Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

If The South East Becomes An Independent Country - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The South East Becomes An Independent Country (5476 Views)

What Will Nigeria Lose When Igbos Become Independent Country? / Imagine Arewa(northern Nigeria) Is An Independent Country / Is Lagos A State Or An Independent Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2023
GerogeI:

Your assumptions are far fetched. Death rate is less than birth rate in West Africa, so the dead on that list are irrelevant. There is no basis for you to assume 2 million people on the list live outside. Are you aware of the high rate of Igbo venture failure in places like Lagos, Abuja and Kano, especially with antagonistic State government as you have in Lagos. A good number if people relocate back home annually due to business failure, they well balance your number of people registered but living outside the east.
OK but can you tell me this. How come the eastern region census in 1953 which included South Cameroon was 7 million. Malaysia and Ghana with similar population and birth rate are now 30 million and 27 million respectively but 65% of eastern region's population has now grown suddenly to 40million?
The official Nigerian census of 2006 and projection of population growth says that south east population is 21.7 million which follows logically from the 1953 census...but you somehow know that we are 40 million instead. How did only you come to know this? Holy spirit?

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2023
AwkaFinest:

O, so you know and decided to lie.
I can see your intention to lie was deliberate.

In Africa, only Lesotho is inside just a single country.

I know it's a faceless forum, but make una dey reduce the lies.
the SE can make it the second country
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by haslaw(m): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2023
All of Nigeria problem can be traced to the dot in a circle.

2 Likes

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Rayzoom: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Funny. What concerns embittered Biaffrans with International ethics?? They will enslave South-south and discriminate against them. They even see their fellow Abakaliki people as inferior.
Shut up you bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Rayzoom: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
flokii:
South East can't be an independent country because Igbos are not the only ethnic group there.. Anambra is largely Igala with so many Igala people living there who speak Igala language like their kiths and kins in Kogi State. When you get to Abakaliki in Ebonyi, you'll see they have their own dialect different from Igbo language so how will the separate country work?.

The Igbos clamouring for separate country are still using Old Eastern region lens to look at the East today. Things have changed. You'll be having referendums and land tussles almost every day before anything can work.
Honestly I feel Oyo indigenous population is more than the Igbo population in Nigeria, not to talk of combined Yoruba population in Western Nigeria.
You're mad! Who told you the dialects of Ebonyi people are not Igbo? Do yourself a favor by curing yourself from this madness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by GerogeI(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Razgas:
OK but can you tell me this. How come the eastern region census in 1953 which included South Cameroon was 7 million. Malaysia and Ghana with similar population and birth rate are now 30 million and 27 million respectively but 65% of eastern region's population has now grown suddenly to 40million?,
The official Nigerian census of 2006 and projection of population growth says that south east population is 21.7 million which follows logically from the 1953 census...but you somehow know that we are 40 million instead. How did only you come to know this? Holy spirit?
M
Like you said 21.7M for Igbos in South East.
More than 50% of River State is Igbo, More than 25% of Delta State are Igbos, about 45% of Lagos are Igbos. Thats Roughly additional 8M people, almost 2 decades ago. Using a total of 21.7+8=>28M Igbos in 2006, the population growth rate average for Nigeria is 2.4% per annum.
Over 17 years thats 28M x 1.024^(17)= 41.9M
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
GerogeI:

M
Like you said 21.7M for Igbos in South East.
More than 50% of River State is Igbo, More than 25% of Delta State are Igbos, about 45% of Lagos are Igbos. Thats Roughly additional 8M people, almost 2 decades ago. Using a total of 21.7+8=>28M Igbos in 2006, the population growth rate average for Nigeria is 2.4% per annum.
Over 17 years thats 28M x 1.024^(17)= 41.9M
Stop pulling stats from your ass mister. The 21.7 million is a 2023 figure. The 2006 figure was 15.8 million from the census.
In 1953 when the census put the eastern region at 7.2 million, majority of people were living in their regions..lagos population was about 200k
If everybody living in the Eastern region in 1953 was igbo, following the trend of population for Malaysia and Ghana, we would still just be roughly 30 million today.
Surprisingly if you add the official 2023 population figures for the remaining 4 states that made up the eastern region with SE's 21.7 million, the figure is 39.8 million, which I believe is highly inflated for oil money sharing purposes.

Igbos living all over the world put together are not more than 30 million and that's me being super generous. More like 25 million.
Please stop replying me with your phantom figures that only exist in your head.
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by gidgiddy: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
plaindealer:
If you give them Biafra today, it won't survive beyond 24 hours because I see different terrorist factions dividing and controlling the whole of Igbo land with bloodshed and deadly sit at home every day.

This unity beggar loves to drink panadol over other people's headache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by cazchi: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
jackcanfield:
Zero Access to the Sea
Population is 35million
A country within a country no rhyme
Mode of Government likely dictatorship
See Niger, Taraba, Kaduna and Borno look how tiny they look combine compare to this state.
Regular infighting by War Lord's over control of resource very likely
Asset lost to moving $40 billion
100% dependent on food import because land conversion to home.

Verdict they are better off in Nigeria

Do you feel fulfilled? Attempting to decide for another, what's best for them. Get lost dude!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by cazchi: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

To have a fruitful interaction with you will be a herculean task.
You speak as though you are not conversant with the political developments in Nigeria's history. For the past fifty years, Igbos have shown and proven beyond every strain and tone of doubt their readiness and willingness to embrace Nigeria.
Igbos have shown their total willingness
to put the War behind them and forge ahead. They have however seen with utter dismay and disappointment how the upholders and patrons of the Nigerian State have remained deeply stuck in the moods and psychology of the war time era. It is today more than clear to us that it is the firm belief of the feudalist upholders of the false federation of Nigeria that Igbos are to be tolerated only! For this reason, they strongly believe without any qualms of conscience that Nigeria's presidency is a "no-go area" for the Igbos.

I do not want to believe you are naive.
It is well over fifty years since the end of the war. Isn't it odd that you are lecturing the Igbo on how to build bridges and make efforts in order to be elected into the office of Nigeria's presidency. Don't you see how dishonest it looks. Pray, tell what were we doing for the past fifty years that we supported all kinds of regimes both military and civilian? We were destroying bridges right? So sacrifices are always demanded from us. And by your own logic, we should never come to expect it from others for whom we have made pronounced concessions for well over fifty years. So, it is not Atiku who should step down for Obi, it is Obi who was expected in your own estimation to step down for Atiku. And I ask you now: Upon what grounds was Obi supposed to have stepped down for Atiku? Is it upon the ground that Atiku is more qualified for the job or that he has better ideas for governance and is more intelligent?
So, after supporting others for more than fifty years, you and your likes are not ashamed to see the oddity in expecting that we step down and keep stepping down every time until a time when the feudalist upholders of the false federation of Nigeria get to feel we have stepped down enough and decide to gratuitously allow us a beggarly shot at their presidency.

We are done and dusted already with being part of Nigeria. Nigeria's deceptions, and high-handed treatment of those seeking justice for Biafra has solidified our resolve to separate ourselves from the falsehood which the Nigerian State represents. We are going the whole hog to assert our own independence with every means at our disposal, and very firmly even.
You cannot be taller than us, and shorter than us at the same time. It is not possible. You will have to choose one.
And sincerely, things have gone past a point-of-no-return. Lives have been laid down. So much destruction and devastation has been brought upon our land because of our quest to seek out a new system for ourselves. We were never trying to take what isn't ours. We are only seeking to give ourselves a permanent guarantee of a secure and free society built upon the eternal principles of justice, truth and love.
I can beat my chest strongly and tell you that we are consumately determined and completely resolved to restore Biafra to permanent statehood and permanent existence by every means possible and impossible; no matter how long it is going to take us!

Nwannam, I've been following your posts here and I have to say, it gladdens me to know that you're with us. If you ever feel the need to connect outside of this, reach out! I'm a 25-29 Y/O brother who has lived in the West since my early teenage years. Biafra was not on my radar prior, and truth be told, I even Commissioned into the Military of a Western nation. Since 2019 however, I've been studying more into the History of Biafra and Nigeria and here I am, completely resolute in desire and pursuit for independence.

I do think we should form a little community and keep in touch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
cazchi:

Do you feel fulfilled? Attempting to decide for another, what's best for them. Get lost dude!
I am only share data with you, you don't need to be rude .
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Jacobx007: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Igboid:

What is SS?
Igboland extends much into a major part of what you call SS, those Igbo speaking groups in SS who accept their Igbo tag will Never be left behind by SE.
Infact we will go to war for their sake, like Russia is doing in Ukraine on behalf of ethnic Russians there.
These are the Igbo speaking parts of SS:

1.Delta:

Aniocha South and North
Oshimili North and South
Ika South East and North
Ukwuani Ndokwa East and West

Total of 9 LGAs

2.Rivers:

Ikwerre LGA
Emohua
PHLGA
Obio-Akpor
Etche
Omuma
ONELGA
Ahoada East
Half of Ahoada West
Opobo
Bonny

3.Cross River

Few Indigenous Igbo speaking communities in Abi and Obubra LGAs

4.Akwa-Ibom.

Ohaobu town in

5.Edo

Igbanke town

6. Bayelsa

Osekwenike
Abuetor

Then scattered Igbo speaking Indigenous towns in Kogi East and Benue .

Ndiigbo will insist on a referendum on those places to determine their stand.

Greed, pure unadulterated greed, thats the problem with Igbo people.
You want to leave Nigeria because of what you called forced contraption, now you want to create another forced contraption.

3 Likes

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by GerogeI(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Razgas:
Stop pulling stats from your ass mister. The 21.7 million is a 2023 figure. The 2006 figure was 15.8 million from the census.
In 1953 when the census put the eastern region at 7.2 million, majority of people were living in their regions..lagos population was about 200k
If everybody living in the Eastern region in 1953 was igbo, following the trend of population for Malaysia and Ghana, we would still just be roughly 30 million today.
Surprisingly if you add the official 2023 population figures for the remaining 4 states that made up the eastern region with SE's 21.7 million, the figure is 39.8 million, which I believe is highly inflated for oil money sharing purposes.

Igbos living all over the world put together are not more than 30 million and that's me being super generous. More like 25 million.
Please stop replying me with your phantom figures that only exist in your head.
You posted what you stated was 2006 figure. I used it you complain.
Oya lets go back to 2006

https://nigeria.opendataforafrica.org/ifpbxbd/state-population-2006

Imo 3.937M
Anambra 4.118M
Enugu 3.268M
Ebonyi 2.177
Abia 2.845

Total 16.345

Atleast 25% of Delta
0.25x4.122=1.028
At least 50% of Rivers
0.5x 5.199=2.559
45% of Lagos
0.45x 9.114=4.101
You will argue so here is a link https://www.nairaland.com/1379706/finally-finally-acn-lagos-confirms

There are small Igbo populations in Benue, Cross River and Akwa Ibom, Edo which i will round up to just 1M across-the-board.

Total as of 2006 = 25.033M
At 2.4% annual growth rate

Thats 1.024^17X 25.033= 37.46M
Considering all errors of census, we have not even accounted for Igbos in Dispora, plus our growth rate will be above Nigeria,s average as we live in rain forest with well documented high fertility rate. And the figure is shy of 40M by just 2.54M. I think my point is again well established.
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Ugwuoke347(m): 12:59am On Jul 10, 2023
GerogeI:

Nice write up. Surely you gave it serious thougth. However, Biafra was Choosen to include all the ethnic nationalities south of Igboland, especially the Efik and Ibibio. The day that reality is no longer tenable, there is no need to carry foward another colonial identity crisis in the guise of Biafra. It has no impact on the history or our ownership of the Biafra War, nor its study. Rather the evolution of the name highlights over 50 years of British propagander and attempt to Isolate Igbos into five states in Nigeria. And possibly changing the minds of Ibibios, Efiks and Ijaws.

Before Portuguese came to west Africa, we had a name. Every sub national had a unique identity and refered to others as Igbos as detailed by Oludah Equiano. We called ourselves Igbo, nobody named us. And our country is Alaigbo. We do not need to invent or adopt an identity when its us alone.

It has to be Biafra. The name now belongs to us. We should be broad-minded enough to accept this fact. Biafra speaks of not just territory but also a philosophy, a body of doctrines and principles which are to guide the national evolvement of the Igbo Nation to her higher state of being; into a state of self activation and self realization. Biafra stands for the grand archetype which depicts the higher aims and the golden ambitions of the Igbo Nation. That ambition is to become the model Black African State and the symbol of the Black Man's resurrection to merit and supremacy. The masterpiece of the Negro is to come in Biafra and with Biafra. She is to be the living demonstration of the Negro's ability to recreate himself in new systems founded upon a culture of boundless excellence and conscious pursuit of the higher elements of human character. Biafra is the Igbo Nation at her higher levels of self awareness. She is the Higher Self of the Igbo Nation. She is Ndigbo at their fierce and fiery levels of sociocultural and socioeconomic consciousness. There is a dimension to our Igboness which we have not attempted to harness. There is a depth to our reality of being Igbos that we have not found the will to tap into. Biafra brings the dynamo to force into being a great unfoldment of all the suppressed and hidden potentials of the Igbos which are bound to constitute a mighty force of inspiration for Black people all over the world. There is a phenomenal aspect of our being that is waiting to be awakened. Biafra is the key and the clarion to unseal and summon that genius in us. The word is magic unto itself. It is the mantra for the necessary initiation of Ndigbo into her higher levels of ideological contemplations. We are going to be possessed of our higher self at the mention of Biafra. It is like a life force unto us, impelling us to great and mighty deeds, and fueling our volition for noble achievements with an unquenchable fire of heroic courage and unbending determination. Biafra, therefore, is the Higher Version of the Igbo Nation. She evokes the grandest and the greatest ideal which is the collective golden destination of the Igbo Nation. We are to find in the word "Biafra" a joyful consecration to self reliance and self guidance. She represents the undying will of the Igbo man to continually seek advancement and ennoblement in every area of his striving as the best proof of his manliness and power. Biafra represents our greatest gradient of diligence and exertions for nation building and self actualization which become the ultimate proof of the validity and usefulness of our status as Black people. The word loads us with a unique sense of conviction, namely: that the Black Man is his own saviour because he has all it takes to save himself. For these reasons, Biafra is more than a word, it is a concept which transcends the notions of physical territories to capture the creeds and doctrines of the ideal Black African state. When you think of Ahiara Declaration then you will understand where I am coming from. Biafra names not just a territory but also a body of principles which dare to shine a guiding light for the Negro's ideological evolvement into a state of self power and self regeneration. When we reflect deeply on the Ahiara Declaration which espouses the principles of the Biafran Revolution then we cannot but proudly wear the Biafran identity as a sacred badge of honour and as the symbol of the Black Man's triumph against the forces of Western economic imperialism and all the forces of neocolonial subjugation. Ahiara Declaration is known as "The Principles of the Biafran Revolution." It addresses Biafra as the model specimen of the true Black African state. The Biafra of Ahiara Declaration is a way of life. It is a mind setting and attitudinal preoccupation which can give guidance and direction to peoples and places in Africa beyond the physical space known as Biafra. It is like the Negro's own Magna Carta.

So you can see that the word Biafra really went out of hand to ensoul something bigger than us; something lofty and exalted; something so sublime and suprasensible, so much so that we really cannot but proudly carry on with the name.

If you have not read the complete text of the Ahiara Declaration, look for it and read it. You will be definitely touched by it. It is a powerful document.
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 10, 2023
GerogeI:

You posted what you stated was 2006 figure. I used it you complain.
Oya lets go back to 2006

https://nigeria.opendataforafrica.org/ifpbxbd/state-population-2006

Imo 3.937M
Anambra 4.118M
Enugu 3.268M
Ebonyi 2.177
Abia 2.845

Total 16.345

Atleast 25% of Delta
0.25x4.122=1.028
At least 50% of Rivers
0.5x 5.199=2.559
45% of Lagos
0.45x 9.114=4.101
You will argue so here is a link https://www.nairaland.com/1379706/finally-finally-acn-lagos-confirms

There are small Igbo populations in Benue, Cross River and Akwa Ibom, Edo which i will round up to just 1M across-the-board.

Total as of 2006 = 25.033M
At 2.4% annual growth rate

Thats 1.024^17X 25.033= 37.46M
Considering all errors of census, we have not even accounted for Igbos in Dispora, plus our growth rate will be above Nigeria,s average as we live in rain forest with well documented high fertility rate. And the figure is shy of 40M by just 2.54M. I think my point is again well established.
your point is wrong and you are being persistent.
If only igbos make up 45% of lagos in your brain, that means yorubas must be 25% because I'm sure you know there are hausas and other Nigerians as well in Lagos.
This is the type of village reasoning that makes people insult us.
Igbos that marry in their 30s and are monogamous have the highest fertility rate in the world?
This is my last reply to you. You started reasonably but your train of thought have so derailed, I can't deal with it.
Bye

2 Likes

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by cazchi: 1:29am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
your point is stupid and you are wasting my time.
If only igbos make up 45% of lagos in your brain, that means yorubas must be 25% because I'm sure you know there are hausas and other Nigerians as well in Lagos.
This is the type of village reasoning that makes people insult us.
Igbos that marry in their 30s and are monogamous have the highest fertility rate in the world?
This is my last reply to you. You started reasonably but your train of thought have so derailed, I can't deal with it.
Bye

Ogini na fio bikonu umunnem?

Bottom line is that we do not have an accurate estimate/census of our people. We are aware of this issue and come what may, will address it at the appropriate time.
Even before Independence, if we want to get the number ourselves, we could. All we need is for Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo in Nigeria to take care of Nigeria and Nzuko Ndi Igbo, which is in pretty much every country, to take care of the diaspora. This will give us the Igbo numbers and that of all our cousins, including neighbours.

Biafra birikwe.
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 10, 2023
cazchi:

Ogini na fio bikonu umunnem?

Bottom line is that we do not have an accurate estimate/census of our people. We are aware of this issue and come what may, will address it at the appropriate time.
Even before Independence, if we wanted to get the number ourselves, we could. All we need is for Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo in Nigeria to take care of Nigeria and Nzuko Ndi Igbo, which is in pretty much every country, to take care of the diaspora. This will give us the Igbo numbers and that of all our cousins including neighbours.

Birikwe.
the guy was too persistent, pulling out unrealistic figures, I just got mentally exhausted.
Must countries in Africa and Asia have only been able to multiply their population 4 or 5 times from their 1950s figure. Our 1953 census figure put all igbos in the Eastern region (including ikwere) at 66% of 7.2 million which is 4.75 million.
If we are among the people with the highest growth rates in the world, we would have grown by 5 times. Thats 23.75 million in 2023 and that includes igbos now living outside SE. Official figures say we are 21.7 but this dude is persistently trying to give us a similar population with Kenya. What he is doing without realising it is creating a panic that the SE is too small to contain us which is a big falsehood. Also the lower the population, the wealthier the people. The richest countries are less than a 100k people. The largest countries are always poorer
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Ugwuoke347(m): 1:39am On Jul 10, 2023
cazchi:

Nwannam, I've been following your posts here and I have to say, it gladdens me to know that you're with us. If you ever feel the need to connect outside of this, reach out! I'm a 25-29 Y/O brother who has lived in the West since my early teenage years. Biafra was not on my radar prior, and truth be told, I even Commissioned into the Military of a Western nation. Since 2019 however, I've been studying more into the History of Biafra and Nigeria and here I am, completely resolute in desire and pursuit for independence.

I do think we should form a little community and keep in touch.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Thank you also for finding time to read through.
We are all together in this; to help one another find the right understanding.
May God Almighty grant us the help we seek.
God bless Biafra!
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Ugwuoke347(m): 2:05am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
we defer in the bolded bro.
I will accept a south east only Biafra. My reasoning are;
1. It is better than nothing.
2. At 29,525km² it comprises 72% of Igboland's approximately 41000km² which is good enough.
3. Apart from Port Harcourt (which is ikwereland) the other places left behind do not really offer us any strategic importance but demanding for them will slow us down.
4. An independent south east will have its own passport, its a blank canvas of goodwill. We can have more countries to visit visa-free than Nigeria if we utilise it properly.
5. An independent SE will have military and local laws to tackle Fulani menace without interference from Nigeria.
6. A seat at the UN means we can talk international politics and get aids directly
7. I will sacrifice Asaba if in exchange, we can get assurances and assistance from Nigeria to keep rivers flowing into Biafra free and navigable. And to not eject Igbos living in Nigeria forcefully.
8. It is better than nothing again..we can get those lost territories back over time like Cameroon got south Cameroon back.

That is a cowardly thing to do.
We are not begging them, and they are not begging us.
Nobody is begging anybody.
We are talking about the natural territories of the Igbos.
Nigeria cannot use her political coinage of South-South to annex our natural territories away from us. And we are not going to ever give them any false sense of victory by accepting to adopt another of their political creation: South-East as Republic of Biafra. That will be very immoral. We are not going to be accessory to our own dispossession. We will continue to push on until all our territories are made over to us in one contiguous unity of territories. We have a duty to remain unattracted to offers of half measures and shortcuts. We should have the discipline to keep the big picture in mind persistently. Accepting to take the South-East in lieu of the real Igbo State of Biafra amounts to giving the last laugh to the British. It was the British who wanted to humiliate the Igbos for resisting them strongly during the colonial times, especially during the struggle for Nigeria's independence. The Biafra War was a punitive war against the Igbos by the British. What followed afterwards was an extension of that self same punitive stance against the Igbos. So many communities in Igboland were slashed between the South-East State and the East Central State deliberately to create identity crisis where there should be none. Those communities became victims of Britain's malicious intents against the Igbo. Look at places like Izombe, Omuma and the likes with some parts lying in Imo State, while some parts are in Rivers State. Are you now saying that an Igbo Nation could be formed without those parts which Jack Gowon and his British puppeteers mischievously carved into Rivers State?

1 Like

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

That is a cowardly thing to do.
We are not begging them, and they are not begging us.
Nobody is begging anybody.
We are talking about the natural territories of the Igbos.
Nigeria cannot use her political coinage of South-South to annex our natural territories away from us. And we are not going to ever give them any false sense of victory by accepting to adopt another of their political creation: South-East as Republic of Biafra. That will be very immoral. We are not going to be accessory to our own dispossession. We will continue to push on until all our territories are made over to us in one contiguous unity of territories. We have a duty to remain unattracted to offers of half measures and shortcuts. We should have the discipline to keep the big picture in mind persistently. Accepting to take the South-East in lieu of the real Igbo State of Biafra amounts to giving the last laugh to the British. It was the British who wanted to humiliate the Igbos for resisting them strongly during the colonial times, especially during the struggle for Nigeria's independence. The Biafra War was a punitive war against the Igbos by the British. What followed afterwards was an extension of that self same punitive stance against the Igbos. So many communities in Igboland were slashed between the South-East State and the East Central State deliberately to create identity crisis where there should be none. Those communities became victims of Britain's malicious intents against the Igbo. Look at places like Izombe, Omuma and the likes with some parts lying in Imo State, while some parts are in Rivers State. Are you now saying that an Igbo Nation could be formed without those parts which Jack Gowon and his British puppeteers mischievously carved into Rivers State?
at the bolded. Yes that's exactly what I am saying.
The way I badly want to leave the entity called Nigeria is so much I will accept 72% of the land.
You talked about identity crisis. Yes there is identity crisis and that's even what makes me hardened in my purpose. I have met people from Agbor who took offence as being called igbos. Everyone knows of Ikwere own. People from Benin Republic of yoruba heritage proudly flaunt their yorubaness. Kwara and kogi yorubas see themselves as yoruba first. In Igboland however, our aggressors were successful in dividing us.
We are however not the only divided people in the world. The Germans are even more divided than us. They are in Austria and Switzerland. They took theirs and ran with it. Today Austria can't flex on Germany.
Let us take our L and run with it. If we succeed in Biafra, the Igboid left in Nigeria will be the ones agitating to join us and moving to our country away from Nigeria.
If we fail in Biafra, the igbos left in Nigeria will serve as a bridge so that our people can escape the suffering in our country and adopt a Nigerian identity back.
So leaving them behind can serve dual purpose and is strategic. Draging them to go with us now serves zero strategic interest, puts us up for ridicule and delays or even denies us Biafra.
In chess, sometimes you give up your queen to win. Anioma and Igbo Rivers are not even our Queen. Rook maybe. Unless you mean PH which is Ikwereland
Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by cazchi: 3:17am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
The way I badly want to leave the entity called Nigeria is so much I will accept 72% of the land.
You talked about identity crisis. Yes there is identity crisis and that's even what makes me hardened in my purpose. I have met people from Agbor who took offence as being called igbos. Everyone knows of Ikwere own. People from Benin Republic of yoruba heritage proudly flaunt their yorubaness. Kwara and kogi yorubas see themselves as yoruba first. In Igboland however, our aggressors were successful in dividing us.
We are however not the only divided people in the world. The Germans are even more divided than us. They are in Austria and Switzerland. They took theirs and ran with it. Today Austria can't flex on Germany.
Let us take our L and run with it. If we succeed in Biafra, the Igboid left in Nigeria will be the ones agitating to join us and moving to our country away from Nigeria.
If we fail in Biafra, the igbos left in Nigeria will serve as a bridge so that our people can escape the suffering in our country and adopt a Nigerian identity back.
So leaving them behind can serve dual purpose and is strategic. Draging them to go with us now serves zero strategic interest, puts us up for ridicule and delays or even denies us Biafra.

My advise is that we all stick to discussing just general items here. Chetakwa na ndi iro anyi no ebea. Ejina onu gi gwa ha ihea anyi choro I me!

Nwanne, biko wepu ihe Idere after the bolded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 10, 2023
cazchi:

My advise is that we all stick to discussing just general items here. Chetakwa na ndi iro anyi no ebea. Ejina onu gi gwa ha ihea anyi choro I me!

Nwanne, biko wepu ihe Idere after the bolded.
I need him to read that part. Also what we discuss here is not state secret as we are not a state yet.
State secrets are usually about weapons location and military operations and maybe patents. Just talking about Anioma and Ikwere in relation to Biafra is common knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Ugwuoke347(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
In chess, sometimes you give up your queen to win. Anioma and Igbo Rivers are not even our Queen. Rook maybe. Unless you mean PH which is Ikwereland

In the same Agbor you mentioned, there are tons and tons of people who strongly and resolutely identify as Igbos.
Do not be carried away by today's follies. All those areas will have no option than to fall in line when it becomes obvious that we are going home. They will definitely not accept to become a chronic minority in a post-partitioned Nigeria with those other people in the Niger Delta with whom they scarcely see eye to eye. And I imagine you know that while they foolishly suppress the fact of their being Igbos, those other peoples in the Niger Delta actually see them as Igbos and recognize them as such. I recall when Mr Asari Dokubo was shown on NTA in 2007 sharply opposing Mr Peter Odili's presidential ambition. According to him Mr Peter Odili could not be supported by the Ijaws in his presidential bid because he is Igbo and so does not represent the political interests of the Niger Delta. He said and I quote, "the Igbos cannot collect from South-East and also collect from the South-South."
Do not worry about all those confused people. Chibuike Amaechi and Peter Odili's people are only fooling themselves for now. They are only fooling around today because it is yet to become fixed that Biafra has got a UN mandate to define her territories through a referendum. There are tons and tons of reasonable people in Delta North who have always identified strongly with their Igbo identity. They are the Ralph Uwechues and Joe Achuzias of Delta North. Their Igbo solidarity far outweigh the follies of denials coming from those misguided brothers there.
We are on the move. We are going to make ourselves by ourselves. All those false narratives must be demolished completely. The right things must be done. We must be sober and completely desensitized to unprofitable emotions which may wish to have us leave the deserters behind. Intense efforts shall be made to engage them diplomatically and get them convinced to freely come on board. The Germany you made reference to was not always a country it was a collection of completely independent kingdoms and nation states with only language and the Germanic ethnicity as the prime mutual factor among them. Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Wittenberg and others were all on their own and even competing fiercely against one another until a man rose and became their moderator. Otto Eduard Von Bismarck unified all those warring brother Germanic kingdoms and welded them harmoniously into what we know today as Germany.
In our own case we are neither at loggerheads nor at daggers' drawn with our Igbo brothers in the Niger Delta. We will appeal strongly to their moral conscience and sense of purpose for their future descendants. They will be made to understand that it is a new society that we seek to build; a free and secure society that will guarantee a great future for them and those descending from their loins.

1 Like

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Bethel4Life(f): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

In the same Agbor you mentioned, there are tons and tons of people who strongly and resolutely identify as Igbos.
Do not be carried away by today's follies. All those areas will have no option than to fall in line when it becomes obvious that we are going home. They will definitely not accept to become a chronic minority in a post-partitioned Nigeria with those other people in the Niger Delta with whom they scarcely see eye to eye. And I imagine you know that while they foolishly suppress the fact of their being Igbos, those other peoples in the Niger Delta actually see them as Igbos and recognize them as such. I recall when Mr Asari Dokubo was shown on NTA in 2007 sharply opposing Mr Peter Odili's presidential ambition. According to him Mr Peter Odili could not be supported by the Ijaws in his presidential bid because he is Igbo and so does not represent the political interests of the Niger Delta. He said and I quote, "the Igbos cannot collect from South-East and also collect from the South-South."
Do not worry about all those confused people. Chibuike Amaechi and Peter Odili's people are only fooling themselves for now. They are only fooling around today because it is yet to become fixed that Biafra has got a UN mandate to define her territories through a referendum. There are tons and tons of reasonable people in Delta North who have always identified strongly with their Igbo identity. They are the Ralph Uwechues and Joe Achuzias of Delta North. Their Igbo solidarity far outweigh the follies of denials coming from those misguided brothers there.
We are on the move. We are going to make ourselves by ourselves. All those false narratives must be demolished completely. The right things must be done. We must be sober and completely desensitized to unprofitable emotions which may wish to have us leave the deserters behind. Intense efforts shall be made to engage them diplomatically and get them convinced to freely come on board. The Germany you made reference to was not always a country it was a collection of completely independent kingdoms and nation states with only language and the Germanic ethnicity as the prime mutual factor among them. Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Wittenberg and others were all on their own and even competing fiercely against one another until a man rose and became their moderator. Otto Eduard Von Bismarck unified all those warring brother Germanic kingdoms and welded them harmoniously into what we know today as Germany.
In our own case we are neither at loggerheads not at dagger's drawn with our Igbo brothers in the Niger Delta. We will appeal strongly to their moral conscience and sense of purpose for their future descendants. They will be made to understand that it is a new society that we seek to build; a free and secure society that will guarantee a great future for them and those descending from their loins.
am enjoying una discussions...

Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2023
Ugwuoke347:

In our own case we are neither at loggerheads not at dagger's drawn with our Igbo brothers in the Niger Delta. We will appeal strongly to their moral conscience and sense of purpose for their future descendants. They will be made to understand that it is a new society that we seek to build; a free and secure society that will guarantee a great future for them and those descending from their loins.
I agree with what you said here but you unfortunately did not listen to what I said.
The idiom 'choose the path of least resistance' means to choose the easiest way to do something instead of trying to choose the best way.
What is the best way for Igbos to leave Nigeria? Together with all Igbo people.

What is the easiest way for Igbos to leave Nigeria? As south east only.

Until we strategically realise this, come to terms and run with it, one Nigeria will continue far into the future I'm afraid.

1 Like

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Okwyjesus(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

Thats good enough for me

The most important thing is to exit this monumentally failed British colonial experiment known as Nigeria

Am sure BIAFRA won't do bad.
The lgbo nation is like a caged lion. We have so much bottled inside because of the cage called Nigeria.

The diasporal will contribute and our technology will soar higher.
We will do business overseas and bring remittance home. It's won't be bad at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Okwyjesus(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2023
mrvitalis:

If igbos leave, Niger Delta would become a republic almost instantly and Biafra would be first to recognize it instantly

Once lgbos leave every other person will be bold to leave.

Nigeria am seeing after this election with all the hate may not last for too long

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by izombie(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2023
The funniest part of this vs nigeria issue is that you all still think that there would be a Nigeria if igbos get biafra. The only thing still keeping nigeria together are the igbos. If igbos get biafra then automatically the yoruba would want their oduduwa, the middle best will never want to share a country with just them and hausa fulani. The SS would either join biafra or want their own country.
Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by JOemmy(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Funny.
They're being cunning, they will definitely conquer Rivers, Cross River and Delta when they get independence

Igbos don't have any history of conquering and subduing their neighbors like the fulanis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by JOemmy(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2023
Igwe9:

Don't be unfortunate, what happens tomorrow when another zones are created out of SS and SE and are called South central and East east ?
Biafran is different from south east. anyways, your act is the only source of joy to the losers in the society. Dead people have no country of identity, if you know, you know.

These are just ur own evil wishes on the igbo people it's not realistic in reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Lotanna2: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
there are at least 1 million people on that register who are dead. 1 million people who are not igbo, 2 million people who are registered to vote in the east but live outside the east.
But another way of knowing population is by comparing historic figures and looking at trends.
The entire eastern region was 6.5 million in 1953 when British did census. The figure was similar to Ghana and Malaysia's population at the time.
Malaysia is currently 30 million. Ghana is 27 million. But in your opinion, only 60% of the Eastern region is 40-50 million? Lol bruh 🤣

Guy,I love your objectivity

1 Like

Re: If The South East Becomes An Independent Country by Ugwuoke347(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Razgas:
I agree with what you said here but you unfortunately did not listen to what I said.
The idiom 'choose the path of least resistance' means to choose the easiest way to do something instead of trying to choose the best way.
What is the best way for Igbos to leave Nigeria? Together with all Igbo people.

What is the easiest way for Igbos to leave Nigeria? As south east only.

Until we strategically realise this, come to terms and run with it, one Nigeria will continue far into the future I'm afraid.

There is something to realize here, good brother. We have a duty to do the right things. Things that our descendants will be proud of in their own time. Biafra is to demonstrate that the Black Man is capable of defying and defeating the false narratives and all the wicked propaganda campaigns waged against him by the forces of Western economic imperialism; campaigns contrived against his peace and true evolution into a viable progressive testimonial Black African state.

I can see you are influenced by the false narratives. Look, it is a sign of moral weakness to accept a lie and live with it. Look, we have territories carved away from us; our own brothers deceived through all kinds of subterfuges including barefaced distortions of historical facts and ignominious denials of anthropological references into believing that they are no longer part of us. We are talking of our own people misled by the siren of mischievious indoctrinations and cleverly blended brainwash. We have a duty to defeat all of that with superior narratives. We will range superior positions and premises against all the lies and deceptions which have misled all those our misguided brothers into accepting in the first place to deny their Igbo identity. That is a task where we will have to prove that Biafra is capable of undoing the knots and obstacles thrust upon her way by people who do not mean well for her. It is a task that will put to test our capacity to smash all the odds, and firmly assert our resurrection to real power and real self recognition; the power to move mountains in order to remove deeply entrenched limitations for our own good.

Towing the line of least resistance as you put it is a clear way of putting ourselves in a weak and disadvantaged position. It is a clear way of telling your enemies that you can actually be boxed into a corner and intimidated into accepting to stay boxed right there in a corner of cowardly submission and cowardly surrender! If we run away now from correcting the wicked errors of yester year, then we will keep running and fleeing from confronting our knotty issues head-on. We will keep believing it is all right to trudge on the confines of minimal action in order not to be required by need and circumstance to exert our greatest amounts of effort and labour in resolving difficult issues for ourselves.

So you mean Fulani Herdsmen can come all the way from Chad and Niger Republic and overrun vast farmlands and settlements in different places in the South, and all they do is to rile and complain against them. And when it comes to you retaking your rightful possessions, you want to tow a line of least resistance because you do not want controversies. Don't you see how cowardly it looks.
Raise your vision higher and behold the bigger picture!

We are no lily-livered pushovers. We must put this point strongly in evidence once and for all so that our neighbours and traducers will recognize and respect the fact that our fortunes cannot be violated anymore. If you can let go of a quarter today, then you are creating the precedent upon which to let go of a mile in future if pressed harder. This is the logic that we must never allow to apply to us. We have a sacred duty to prove that we mean to take back everything taken away from us as a way of strongly warning and guarding against the possibility of future plans by our enemies to make attempts at dispossessing us of what belongs to us.

Look, if you accept to leave the deserters behind, then be ready to wake up one morning in Biafra to learn that a certain Biafran enclave has decided to pull out and strike out on their own because a certain Western nation has used her propaganda mill to make them believe they are second class Biafrans or something of that nature. You should know France and Britain are experts in orchestrating rebellions all over Africa. They are adept at raising and arming rebels to weaken and pull down any promising Black African nation which defies their meddlesome incursions.
Therefore, leaving the deserters behind is akin to patronizing Britain in her wicked game of tricks and stratagems. We are not supposed to ignore the fact that these our brothers were manipulated through deceptions and distortions into deserting the natural identity we share with them.

Biafrans have a duty to prove with a big bang that Biafra cannot be toyed with any more. And the first step to take in that regard is to insist and persist by every means possible and impossible in taking back everything taken away from us. Our success in doing that will mark a new definition for us in the eyes of the world, and draw a line of caution to the Imperialists to steer clear.

There is work to do. Hasty conclusions and impatience are not useful strategies. We have a great assignment to perform. And It has to be performed patiently, painstakingly and with loads of perseverance. So, you can see that winning all our misled brothers has a higher purpose to serve for us and for our own good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

African Petroleum Is Bankrupt Says Access Bank / Fg Wasted N675bn On Ajaokuta In 30 Years – Probe Panel / Grammar Is Dead: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Airs His Opinion On Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.