Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On (1029 Views)

We’ve Moved On From Supreme Court Judgment – LP / Atiku Had Not Moved On Yet - By Charles Awuzie / Only Africa Traditional Family Values Can Solve Our Moral Decadence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2023
Evolution has nothing to do with atheism. I'm agnostic, I already accepted evolution as fact when I was a Christian.

Religious people in Europe, Australia, Asia and majority in the Americas already moved on on this topic. Only minority biblical literalists in America and majority of religious people in Africa have problems reconciling this concept with their faiths. The reason for the majority in Africa is the result of deplorable educational system that lacks quality science development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by dihnawris: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2023
Okay oo
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2023
titilo:
Sooo ur descendant were monkeys
read the English you posted again, You will understand why I said the educational system in this country is a sorry state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by helinues: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2023
Abi how can some people be locking themselves up every Monday just because one Albino hunchback is being incarcerated

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by booblacain(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2023
How can you accept and move on with something that is still only a theory and has not been proven?

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2023
booblacain:
How can you accept and move on with something that is still only a theory and has not been proven?
Did you read the part where I said that education in Africa is dead?
You are proven that with your inability to understand what a theory is. Before you argue, kindly search in Google to get the meaning of a "scientific theory".
Who did this to Africans? 😭

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by booblacain(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
You are proven that with your inability to understand what a theory is. Before you argue, kindly search in Google to get the meaning of a "scientific theory".

Oh! Sorry. I thought you opened this thread to have a civilized discussion on the topic, did not know it was for the purpose of insults. I guess my mistake was not checking the section the thread was posted to know the kind of persons I will be replying.

Bye and good luck to you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2023
booblacain:

Oh! Sorry. I thought you opened this thread to have a civilized discussion on the topic, did not know it was for the purpose of insults. I guess my mistake was not checking the section the thread was posted to know the kind of persons I will be replying.

Bye and good luck to you
this is civilized, I'm asking you to check what scientific theory means.

If you had proper education, you would have known that a scientific theory is not just a theory. I bet you didn't even bother to check
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by booblacain(m): 9:56am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
this is civilized, I'm asking you to check what scientific theory means.

If you had proper education, you would have known that a scientific theory is not just a theory. I bet you didn't even bother to check

Ok, mr properly educated.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2023
booblacain:

Ok, mr properly educated.
Pardon my manners, so how come you still think that a scientific theory is a layman's definition of a theory?

It's understandable if you didn’t get educated in a science-inclined field, however there's a reason our education requires everyone to take biology. The reason is to avoid things like this
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by BloomingDale(f): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2023
Leave Nigerian Christians and Muslims alone with their imported Arab gods. They will soon perish with their Baal gods that neither hears, sees or speaks, while the rest of us move on.

2 Likes

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

You didn't include critical thinking in your own education? Evolution as is currently presented remains a theory, it can't be proven as a fact! A scientific theory is only a model for explaining "facts", it has linitations and can be invalidated by new evidence. If you are familiar with the philosophy of science, you must know that many scientific theories have been binned over the years.

I had my education right here in Nigeria, and I do appear to know much more about the history of science than your arrogant "foreign-tutored" evolutionist.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

You didn't include critical thinking in your own education? Evolution as is currently presented remains a theory, it can't be proven as a fact! A scientific theory is only a model for explaining "facts", it has linitations and can be invalidated by new evidence. If you are familiar with the philosophy of science, you must know that many scientific theories have been binned over the years.

I had my education right here in Nigeria, and I do appear to know much more about the history of science than your arrogant "foreign-tutored" evolutionist.

This simple illustration will demonstrate how unable it is for you to understand the definition of a scientific theory.

Theory of evolution explains a fact called evolution.
Atomic Theory explains a fact called Atoms.
Cell theory explains a fact called cell.
Dual inheritance theory explains a fact call inheritance.

You got the definition form Google but you are not educated a enough to understand it.
A theory in science explain natural facts, Evolution is a fact, the theory of evolution is the bes explanation we have for it.

Atom is a fact, the current Atomic theory is the best explanation we have.
Cells are facts, cellular theory is the best explanation for it.

Theories can change, the facts don't change. We can edit our explanation for evolution through theories, it doesn't mean that evolution just like cells will stop being a fact.

I thought comprehension was core part of English language in schools? How come that simple definition of scientific theory was so difficult for you to grasp if you didn't pass English language via special centre?

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by A001: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
Evolution has nothing to do with atheism. I'm agnostic, I already accepted evolution as fact when I was a Christian.

Religious people in Europe, Australia, Asia and majority in the Americas already moved on on this topic. Only minority biblical literalists in America and majority of religious people in Africa have problems reconciling this concept with their faiths. The reason for the majority in Africa is the result of deplorable educational system that lacks quality science development.
What did you expect from a continent with the largest concentration of stupid people in the world, a continent where highly intelligent people are the minority, and dumb people form the majority?

When I say an average black man in Africa is less intelligent than his/her counterparts in other races, people call it an insult. But it's a glaring fact backed with more than enough evidence.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by wegevv: 10:39am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
This simple illustration will demonstrate how unable you are to understand the definition of a scientific theory.

You got the definition form Google but you are not educated a enough to understand it.
A theory in science explain natural facts, Evolution is a fact, the theory of evolution is the bes explanation we have for it.

Theories can change, the facts don't change. We can edit our explanation for evolution through theories, it doesn't mean that evolution just like cells will stop being a fact.

I thought comprehension was core part of English language in schools? How come that simple definition of scientific theory was so difficult for you to grasp if you didn't pass English language via special centre?

Again I don’t like the phrase “Theory of evolution explains a fact called evolution.” It is misleading because it leads the reader to think that evolution as a whole is only a fact. Can you show me a scientist that uses this exact phrase you keep using?

What scientists do say is “evolution is a fact and a theory”. It’s a fact because we have observed organisms changed particularly on a micro level (viruses etc), among other things. If you explain it this way then I don’t doubt even the person you’re replying to, accepts that evolution as a fact because we can still observe those things today.

But evolution is also a theory because that tries to explain how humans, mammals and other creatures we see today came to be. That theory is not a fact even though it tries to explain facts. Scientists have extremely strong reasons for the theory of evolution, and even I accept it (it easily aligns to faith in my opinion but that’s conversation for another day). But do you know there are fringe scientists that reject the theory (less than 3%) and they aren’t all religious.

You clearly have a boner for arguing against Christians and trying to make them look stupid but choosing to explain science with phrases intentionally designed to confuse doesn’t really help your cause lol
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2023
wegevv:

Again I don’t like the phrase “Theory of evolution explains a fact called evolution.” It is misleading because it leads the reader to think that evolution as a whole is only a fact. Can you show me a scientist that uses this exact phrase you keep using?

What scientists do say is “evolution is a fact and a theory”. It’s a fact because we have observed organisms changed particularly on a micro level (viruses etc), among other things. If you explain it this way then I don’t doubt even the person you’re replying to, accepts that evolution as a fact because we can still observe those things today.

But evolution is also a theory because that tries to explain how humans, mammals and other creatures we see today came to be. That theory is not a fact even though it tries to explain facts. Scientists have extremely strong reasons for the theory of evolution, and even I accept it (it easily aligns to faith in my opinion but that’s conversation for another day). But do you know there are fringe scientists that reject the theory (less than 3%) and they aren’t all religious.

You clearly have a boner for arguing against Christians and trying to make them look stupid but choosing to explain science with phrases intentionally designed to confuse doesn’t really help you cause lol
Dude, I have a degree in biology and I know what I am saying.
Stop repeating this, repeating it over again does not make it real.

Theory of evolution explains how evolution works

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by clearcrystal: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

Can you briefly educate me on the theory of Evolution and let's see how best you can explain it maybe I will be convinced.
Don't ask me to do a Google search on the topic okay, I just want to read your own interpretation and let's see if it makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by clearcrystal: 11:00am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

Stop bragging about your degree in Biology and stop making others feel just because you believe you are more educated than everybody here. Let your argument and submission be based on convincing facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by A001: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2023
clearcrystal:

Stop bragging about your degree in Biology and stop making others feel just because you believe you are more educated than everybody here. Let your argument and submission be based on convincing facts.
He's very right. Evolution is a fact. It's a well-established natural phenomenon, not a mere theory. Besides, there are various theories of evolution.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by A001: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2023
The most successful theories in science are the Modern Synthetic Theory of Evolution and the Standard Model.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by wegevv: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

Then you should really know better than intentionally using misleading language, that no notable scientist would use, just to make a point lol

My replies are more for other readers than for you anyway so I’ll keep saying it for general clarity ❤️
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by wegevv: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2023
A001:

He's very right. Evolution is a fact. It's a well-established natural phenomenon, not a mere theory. Besides, there are various theories of evolution.

Misleading. Scientists say “Evolution is a fact and a theory”. See my explanation above ❤️
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by A001: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2023
wegevv:

Misleading. Scientists say “Evolution is a fact and a theory”. See my explanation above ❤️
Evolution, which means the process by which organisms undergo changes genetically over successive generations, is a fact. There are various theories explaining the mechanisms through which the natural phenomenon of evolution occurs.

Simple issue.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by wegevv: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2023
A001:

Evolution, which means the process by which organisms undergo changes genetically over successive generations, is a fact. There are various theories explaining the mechanisms through which the natural phenomenon of evolution occurs.

Simple issue.

Now this is clearer so thank you.

The way you said it previously leads the reader to believe that the “theory of evolution” is also a fact.

They are two different things which is why scientists say “evolution is a fact and a theory” ❤️
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by N3TRAL: 11:38am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

I'm agnostic too. As a Christian I believed in evolution.

It's not even complicated science. I'm a lawyer and it means that I had little exposure to STEM courses.

Even if one believes in creation, one cannot disregard the evidence of the "original" created living things changing their form over time because of a plethora of factors. Human beings are growing taller. Domestic animals are growing bigger. You do not see the changes in the evolution of bigger animals like Lion and Cattle in even 10,000 years. After million of years of mutation, you can look back and see how much they've evolved.

The big animals are made up of cells which are largely microscopic. These microscopic organisms mutate and evolve everyday. For instance, treating malaria in Nigeria is becoming difficult because malaria parasites are evolving to resist anti-malarial drugs. Using same antibiotics over time may prove ineffective because the bacteria they were designed to fight have evolved to resist the antibiotic.

There are environmental and biological changes that bigger animals fight everyday which means that we evolve everyday. If a specie isn't evolving at a faster pace to resist these changes, they risk the possibility of extinction. For bigger animals like us, the change becomes obvious after hundreds of thousands or millions of years.

5 Likes

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by NSNO(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
read the English you posted again, You will understand why I said the educational system in this country is a sorry state.
You finish am! grin
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
This simple illustration will demonstrate how unable it is for you to understand the definition of a scientific theory.

You are confused. The bolded got me laughing, which sums up your education. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are not even well grounded in your own topic!

Incredible, I didn't realize I was arguing with a windbag.

Adiós
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by hegelian: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
helinues:
Abi how can some people be locking themselves up every Monday just because one Albino hunchback is being incarcerated

abi ooo, how can some people be asslicking ass just because one cocaine sniffer want to rule....are you sure people like that get sense?? na question ooo

this is how u give it back to them.. use exactly their words back against them.. we all bleed as humans and thus feel pain...
Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by jmoore(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
Bla bla bla.
When will humans evolve and have wings?

You are just looking for arguement which most of you Nigerian atheists/agnostic love doing.

1 Like

Re: Only Africa Has Problems With Evolution, Other Parts Of The World Has Moved On by Workch: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Volksfuhrer:

You are confused. The bolded got me laughing, which sums up your education. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are not even well grounded in your own topic!

Incredible, I didn't realize I was arguing with a windbag.

Adiós
If I am less educated then How come the most educated places accept evolution and Africans don't. Can't be a coincidence

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things Will Never Get Better In Nigeria Until We Return To Regionalism / If You Hate Corruption, Answer THIS Question Let Me Check Something / PEPT Judgement Was An Eye Opener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.