, no better gift could be given to our children than a quality education. Education is a powerful driver of development and one of the strongest instruments for reducing poverty, gender equality, peace, and stability.

“You will recall that the scholarship scheme started six years ago with 50 students, but increased to 100 students this year, selecting the beneficiaries from all the public secondary schools in Abeokuta South.

“Over 300 students have benefited from the scheme. This is even, as I intend to increase the number of beneficiaries in the coming years Especially among secondary school students who want to gain admission into the university.”

One of the students, Adeola Oguniyi, who spoke on behalf of other beneficiaries, prayed for more achievement and success for Ayodele.

https://punchng.com/ogun-lawmaker-sponsors-100-students-to-benin-republic-varsity/
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by LikeAking: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
It's highly unpatriotic..

What about Nigerian uni...

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Zupay: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
They would be schooling "abroad".😊😊

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by WorldRichest: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
LikeAking:
It's highly unpatriotic..

What about Nigerian uni...

No let me slap you oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by FreedomArmy: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sometimes I don't understand some of these move. Benin republic university on scholarship when we have better universities in Nigeria. Why can't people just make use of their brain for once. This was how they sent some to south Sudan and they started disturbing us when casala burst

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Opanka44(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
While I commend the Hon for his generous gesture, I feel he shouldn't have sent them to Benin Republic for sch. Th university there cannot be compared with what we have here.
Secondly, how is he gonna fend for 100students in sch at same time? Or does he plan to abandon them? I don't trust Nigerian politicians o

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Absuchat(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yet they will be hyping university of Ibadan
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by helinues: 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
His first move.

Nice one, eyes still on him
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by helinues: 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Opanka44:
While I commend the Hon for his generous gesture, I feel he shouldn't have sent them to Benin Republic for sch. Th university there cannot be compared with what we have here.
Secondly, how is he gonna fend for 100students in sch at same time? Or does he plan to abandon them? I don't trust Nigerian politicians o

ESTG University is a private university, more over , opportunity for the selected students to study abroad. Yes Benin na Abroad too

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Opanka44(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
helinues:

ESTG University is a private university, more over , opportunity for the selected students to study abroad. Yes Benin na Abroad too

Ok Sir
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by inoki247: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lol a confused man...

Benin Republic schl fees wey go cost pass Nigeria school...
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Parachoco: 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
Is he the owner of the school?
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by LikeAking: 3:37am On Jul 07, 2023
helinues:

So because it's a private uni it becomes special over night?

Let me tell you something no serious minded or qualified lecturer will lecture full time in any private uni...

U get...

Don't judge by name.

P uni are the home of quack and fake lecture's..

Go and investigate...

Even qualified teachers avoid private schools like plauge .

Private schools are the home of quack and unqualified teacher's..

Out problem in Nigeria is lack of exposure.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by crossfm: 6:38am On Jul 07, 2023
He did well.

Even if it's North Korea,am happy it's all about education. He should make sure they graduate, that's all.

I will love to see more students go to technical school's abroad. That what we need now.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by Zupay: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2023
helinues:

The university is a glorified secondary school, Nigerian state universities are way better than the Uni.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Sponsors 100 Students To Benin Republic Varsity by AustineE1: 7:29am On Jul 07, 2023
I guess he may have interest in ESTG university Benin or in partnership with the University or even as a way of promoting the private University,which when you check very well could be own by Nigerians and other investors but either way,he has atleast done something for his constituency.

(1) (Reply)

Emefiele Case Will Test Tinubu’s Respect For Law – Lawyer / BREAKING: ATIKU Abubakar's Bid To Blackmail The Judiciary Will Fail - TINUBU / Negotiations Fail, Niger Recalls Ambassador From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.