Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam (16010 Views)

Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / How Being A Nigerian Cost Me A Foreign Job / Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Rahkman: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
No matter what no loose guard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
If no be illiteracy, how person go tell you "pay 1.8million naira and I'll get you a job that pays in dollars, plus free visa, accommodation, etc" and you believed him enough to sell your properties to that effect?

People many wey foolish for this life sha!

How much be visa alone? Then a job that will pay in dollars. As per how na? Is the employer related to Elon Musk to be that unreasonably generous? No matter how desperate you are, e get things wey if you hear, e no suppose be class room education before you get sense reason well.

Na wa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Bluntemperor: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
QNET, Kedi, and GNLD are all fraudulent.

These False Job Houses or Companies are many in Lagos - some are directly by Police Barracks,in Oju-Elegba and some by the Yaba- side and the Police can't claim they don't know them because,it's not until the populace brought them to your notice to know evil exists near you.
The first red-line you see is- when they demand - Money from the Applicants,who they want to Employ and who are gaulibles due to frustrations in the land!
Very Shameful indeed!
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by JaneYave(f): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
There is no peace for the wicked
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by 07kjb: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Naso one of my useless coursemate called me one day from Lagos that there is a foreign firm recruiting and that they pay in dollars,the idiot now ask me to send my details after sending my details the fool said I should get them #500k to facilitate my ID card and passport
Mehn I got mad had it been i was close to him I would have shot the bastard

The funny thing is when u go for the job they will kidnap you,

3 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by omoyeni37: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bluntemperor:

These False Job Houses or Companies are many in Lagos - some are directly by Police Barracks,in Oju-Elegba and some by the Yaba- side and the Police can't claim they don't know them because,it's not until the populace brought them to your notice to know evil exists near you.
The first red-line you see is- when they demand - Money from the Applicants,who they want to Employ and who are gaulibles due to frustrations in the land!
Very Shameful indeed!
Those ones in ojuelegba really do me shege that year

1 Like

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by iykepromotions: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Most Nigerian keep falling for this cheap scam. Had a friend who told me about this last year or so. He promoted it claiming of the several benefits. Later I calmly asked him what's name of the company? As a computer man, I need to be sure. He said qnet. OK. I Googled qnet/nairaland. Lol and behold it's not real.

Would have tried to tell him that it's a scam but my man have already paid before informing me. Lol. Moreover he didn't allow me to talk that day. I left him. Today the man is very broke and he never told me about the company again definitely because of shame. I don't have time to ask him too because he don't want to listen that day. Bring two people, two people to bring another two people are all scams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Angelfrost(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Interesting... Gullibility of this level in this day and age still shocks and irritates me! undecided
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Mummyfour(f): 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
They have a lot of Ghanias in their "employ".
One talked me into getting this mumu Qnet job. He tried to convince me to part with $1000 that I didn't have. He tried to be very persuasive with his funny Ghanian accent, but I smart pass am.
He then told me to tell him how much I could afford, so he would either convince his management to help me add it up, or he will help me add it up.
This funny guy would be posing with stacks of dollars and sending me the pictures on WhatsApp, telegram and Facebook.
One day I told him that since he loves me more than his family members to give this wonderful opportunity, he should pay up all the money,and that I will dash him all of my first salary as soon as I secure the job from him.
I finally blocked him.
He got 2 more sim cards to do follow up with me
I still blocked him.
I was just tired of talking to the mumu.
Please the authorities should beam their searchlight on gwagwalada Abuja. They have their office or boarding house there.
The recent one that tried to contact me, a ghanian too says he is in gwagwalada, just like the first one.
Imagine ghanians wanting to scam Nigerians on their own soil and some mumu Nigerians are falling for it

4 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by TinubuGoQuench(f): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Abraham Olaide

Na dem

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Goddey18(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mummyfour:
One talked me into getting this mumu Qnet job. He tried to convince me to part with $1000 that I didn't have. He tried to be very persuasive with his funny Ghanian accent, but I smart pass am.
He then told me to tell him how much I could afford, so he would either convince his management to help me add it up, or he will help me add it up.
This funny guy would be posing with stacks of dollars and sending me the pictures on WhatsApp, telegram and Facebook.
One day I told him that since he loves me more than his family members to give this wonderful opportunity, he should pay up all the money,and that I will dash him all of my first salary as soon as I secure the job from him.
I finally blocked him.
I still blocked him.
Please the authorities should beam their searchlight on gwagwalada Abuja. They have their office or boarding house there.
The recent one that tried to contact me, a ghanian too says he is in gwagwalada, just like the first one.
Imagine ghanians wanting to scam Nigerians on their own soil and some mumu Nigerians are falling for it

You are right, there have offices in Gwagwalada. I have about 3 relatives wasting their time with them since last year September. One was transferred to Kogi. They sold landed properties amounting to 1.8 million naira.
There tried everything possible to convince me to join them despite proofing to them that it's a scam.

1 Like

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by tutuonye: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
See what I have been arguing with one lady, Amara who is a member of the syndicate of QNET that this company is a scam and she kept saying they re legit. A thief will hardly accept he is evil untill caught on the act.
Govt should come hard on this QNET scam, they have killed and frustrated many gullible Nigerians with a bogus get rich quick empty promise.
India imprisoned all operators of QNET and shut down the scam. EFCC should wage in on the operators and collaborators immediately.
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Mummyfour(f): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
Goddey18:

You are right, there have offices in Gwagwalada. I have about 3 relatives wasting their time with them since last year September. One was transferred to Kogi. They sold landed properties amounting to 1.8 million naira.
There tried everything possible to convince me to join them despite proofing to them that it's a scam.
haaaa!! Can you imagine?.
Those guys are sweet talkers.
But I don't know why Nigerians can't read in between the lines.
The desperation is too much, but shouldn't people use their brains anymore?
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Bioxytoosure: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
signature2012:
To all job seekers;
May favour come your way and that dream job you are searching for come to reality.

🙏
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Ehifrank(m): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=stanleyravos post=124272061]The police should come to Choba, Aluu in Rivers state I know where they gather to do their meeting! Many northern youths are being deceived to come to PH, all in name of foreign Qnet work! I helped 2 to escape to nasarawa state last 2 months[/qu
ote]
Good. Contact the nearest police station close to you for further appropriate actions.
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by PlayMaker14: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mummyfour:
I finally blocked him.
I still blocked him.
Very smart of you my friend....

Those unserious dimwits are the upgraded version of GNLD

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by professore(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
QNET, Kedi, and GNLD are all fraudulent.
I thought Kedi was a multinational Chinese firm?
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by spartachico(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
They should come to sangojimi street, off puposola road , abule egba ... there is another branch here operating in the same manners as well.
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by somehow: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
Same QNET that once sponsored various EPL clubs, the league and even the worldcup?

I was once into QNET business so this is news to me. (About 10yrs ago)

Maybe the criminals are just using the name because QNET doesn't offer job opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by INCREDIBLE007(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
We shall not be victims of circumstances in Jesus name Amen

Check my signature for play to Earn game
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by TOPMAN4LIFE: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
I was nearly duped by this qnet scam last year, and most of the people that introduce it to another are always very close to them.
This man was close to me and a member of a church noted for holiness in Nigeria,
I almost gave in until l browsed about it online and l saw bad experiences of some people with qnet shared.
He travelled to Lagos and paid his money which was 460k and started mounting pressure on me to come and pay my own when he knew that he will only be paid after he has convinced someone to pay
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Timoleon(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Please share your story
omoyeni37:

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Yamleg: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
omoyeni37:

Please share and kindly tag me

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Frontdude(m): 5:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
stano2:
Omo people still fall for this trash.
The worse part is that, it’s people you trust that they will use to get you.

When you reach there and realize no such job is available, you will be asked to pretend and get the next victim. From the victim’s money, u will be given your share.

Some people don run from their hometown due to this trash, they kept scamming their neighbors and brothers back home.
Exactly, a friend mine fell victim , he just came back home after a year looking like someone who just came out of prison after losing everything, now his marriage is in the state of jeopardy, all because of qnet.
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Tompson88: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Plz how can I report one of them,he messages me everyday,he even calls, he has my CV already, demands I pay 600k,I need to hand him over to the police.
Islie:
POLICE UNCOVER HOUSES IN EJIGBO WHERE HUNDREDS WERE HELD CAPTIVE OVER FOREIGN JOB SCAM BY QNET COMPANY SYNDICATE

SOURCE

2 Likes

Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by RealEzee(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
angry mtcheeew which one b syndicate ...na multilevel marketing dem dey do ja re just da most of dis peeps r not cleared or rather don't understand dat dey gas bring peeps to join d org as dey sell dia market .....dis peeps shaa r funny una won earn dollars without marketing d product to odas grin
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by RealEzee(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
somehow:
Same QNET that once sponsored various EPL clubs, the league and even the worldcup?

I was once into QNET business so this is news to me. (About 10yrs ago)

Maybe the criminals are just using the name because QNET doesn't offer job opportunities.
yeah oo
Just da d so called uplines r not honest to dia pple dat dey av to market qnet merch
A bunch of them full ogun state ..lost souls angry
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Tompson88: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Thanks for that, initially I thought only legit businesses are registered by CAC
Kennedy3632:
Why should CAC register a company without a background check?
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by somehow: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
RealEzee:
yeah oo
Just da d so called uplines r not honest to dia pple dat dey av to market qnet merch
A bunch of them full ogun state ..lost souls angry

The business is not meant to make majority rich.

Only the first sets that gets in actually make it, the rest will make the money for these ones.
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by NOwazobia: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
I don't pity them.

I always tell people that greed is the only thing that will make you consciously become a victim of scam, if you are not kidnapped.

ntooor...
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by RealEzee(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
somehow:

The business is not meant to make majority rich.

Only the first sets that gets in actually make it, the rest will make the money for these ones.
exactly buddy
Re: QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam by Bukola94: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
professore:
I thought Kedi was a multinational Chinese firm?
like pharmaceutical firm,that deals in nature/herbal drugs/medicine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary And Allowance | See Naval Officers Ranks / In need of Industrial Training placement / Anybody With The Idea On How Much An Audit Trainee (entry Level) Receives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.