Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin (1585 Views)

Anambra: Igbokwe Wails Over Apc’s Failure, Says Igbos Will Remain Onlookers / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by absoluteSuccess: 9:46am On Jul 07, 2023
Hmm,

There are reasons to be grateful to God for the continual existence of the Yoruba race. The kemet built the pyramids of Giza, and the Jews used to be a people, the Greeks of Athens were a great and formidable race.

The Aryans and the Romans were a power to behold and so was the Ottoman empire a terror of the west once upon a time. The Babylon was a great people, the Persians and Medes were unforgettable.

The Mongols and the Huns too. But where were they all, today? Although the Greeks were not able to conquer Sparta, but the Greek way did.

Yoruba is from the letter Y. The founders of Yoruba had worried if it will survive, and yes we did. So, the end will favor us till the end. Hence we have an anthem in tradition.

"Ewole Ayo, ewomo."

A kii b'ale Ayo laikun. A to Y, we're from the beginning and we made it to the end, though small and on the brinks, yet we shall reign and rock the world. What is the common denominator in the old and new names?

"Yo" is Yoruba for the glory of light, the Halo. And as children of irumole, we're habingers of light to every darkness that might cast upon the earth. Our fathers were Irumole, hence we're kindred of light.

By power shall no man prevail.
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by DevilsEqual(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2023
basilo101:

How does this relate to the topic?

My comment on the topic isnt gonna change what W.S already siad
Neither is he coming here to read my comments, its pointless commenting on the topic

Cursed be Achebe in his grave
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by basilo101: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
Hmm,

There are reasons to be grateful to God for the continual existence of the Yoruba race. The kemet built the pyramids of Giza, and the Jews used to be a people, the Greeks of Athens were a great and formidable race.

The Aryans and the Romans were a power to behold and so was the Ottoman empire a terror of the west once upon a time. The Babylon was a great people, the Persians and Medes were unforgettable.

The Mongols and the Huns too. But where were they all, today? Although the Greeks were not able to conquer Sparta, but the Greek way did.

Yoruba is from the letter Y. The founders of Yoruba had worried if it will survive, and yes we did. So, the end will favor us till the end. Hence we have an anthem in tradition.

"Ewole Ayo, ewomo."

A kii b'ale Ayo laikun. A to Y, we're from the beginning and we made it to the end, though small and on the brinks, yet we shall reign and rock the world. What is the common denominator in the old and new names?

"Yo" is Yoruba for the glory of light, the Halo. And as children of irumole, we're habingers of light to every darkness that might cast upon the earth. Our fathers were Irumole, hence we're kindred of light.

By power shall no man prevail.
You should have gone to Ilorin and practiced isese to prove your points not long epistle

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by absoluteSuccess: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2023
basilo101:

You should have gone to Ilorin and practiced isese to prove your points not long epistle

You should have gone to Ilorin to laugh at Isese people than quoting my long epistle not meant for you.
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2023
Religion can be practiced anywhere. The emir can mind his business
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by basilo101: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

You should have gone to Ilorin to laugh at Isese people than quoting my long epistle not meant for you.
Wetin concern me? The fulanis are there in Ilorin waiting to deal with anybody that tries nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by AfonjaEkiti: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2023
basilo101:

Wetin concern me? The fulanis are there in Ilorin waiting to deal with anybody that tries nonsense

Yoruba Mallam are fighting Thier Fulani Hosts
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by absoluteSuccess: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2023
basilo101:

So it's none of your business to have quoted me in the first instance. Let the Fulani deal with their deal.
Re: Soyinka Wails As Emir Bans Yoruba Culture In Ilorin by SenatePresdo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba land is an Islamic land.

Give us Sharia, not Paganism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happens If The Judiciary Decides To Keep Tinubu? / Nigeria: History Lessons and Current Issues / The Many Sins Of Fasola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.