Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official (12417 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / FRSC To Impound Motorcycles, Tricycles Without Number Plates From August / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Kingdemu: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2023
Who are the consultants?

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by fourboys: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2023
Which one be sharing formula again grin grin una go use lafta wound person for this forum
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by OmekaguGCFR1: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2023
Vulturegriller, leodefool,ihordspy sangooluwereyoba where are you people

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2023
Everyday they are sharing, why can't each state generate and keep what they generate

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by fsb(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2023
Issuing road worthiness for cars when the roads are not even worthy of being roads.

gbaskiboy:
If this is not rejected now on the long run it would be financial burden to us and government will cash out big time without using the money for anything. Charging 1k maybe small but on the long run the amount would be increase. Road worthiness they charge N4,5 is now 15k, if money generated at the end would be utilized optimally none will complain but at the end it would be devoured without showing Mercy..

4 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by TheAlchemist: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2023
N1k will eventually reach N10k..
The government have taken the docile nature of Nigerians for granted.
We are truly missing Gani Fawehinmi.

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by BarrElChapo(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2023
This is absurd.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Samogloby: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2023
All i know is that, they keep on pushing the masses. When protest start in Nigeria, nobody should blame the poor masses

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by AmazingELixir: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2023
undecided

Why is this clarification coming from Lagos state official...is Lagos state now an extension of Abuja.

Revenue wolves under the guise of consultants in Lagos are now cooking up proposals and sending it to the centre...they now have unhindered channel..... we damn know who run that channel.. it is well with us.

4 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by owolabi5: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2023
CAR PAPERS
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ebuchi688(m): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2023
Na 1000 them take start but in the next 2years them go add 2 zeros making it 100,000 and beyond
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by tolexy007(m): 8:50am On Jul 08, 2023
Thank God Yoruba group are exempted from paying the ownership fee

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ebubu6: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2023
That means states in the south will be feeding states in the north cos south owns more cars than north
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Hoelujohn: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2023
Car ownership shouldn't be for everyone.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by DanielsParker(m): 8:58am On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Nigeria is a poor nation. The largest percentage of population is living in abject poverty. All these policies won't favour the majority. It will rather be impoverishing them the more. You don't wake up suddenly and reel our policies which are in force in the Western countries when we're not enjoying the same benefits as those living in those countries.

Can we boast of good roads in Nigeria where same vehicles drive on? Land use charge collection in alimosho received a boost after Ambode tarred almost all their roads. People are paying without being coerced. The records are there at alausa. When the government has good infrastructure in place, only a fool will not want to fulfil their obligations as a citizen. I can't wait to see the toll gate along lagos ibadan expressway as proposed. I'd gladly pay the toll and move on., just like every other reasonable Nigerian. Why is tinubu taxing those who have nothing to give? That's what is called, a gba lowo merii in yoruba ( you're collecting from who doesn't have anything to give).

Angola in its wisdom only reduced their subsidy instead of outright removal and before they did so, palliatives had already been put in place. Tinubu's proclamation is tantamount to putting a cart before a horse. Till date, no palliatives to alleviate the adverse effect of the subsidy that was removed People have turned beggers on the road, begging people to give them a lift to work. I pray kidnapping and ritual killings won't increase as commuters become more desperate on the course.

Tinubu knows what to do to end subsidy fraud but he won't go there so he doesn't offend his friends.

Honestly he put the cart before the horse . In an attempt to look smart , he is causing havoc yet some are applauding him.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Reference(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2023
Last regime was Contractor driven. They goaded on the Buhari regime to incessant borrowings for all manner of 'projects' that have not impacted on the economy whatsoever.

It appears this regime is that of 'The Consultant' and I bet my bottom dollar that they are the initiators of this latest tax regime of which they are going to gain a healthy percentage.

Once more everything will be shrouded in secrecy, the public at sea as to who are the promoters and why the simple task of paying what amounts to a road tax HAS TO BE HANDLED BY A CONSULTANT particularly when this country is groaning under the enormous weight of the cost of governance.

Every penny due to government should go to government and not return to a select few masquerading under the guise of Consultancy.
If government lacks capacity then capacity should be built before embarking on such ventures but in truth N1,000 a vehicle can hardly be said to be novel in an industry that collects several thousands every year per vehicle from citizens for all manner of operational and administrative dues.

The government of Consultant Taxmen has arrived. The Lagos bug has crept in. New, overnight billionaires to be made.

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2023
These levies are to be paid only by obidients and flatinoes, Tifnubu supporters will not pay, MC oluomo has upgraded owo mi da! grin grin
This is total scam!

Anyway, it will favour me and my families.

1 Like

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Juanmike(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2023
*Loot.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2023
My family and I are highly favored!
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Galaxyss(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2023
Hmmm... Hope the levies collected is use judiciously.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Nigeria is a poor nation. The largest percentage of population is living in abject poverty. All these policies won't favour the majority. It will rather be impoverishing them the more. You don't wake up suddenly and reel our policies which are in force in the Western countries when we're not enjoying the same benefits as those living in those countries.

Can we boast of good roads in Nigeria where same vehicles drive on? Land use charge collection in alimosho received a boost after Ambode tarred almost all their roads. People are paying without being coerced. The records are there at alausa. When the government has good infrastructure in place, only a fool will not want to fulfil their obligations as a citizen. I can't wait to see the toll gate along lagos ibadan expressway as proposed. I'd gladly pay the toll and move on., just like every other reasonable Nigerian. Why is tinubu taxing those who have nothing to give? That's what is called, a gba lowo merii in yoruba ( you're collecting from who doesn't have anything to give).

Angola in its wisdom only reduced their subsidy instead of outright removal and before they did so, palliatives had already been put in place. Tinubu's proclamation is tantamount to putting a cart before a horse. Till date, no palliatives to alleviate the adverse effect of the subsidy that was removed People have turned beggers on the road, begging people to give them a lift to work. I pray kidnapping and ritual killings won't increase as commuters become more desperate on the course.

Tinubu knows what to do to end subsidy fraud but he won't go there so he doesn't offend his friends.
These kinda policies are not in force anywhere in western countries. Is this not the same western country i was born and bred? Imagine me paying to proof that i own my vehicle that i bought on finance from a dealer grin grin if you don't believe it is mine go ask the dealer. This is a total scam! And nigerians are too dumb to see it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by stanluiz(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2023
Criminal Tinubu government!!

Government of Criminals, thugs and extortionist!
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2023
Naigerians are soo dumb, this policy is clearly illegal grin grin

Imagine, me paying a levy to proof that my car is mine. grin grin car i bought on finance from a vehicle finance company, if you don't believe it is my car go talk to the finance company.

Maybe, because most naigerians drives around in stolen vehicles. grin they must proof the ownership.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Xvva6h7: 9:11am On Jul 08, 2023
Earn $60 to $100 daily as a newbie using Instagram and your phone.

$60 × #700 = 42,000..💰

Proofs are available and it's left for you Learn and earn.....

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by ceejay80s(m): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2023
Revolution must come one day, endsars go be child's play, dem go shoot dem go tire
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Reference(m): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2023
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Why is this clarification coming from Lagos state official...is Lagos state now an extension of Abuja.

Revenue wolves under the guise of consultants in Lagos are now cooking up proposals and sending it to the centre...they now have unhindered channel..... we damn know who run that channel.. it is well with us.

What do you think. It was expected and everything will be shrouded in the same secrecy until they start fighting amongst one another.
Anyway just as in Lagos, the average citizen is not interested. He only excels in ethno-religious affairs.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Babinski: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't agree with this fee

I thought the NBA wants to challenge it in Court

These are the times we miss the great Gani Fawehimi. The NBA should do well and challenge it.

There is no basis for annual proof of ownership. As long as I have my car with me and I have not sold it and I have a proof of ownership at purchase of the car, there is no reason to be charged for the same thing annually. This is just rent-seeking that does not care about making life difficult for the people. What is the benefit to the people?

2 Likes

Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Ahmeduana(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:

What you don't know is that 800 million dollars provision has been made by the past administration with the collaboration of world 🌍🌎 bank 🏦, but TINUBU only wants to collect the money 💰 without meeting the terms and conditions....
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by Eriokanmi: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
These kinda policies are not in force anywhere in western countries. Is this not the same western country i was born and bred? Imagine me paying to proof that i own my vehicle that i bought on finance from a dealer grin grin if you don't believe it is mine go ask the dealer. This is a total scam! And nigerians are too dumb to see it.
They may not call it a proof of ownership tax but the truth is, they pay such taxes. In some countries, its called car sales tax. In NY where i once lived and schooled, its called a DMV Tax and this varies from state to state. All these are different from car registration and licence fees. There's nothing bad when you levy a tax as a government. It only becomes inhuman when you levy such taxes and the infrastructure isn't already in place as we have bad roads all over Nigeria. Its a pure scam as you have put it.
Re: States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official by seunayantokun(m): 9:29am On Jul 08, 2023
The way they reason is just too criminal. You have to prove ownership of your car every year? Even when nothing has changed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999 / BMW Recalls 7-series Cars Because Doors Can Fly Open / 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.