Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary (15593 Views)

Kola Abiola On The Candidates Presidential Town Hall Series (Live Video) / Oluremi Tinubu Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / Abiola On If He Would Take IMF Loan When He Becomes President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Omicronvaccine: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nigeria's president, Bola Tinubu has celebrated MKO Abiola on his 25th death anniversary today, IGBERETV reports.

Tinubu's post on Twitter read;

"Today, our nation honors the sacrifice and example of a true hero, Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale (MKO) Abiola, 25 years after his sad demise. A true champion of democracy, his courage and integrity, complete dedication to public service, exemplified the highest ideals of our great nation. His legacy endures and his message of hope echoes still. May Allah SWT grant him mercy and increase his rewards."

https://twitter.com/officialABAT/status/1677319315224182784?t=37RD42cjx8PxwOm8QuB2WQ&s=19

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by nairalanda1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
IBB should have just handed over...but the Northern guys were threatening fire and brimstone, and Nigeria was in a scary place that 1993.

But honestly, I do not understand why Northern governors in 1993 were threatening fire and brimstone if MKO took over. At best he had 4 years to do his thing, and if he messed up, he got thrown out. 8 years even. But fire and brimstone, and then we got a 'Interim government' and then Abacha came and swept away everything in Nov 1993. Four years later, Abacha was essentially running a personality cult. (It got so bad that people were wearing Abacha badges, buying Abacha televsion and cooking with Abacha stove. And you best not talk out too loud against the man).

We got 5 more years of army rule because some people could not wait 8 years for their turn, and could not accept defeat and were stoking the spirit of 1966-70.

That's when I understood that Nigerians are not interested in development, but only in their side winning.

(I didn't expect MKO to do great...I just wanted us to have civilian government like all our African neighbours. Benin, Ghana, etc were having presidental elections, presidents getting sworn in, and here we were in Nigeria...)

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by gazilion: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
It is the acceptance of the status quo that has kept Nigeria backwards. I have nothing against BAT at all but the world knows that the process that got him enthroned was ridden with stinking corruption and obnoxious display of the sharp practices by INEC. Can we try fight the corruption in the electoral process no matter who is at the helm of affairs and leave a legacy for our children. Even if Peter Obi is not the winner but let it be seen that the process is CLEAN!!

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by damilola4162(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Islam will never let you down – Filmmaker, Kazim Adeoti, tells wife Mercy Aigbe as they complete their 2023 hajj’ rites (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpSE2529EX0

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by teacherbim(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's already 25years, omo I don old oooo cheesy

MKO, A president that never rule .
May his soul continue to rest in peace

220 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by IVORY2009(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin
Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Bobotic(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bae calm down no mind them you hear? Why not celebrating the living ones or is this GARRI good for me and my bae? shocked

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by datola: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hope '93 now Renewed Hope

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Zadicuszuranda: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
of what value is this trash to me that it made it to FP

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by ramdris(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
RIP Bashorun..

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by jogsman01(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Old man ni mi sha

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by eazisky(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
And his killer is still walking freely on the streets of Nigeria, he would have been cooling his feet in the prison by now if it was in a sane country

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by FreeStuffsNG: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Chief MKO Abiola GCFR . Thank you for your sacrifice sir. One of your protege, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is now the President of Nigeria.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by 43Ronin: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
two thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Gangster1ms: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
He should return the stolen mandate if he truly means to celebrate MKO

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by olawonder(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
I wish that the biggest monument in honour of MKO be erected in Abuja someday… he was indeed the atoning lamb for the democracy we have today!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Toluwanise247(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
❤️ we still love you dearly… I feel emotional right now . Our nation we be great again. Some people pain the price with their blood but it unfortunate that some people play dirty politics today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
tinubu is paying tribute to what he cant emulate. MKO legitimately won that elcetion while he stole the peoples mandate. he should keep his fake sympathy to his drug infested self

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by accordadoga26(f): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nawa oo..

The fraudulent tribe never allowed this man achieve his ambition

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by liamjakes247: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
We want to celebrate you aswell, make things affordable for the common man.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Abiola and Tinubu, Nigeria's Great Democrats. Check it out:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by makeaway788: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
HBD

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by nairalanda1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
liamjakes247:
We want to celebrate you aswell, make things affordable for the common man.

You are selling bread you baked at N1500 a loaf. Would you sell that bread at N200 per loaf to help the common man?

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by juman(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
M K O Abiola.
Money Kudi Owo Abiola.
Very nice man.

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Toluwanise247(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gangster1ms:
He should return the stolen mandate if he truly means to celebrate MKO
Even if he stole it , they stole from us 30 year’s ago
The stole our mandate and still killed our hero.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by ol0d0od0: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Happy anniversary

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by Roger3D(m): 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
IBB should have just handed over...but the Northern guys were threatening fire and brimstone, and Nigeria was in a scary place that 1993.

But honestly, I do not understand why Northern governors in 1993 were threatening fire and brimstone if MKO took over. At best he had 4 years to do his thing, and if he messed up, he got thrown out. 8 years even. But fire and brimstone, and then we got a 'Interim government' and then Abacha came and swept away everything in Nov 1993. Four years later, Abacha was essentially running a personality cult. (It got so bad that people were wearing Abacha badges, buying Abacha televsion and cooking with Abacha stove. And you best not talk out too loud against the man).

We got 5 more years of army rule because some people could not wait 8 years for their turn, and could not accept defeat and were stoking the spirit of 1966-70.

That's when I understood that Nigerians are not interested in development, but only in their side winning.

(I didn't expect MKO to do great...I just wanted us to have civilian government like all our African neighbours. Benin, Ghana, etc were having presidental elections, presidents getting sworn in, and here we were in Nigeria...)
^It wasn't the northern governors who forced Babangida's hand but rather the small click of northern military officers who brought IBB to power. Actually IBB did MKO a favor by not handing over cos those guys swore to kill him which they eventually did anyway

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by jumper524(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Sorry Bro it was never a northern governors affairs, it was a group of politicians across all regions fighting for their personal interest that did that to mko.
Ibb himself was the Head of the movement, he never had the intention of handing over to democracy,
Kinigbe was never really loyal and served under Abacha, one of the masterminds of Abiola death.

Tony anenih an edo man was the happiest man then and was even mocking abiola.

Obj can't be left out.
Oladipo diya and many more played their role in ensuring mko doesn't win.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Celebrates MKO Abiola On His 25th Death Anniversary by fredylee: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nobody threatened anything. IBB annuled the election out of his selfish desire to perpetuate himself in power.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Tv Begins Broadcast On STRONG Decoders!- pics / Voters Casting Their Votes Into Sack Bags In Ulakwo Ward (Pics) / EFCC Sets Up Special Team To Grill Fayose Over Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.