Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% (10646 Views)

Five Days After Easing Lockdown, Nigeria’s Virus Cases Spike By 1,354 / It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says / Crisis Looms In Health Sector As NMA Moves To Stop FG/JOHESU Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Wizywiz(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2023
So sad.... VENTOLIN INHALER I use to get for #1900-2000. Months back ...for like 2-3months now it's being sold at 4500-5000....chai God no go allow us kpai

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by nedekid: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2023
Very true. Soon folks will not be able to buy medicine.
I bought augmentin few weeks ago for ₦12,000.
But I hear if you show one party id card or you tell them you are an indigene of a part of the country, they sell it for 1k.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by skywalker240(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2023
Ebubu6:
grin this statement is soo foolish and annoying
But it will still Favour me and my Family 🀣🀣 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Short of words, ma niggah?

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2023
Even the cost of air we breathe will soon spike.
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by TemplarLandry: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Short of words yea.
Buddha3:

Short of words, ma niggah?
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by ukaface(f): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Wahala
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by PlayMaker14: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2023
ukaface:
Wahala
Nurse, how much is Paracetamol abeg? Cos as I dey defend Tinubu so, I dey get headache grin

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Short of words yea.

How is it possible to be short of words on jagaban? He is doing a spectacular job now dont you agree?

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Short of words yea.

Lol.

I'm very not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2023
wallrichy:
Subsidy must quickly be granted by FGN or else, this could lead to large importation of fake and dangerous drugs into the country. It's should be treated as an Emergency Infact...Nigerian are really suffering for a better tomorrow presently....

I'm not an enthusiast of Tinubu or his government, but SUBSIDY is gone and it's staying that way!

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by TemplarLandry: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2023
Jagaban is doing well. Yea.
Rayban25:

How is it possible to be short of words on jagaban? He is doing a spectacular job now dont you agree?
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Jagaban is doing well. Yea.

Very good...una Ronu miscreants don finally humble. Noisemakers on top rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Ebubu6: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2023
skywalker240:

But it will still Favour me and my Family 🀣🀣 grin grin grin
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Hassanmaye(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2023
dre11:
β€’ Essential medicine scarce, out of stock

β€’ Hospitals, practitioners apprehensive

https://guardian.ng/features/trouble-in-health-sector-as-drugs-cost-of-care-spike-by-150/
God have mercy upon us
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by PlayMaker14: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

God have mercy upon us
Leave God out of this....

Na we dey do ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

God have mercy upon us

He won't! God doesn't have your time!

He gave you all a democracy by removing Sani Abacha... But, what did you people do with it??!!

You keep electing and supporting useless leaders out of ethnicity and religion!

God and every sensible person have washed their hands off this nation!

Na siddon look we dey like dis! Na to dey observe una!
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Exceed15: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2023
May APC supporters suffer more. Una never see anything.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Hassanmaye(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

He won't! God doesn't have your time!

He gave you all a democracy by removing Sani Abacha... But, what did you people do with it??!!

You keep electing and supporting useless leaders out of ethnicity and religion!

God and every sensible person have washed their hands off this nation!

Na siddon look we dey like dis! Na to dey observe una!
Next time I will vote Peter Obi
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Next time I will vote Peter Obi

It doesn't matter anymore!

Honestly, it might already be too late!

Nigeria was barely redeemable under Buhari... After this tenure, it might have become irredeemable!

There is usually a point of no return for nations being badly led in corruption... Examples include:

Yemen
Venezuela
Lebanon
Libya
Etc...

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Traplord09: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2023
PlayMaker14:
See how the thread is empty, but if it is about Peter Obi, you'll see those good for nothing Agbado miscreants wailing everywhere.

I da tell u oooo.
Nairaland how far...

I no da too see ur people..,

Well at this point it we favour there family

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by todugo(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Redoil:
the current prices of drugs will result in some patients experiencing treatment failures, heightened morbidity and mortality

basic human needs are becoming expensive and are going beyond the reach of the middle class talk less of the poor yet N Nigerians are yet to understand and feel any positive impact from Tinubu or may be it is just me
But if you feel that it just me and the impact of emilokan is positive on your side click like if not click share
Thats exactly what the Government wants. Its depopulation agenda. They know that with high cost of living, poor health facilities, and poor Nutrition they can achieve that.

A government that hide parliative during covid is saying that removal of subsidies will benefit poor masses, it's only a naive person that will believe that.grin.
Counting Census is more important to them than tackling insecurity grin

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by compu(m): 11:37am On Jul 07, 2023
Okortor:
The hardship is really bitting hard. I have reduced my night life to once a week, reduced my side chics from 4 to just 1, reduced my driving from 7days a week to just twice a week (Monday's and sunday's only). Reduced my alcohol taking from Hennessy to Baron and from Heineken to trophy, reduced urgent 2k giving to min of 3persons per week, generator at night to Max of 3hrs compared to before I leave it overnight. The only things I still maintain are my kid's groceries and snacks as well as normal food time table which remains but subject to review if hardship persists. I will miss my ex side chics honestly but I have no choice!!!!!!!!

TGIF, 2bottles of trophy will do by evening.

I no fit laff again grin....Guy you suppose be comedian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by nedekid: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2023
wallrichy:
Subsidy must quickly be granted by FGN or else, this could lead to large importation of fake and dangerous drugs into the country. It's should be treated as an Emergency Infact...Nigerian are really suffering for a better tomorrow presently....
Is it today Nigerians started suffering for a "greater tomorrow" ?
Pardon my asking, how old are you? (no disrespect intended).
Why I ask, is that this same suffering today for good tomorrow has been said since the early 80s, from the time of Buhari, to ibbs SAP, to abachas time and till date. Nigerians have never gotten it better despite the sacrifices. The only people that have gained are government officials, amassing wealth and living large.
The person currently telling you to endure is still collecting pension from a state he governed for 8 years and grew rich from. Buying $11m mansion, flats of $2.5m for 21 year Olds. Allegedly proceeds from our common wealth, yet we should endure for a greater tomorrow.
All this is not new, read about ibbs SAP, incase you were not there then, that is exactly what is happening again. Devaluation of the naira based on recommendation of the imf, world bank etc. Removal of subsidy.
Nigerians are being impoverished daily. Soon you will price brand new corolla for 80m, tokumbo 2003 corolla for 20m.
Anyway, you and I, the righteous will survive.

5 Likes

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by egoldman(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2023
Reference:

You people joke too much. This is not the time and this is not the way to save this nation or move it forward.

You and I are the custodians of this country and owe it service either in government or in citizenship and if all we offer is propaganda how are we crafting the nation we live in.

Let us have a forum where citizens banter on ideologies, discuss and debate facts and offer qualitative ideas whether they are pro or against the interests of government.

The problem is that the government in power came through fraud, mandate was stolen and people are not happy, let justice be done first.

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by frog12: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2023
subsidy removal and NAIRA float is bad.
Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
My family and I are highly favored! That is why we are dancing!!!!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Trouble In Health Sector As Drugs, Cost Of Care Spike By 150% by bayelsaowei(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
May it favour me and my family.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Says 98,000 Persons Are Living With HIV/AIDS / How Can I Treat Staphlococus Infection / Osun Doctors Protest 3rd Time In 2 Months Over 22 Months Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.