Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? (122 Views)

Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. / Download Audio: Morning Devotion Worship Songs By Nathaniel Bassey And Sinach / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
‘Behold, in days to come, I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel’ (Jeremiah 31:31). This is not speaking off a new testament or law, but to a renewal of devotion to the teachings of the Torah. The prophet thus concludes in God’s name, ‘But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel….. I will place My Torah within them, and I will write it in their hearts’ (Jeremiah 31:33).
The founder of Christianity sought to abrogate such important commandments as the Sabbath, the dietary laws, and the laws of divorce, as well as to add numerous commandments to the Torah. It was for this primary reason that the Jewish people refused to accept him as a prophet or a man of God, despite his miracles. Regarding such teachings, it is written, ‘He will speak words against the Most High, and he will wear down the saints of the Most High, attempting to change the seasons and the Law’ (Daniel 7:25).

What other proof do christian need that their new testament has got nothing to do with the God of the Jews..
Re: New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? by vdestro: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
22jumpstreet1:
‘Behold, in days to come, I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel’ (Jeremiah 31:31). This is not speaking off a new testament or law, but to a renewal of devotion to the teachings of the Torah. The prophet thus concludes in God’s name, ‘But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel….. I will place My Torah within them, and I will write it in their hearts’ (Jeremiah 31:33).
The founder of Christianity sought to abrogate such important commandments as the Sabbath, the dietary laws, and the laws of divorce, as well as to add numerous commandments to the Torah. It was for this primary reason that the Jewish people refused to accept him as a prophet or a man of God, despite his miracles. Regarding such teachings, it is written, ‘He will speak words against the Most High, and he will wear down the saints of the Most High, attempting to change the seasons and the Law’ (Daniel 7:25).

What other proof do christian need that their new testament has got nothing to do with the God of the Jews..

You are talking nonsense. The jewish people never walked with God and immediately Moses died, they threw away God and His covenant and all and tried annoying Him so that He would let them break free from the covenant.

So, Jesus was God's last attempt which is why He Said "it is finished" and now there is no other Saviour. Only judgment.
Re: New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
vdestro:

You are talking nonsense. The jewish people never walked with God and immediately Moses died, they threw away God and His covenant and all and tried annoying Him so that He would let them break free from the covenant.

So, Jesus was God's last attempt which is why He Said "it is finished" and now there is no other Saviour. Only judgment.

Which jesus?
Which God?
Re: New Testament Or Renewal Of Devotion? by vdestro: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

Which jesus?
Which God?

Ah eleyi ko normal rara!

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Caught In These Traps Associated With Your Present States / From God / Wise Wednesday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.