Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,007 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 (33924 Views)

Electricity: Discos Under Fire As Outages Worsen / Stop Calling Us NEPA, It Shows You Don’t Want Electricity - Discos Spokesperson / 5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by highoctane: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
CodeTemplar:
What's responsible for low value in the north?

The Northerns re to large extent placid and to large extent not desperate for mundane pleasures
Dstv this,.Gotv that Startimes up and down
Man u this, Arsenal league that and this, and things in that line of thought
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Kwara1stson: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Stop this nonsense, Lagos is not synonymous with SW!

Stop repeating such lies and hoping it will stick because no one is buying it!

Lagos is Nigeria's Commonwealth. All Nigerians are stakeholders there.
go and remove it from south west take it to south east.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by hansomb: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
No wonder light de always dey Jos
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by INDOMIE9090(f): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Trimjos:

How many land ur papa get for Lagos when he was alive?? Iyamili don buy all land for Lagos and other parts of SW including where ur father was buried

The shame is on you
stop listening to radio biafra

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Guererro01: 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
It seems the SE are the actual parasite.

—Kano + Kaduna Disco = NW (22.6bn)
—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)[/quote]
😂

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ogascomax: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

What’s the difference between Kano 3 states and Enugu 5 states?

Infact from the data up there, the NW generate more electricity revenue than the SE.

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)

This analysis na mumu analysis while more mumu then liked it. Make una think am again.
You are comparing two discos to one. Then you should have added Benin discos with Enugu then do your maths. Kano+Kaduna give you 7 states to 5 states. Where is now the sense.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Triangles1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Infact from the data up there, the NW generate more electricity revenue than the SE.

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)

Badt guy, you know maths.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by maasoap(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
Salewa97:
Below are the states each of the Disco serve.

SW states accounted for over 50% of Disco revenue.

Any investor trying to invest in state electricity should just bring it to the West. He can be sure that his company will make the profit easily.

Mumu, SW DISCOs are just wicked and merciless, riping us off. I'm getting 9units for N1000 now. Only God how many units it will be reduced to once they're cleared to increase tariff again
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
CodeTemplar:
What's responsible for low value in the north?
Their DISCOs are not interested in milking the residents to death. That's the reason
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Armaggedon: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Jogs1900:

You are still not talking sense..
Dont be senseless.

Were the consumers in other distribution companies not owing too before they gave them prepaid meters?
The report only shows other regions are more populated and more industrialised than your region .
dim-wis usually don't read between the lines before jumping to let off emotions. Let me break it down in a way that can be processed by juvenile brain in an adult body.
Everybody once thought prepaid meters would ease the plight of electricity consumers, hence it was 'rushed' by sundry when it was introduced.

It's distribution was slow EXPECIALLY in the southeast.

Southeasterners stopped complaining when it was discovered prepaid customers paid more.If rather you feel that those places you mentioned have more industries that the East, I can't help you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/01/16/eedc-decries-rising-spate-of-energy-theft-in-south-east/%3famp=1
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Philistine(m): 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I don't think so. Have you transversed the north before? The heavy consumers of electricity there are the igbos, followed by our people. They own hotels, factories, schools , shops,.just name it. Ibos hardly stay at home hence, the low consumption rate. Come to lagos and see for yourself . The north are the perpetual parasites
You are mentally slow. Have you been to the North before? Igbos own factories in the North ahead of the indigenes?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by maasoap(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
BloomingDale:
Kano almost last with all her population. We need to separate from the core North. They should go and join their kith and kin in Niger Republic.
Do you realise that those revenues go into the private pockets, not the govt accounts because it is now being run privately?
So, why do you think you should have problem with their DISCOs if they are not really interested in making life difficult for the residents? Come to SW and see what the discos staff are doing to their customers! N1000 now is getting me 9kwh

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by freemanq(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
So they are making this heavy revenue yet they want to increase their tariff. Greedy people
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by steeltrust: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)
since they are parasite
Let them have their Biafra na

You can’t beat child and not tell him/her to cry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by BossGerald: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Salewa97:

Any investor trying to invest in state electricity should just bring it to the West. He can be sure that his company will make the profit easily.

Southwest abi lagos? Dey deceive yourself
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by steeltrust: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
Salewa97:

Iyamili trying so hard to claim Lagos.

If I am you too I will claim Lagos. Imagine not being able to go home for fear of IPOB terrorists. Who wouldn’t want to claim SW?

oya go help Yoruba claim ILORI from Fulani caliphate

Keypad warrior
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by georgeakins: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Always trying hard to show loyalty to Arewa and sabotage Igbos.

Are you even aware that Aba zone with all its industries are not included in Enugu disco?

Add Aba zone (Geometric) to Enugu zone and see if SE with 5 states won't eclipse Kano/Kaduna with 7 states.

SMH.

Which industry dey Aba?
Ibos too dey lie.
Ibo land na barren land
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Guererro01: 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Where exactly in the west should the investors bring their investments to?

Where in the West is not viable enough for investments,?
Where,I ask again? Is it ibadan,is it akure,ikeja,ibara,Epe, Ado ,where,bro??
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by danietohbadt(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)

Nice, now compare their population and land mass
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by themanderon: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Raking in billions for supplying darkness. The beauty of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by berbs112(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Yes, you are very correct.

Agbara in Ogun state is covered by Eko disco. That place got massive industries.

Some part of Agbara though.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Bluntemperor: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
b3llo:
Abeg DISCO's should share prepaid meters

It's unfortunate that Nigerians are busy with discussion on the Money,or Revenue being generated or received by the Discos - their task-masters that is feeding fats and are not giving values in return in generating 24/7 Lights to the Masses but total darkness! In Ghan,the Villages are now 24/7 Lights!
It's the same mentality that gave both the DISCOS and GEMCO- the audacity to continue to see Lights as Cash-Cow in Nigeria- without making progress - either on the lights being generated or other Services like Provisions of Pre-paid Metres to the Masses! Corruption will not allowed us achieve the Lights target!
• While the Electricity Bill signed by President Tinubu is a welcome and a good beginning,it's not enough because - the Discos are holding Nigeria to Jugular, until you dismantled them!
Yet,we go to other Countries where we see lights ON- 365- Days e g. Las Vegas- City of Lights! (

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Bimpe29: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
You can say that again.
Salewa97:

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by MrSly(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)

Many of you here are unreasonable.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by lexy2014: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
Guererro01:

Where in the West is not viable enough for investments,?
Where,I ask again? Is it ibadan,is it akure,ikeja,ibara,Epe, Ado ,where,bro??

That's not what I asked.

Where exactly in the west should the investors bring their investments to?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Eriokanmi: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

So if Ibos are the own that consume electricity in the North, why do they not consume electricity in their SE zone?

So you mean all those rich and middle class Northerners with houses are using candle to light their home?

Know this fact...hausas don't pay electricity bills. Tell them to pay and you'd see crisis erupt everywhere. Before privatisation, they used to consume electricity like pure water. You'd see them stack fridges in their compoimd and leave it to run on electricity
forever. They're the reason the region is generating so low revenue as seen. Not many houses are metered. They tap current anyhow. You dare not enter their house if you love your life as a phcn official. If you see ba shiga( meaning no entry) , you dare not enter .

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by LotaTee: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Stop this nonsense, Lagos is not synonymous with SW!

Stop repeating such lies and hoping it will stick because no one is buying it!

Lagos is Nigeria's Commonwealth. All Nigerians are stakeholders there.
Lagos is a southwestern state. No amount of your tears can change that fact.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by haslaw(m): 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)

You are very correct. SE are basically practices in Nigeria yet make the loudest noise and claim victimisation at every single opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Rapuru14: 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
Salewa97:

So which region is Lagos located?

This is IPOB terrorists fault. After flogging you badly during sit at home, they’ve destroyed your brain.

Ooh is that your game?

Igbos will win all you guys. We pass you- ask your Papa
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by toloohthegreat: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
If it was election figures now, Kano and Kaduna go dey top the figures. North sef... *Spits*
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by stanluiz(m): 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
LegendHero:

I’ve been to the SE before. Passed through Anambra, Enugu, and then Ebonyi.

When I was in university, I did my Geology field trip in Nkalagu which is in Ebonyi. I think the area is between the border of Ebonyi and Enugu like they told us.

In that locality, I saw poverty and bad road. I can say till now, SE is the region where I saw bad road at its core. I won’t be able to survive 3 month living in that area.

This time was more than 10 years ago or so.
That locality must be a village in Ebonyi state.

As for bad roads. Ogun state has the worst road in Nigeria.

Every states has bad road but ogun state is the worst. It is so bad that a pregnant woman can have miscarriage in a car on ogun states road.

I have travel there so I know what am saying.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by stanluiz(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Guererro01:

—Enugu = All SE (18.9bn)
😂
You be Mumu.

Abia is not under Enugu EEdc.

Abia has own power plant called Geometric power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Umana Calls For Cancellation Of Election In Akwa Ibom / Buhari & Tyranny : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri! See Why / Okorocha Builds Duplexes For Mbakwe, Enwerem, Udenwa, Ohakim (Ex Imo Governors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.