Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? (603 Views)

Dry Ewedu Leaves, Hygenically Packed.. Distributors Wanted / Molokhia Soup: How Arabs Make Ewedu Soup (Pictures, Video) / Ẹgba Favourite Dishes: Amala Lafun And Ooyọ(ewedu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi, Fellow Foodies.. Could you please help me in deciding which of these types of Ewedu leaves is better.
I am led to believe that the two of these plants are different varieties of the Molokhia (Jute mallow), however i am wondering which of these do you guys prefer to use to make your soups and which one of these is more common in your area.

Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by illicit(m): 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Which one no dey draw among d two

1 Like

Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by Oloki: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
The first one is native and it draws more. The second one is agric. It is ok too but not as the first.

My opinion draw from observation.

1 Like

Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
illicit:
Which one no dey draw among d two

honestly haven't tried it.
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Oloki:
The first one is native and it draws more. The second one is agric. It is ok too but not as the first.

My opinion draw from observation.

I noticed that the Type 2 grows a lot quicker
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by illicit(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
martinkem:

honestly haven't tried it.

If it's called Ewedu, then it draws....
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
illicit:

If it's called Ewedu, then it draws....

which one is more common where you are?
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by illicit(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
martinkem:

which one is more common where you are?

When I was in Southwest, I saw and ate both

It's like one grows naturally

I am in Abuja now

I hardly see any
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
illicit:

When I was in Southwest, I saw and ate both

It's like one grows naturally

I am in Abuja now

I hardly see any

Thanks

1 Like

Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by shantti(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2023
Please u people should learn how to start cooking ewedu with ugu, red oil, okporoko and small ogbono to make it look like soup. That food no look like soup at all, the pure green color is a huge turn off. Also learn how to put the Amala in separate plate, and stop adding gbegiri and stew to it, kanyi Maru ebe ihe ne me anyi na dis country si. Thank you

1 Like

Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by Waffarianman(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
No2 is the real ewedu it draws wella. No2 grows like weed mostly in my farm land not soo sure of No1
Re: HELP: Which Of These Ewedu Leaves Is Better?? by martinkem(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Waffarianman:
No2 is the real ewedu it draws wella. No2 grows like weed mostly in my farm land not soo sure of No1

Thanks bro, someone told me Type 1 was the one that draws more.

(1) (Reply)

Authentic Akwaibom Recipe,how To Cook Ekpang Nkukwo detailed recipe+video / Chef Naira-victor Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon / Boost Fertility With Big Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.