Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,564 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 (34013 Views)

Electricity: Discos Under Fire As Outages Worsen / Stop Calling Us NEPA, It Shows You Donโ€™t Want Electricity - Discos Spokesperson / 5 States That Received The Highest Revenue Allocation In H1 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by FILEBE(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Stop this nonsense, Lagos is not synonymous with SW!

Stop repeating such lies and hoping it will stick because no one is buying it!

Lagos is Nigeria's Commonwealth. All Nigerians are stakeholders there.

I thought we are over this Lagos ownership thing ? Why this again? Just why? Lagos is a South western state of Nigeria. Period! I am sure You know this but you just want to be mischievous and create unnecessary arguement. All Nigerians are stake holders in Nigeria. Is it difficult to give what belongs to ceaser to Ceaser? Can you say the same for Abuja , Onitsha, Aba or Ogun state? East is east , west is west. North is north.

"Lagos is not synonymous with southwest" What does that even mean? I guess you are saying this because of its success .

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Jogs1900: 7:33am On Jul 09, 2023
Canvass:

Do not exclude Lagos from South West. If the Federal Government and the Aboriginal people of Lagos recognize Lagos as SW, why should you bend to the sentiments of a non-state actor? Akinnolu, the Oba of Lagos and Sanwoolu, the Governor of Lagos both answer Yoruba names. If they are looking for their commonwealth, they should look to Abuja which has appointed minister as the administrator and not Lagos which would always be governed by a Yoruba man.
You've said the fact.It's paining them that Lagos is not in their region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by bigiyaro(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2023
BloomingDale:
Kano almost last with all her population. We need to separate from the core North. They should go and join their kith and kin in Niger Republic.
northeran folks are more humane on thier people than the money mongering 'capitalists' of the south. In some lgs in kano, you can virtually use electricity for free if you have just one or two led bulbs in your mud house, unlike in the south where you pay for just having nepa wire, regardless of whether you have light or not.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Muyiwabiggy(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Stop this nonsense, Lagos is not synonymous with SW!

Stop repeating such lies and hoping it will stick because no one is buying it!

Lagos is Nigeria's Commonwealth. All Nigerians are stakeholders there.

This is just stupid coming from a dunce ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚. Imagine! See statement! ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ipodstinks: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2023
steeltrust:
oya go help Yoruba claim ILORI from Fulani caliphate

Keypad warrior
Ode, Ilorin is just one of kwara towns

ฤถwara is yorubaland. I dare you to go and claim Rivers state and part of SE.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by shedy03(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
What's responsible for low value in the north?
Probably Low economic activities=low power usage.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ipodstinks: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2023
post=124305570:

You hate to hear the truth
Lol, the truth, who's saying it? You ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by chizpim(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2023
igwebuike01:

Are you not shooting yourself on the foot? Ronu miscreant

Your talking trash, if you don't know anything about business management and strategy. Don't come to a public forum to disgrace yourself.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by yommen: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2023
LegendHero:
This is marginalization.

Only Enugu Disco service 5 states, the rest of the Discos have 4 states or less.

Iโ€™m only surprised with PortHacourt on the list, Iโ€™m thinking it should be in the top 5.

Chaiii.. you people must always cry. Why are you born to cry self? I understand the whole of SE is just about the size of Oyo State considering the land mass not to talk of the population.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Igboid: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2023
ezewealth:

Shut up, i stay in enugu, we dey get light 2 4 7. No body dey dey even put gen now

Which part?
My people in Enugu South.
In our street, they do load shedding.
Two days on , two days off.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by okeysoninv: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2023
Igboid:

Which part?
Is either your transformer is bad, Enugu, Anambra I'm very aware has constant light most times 20hrs. it seems ur not in South East. The real reason of low revenue is lack of industry. there is sparsely little or no industry in South East
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Hotice085: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2023
Salewa97:
Below are the states each of the Disco serve.

SW states accounted for over 50% of Disco revenue.

Any investor trying to invest in state electricity should just bring it to the West. He can be sure that his company will make the profit easily.

Ogbeni close ya nonsense Amala mouth, remove Lagos that has over 60% non Yoruba indigene SW is nonsense
Compare Ibadan, Benin and Port Harcourt and see how SW is a waste

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Hotice085: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2023
Jogs1900:

Why are you emotional now? Even from the report excluding Lagos, Ibadan electricity is above Enugu, Pharcourt, etc distribution companies.

It shows that the SW excluding Lagos is the most industrialized southern region.

Sharap Ibadan has how many states under it?
Compare the entire size of Ibadan coverage to that of Benin and Port Harcourt and tell us what is the difference

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by seguno2: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2023
igwebuike01:

So you don't even know that electricity is shared to DISCOs by quota using population?
Another example, you bought one bag of rice 40k after selling your made 35k. I bought half bag of rice 20k after selling I made 30k. Whose business is doing better? Profits is what matters not total amount made after sale because all Disco didn't buy equal amount and population is what determined what each Disco get, and financial capacity of the people to pay bill is what determine whether the Disco will make profits or not

Can you please provide the source for this information about population based electricity sharing. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ezewealth(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2023
Igboid:

Which part?
Enugu south, achara layout.
Make una go change transformer.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Rashman578(m): 10:38am On Jul 09, 2023
lexy2014:

That's not what I asked.

Where exactly in the west should the investors bring their investments to?
Bring your investment to Ilorin. There are no security concerns, Good roads, serene environment, uptimum weather conditions, good tax system and what's more, gateway to the west and north so easy access to the vast Nigerian population.

Believe me you won't regret this.
Incase you're Indian, this is the new hub for Indians moving to Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by Igboid: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2023
ezewealth:

Enugu south, achara layout.
Make una go change transformer.

We tried to.
Raised Money to lobby for a new one,but those in charge embezzled it.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ezewealth(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2023
Igboid:

We tried to.
Raised Money to lobby for a new one,but those in charge embezzled it.
That is the corruption we are talking about, most nigerian if not every, are fantastically corrupt
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by lexy2014: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2023
Rashman578:

Bring your investment to Ilorin. There are no security concerns, Good roads, serene environment, uptimum weather conditions, good tax system and what's more, gateway to the west and north so easy access to the vast Nigerian population.

Believe me you won't regret this.
Incase you're Indian, this is the new hub for Indians moving to Nigeria.

For electricity? My question is based on this comment.

Salewa97:

SW states accounted for over 50% of Disco revenue.

Any investor trying to invest in state electricity should just bring it to the West. He can be sure that his company will make the profit easily.

Will Ilorin guarantee "profit easily" for an electricty investor much more than any other part of Nigeria?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
FILEBE:

I thought we are over this Lagos ownership thing ? Why this again? Just why? Lagos is a South western state of Nigeria. Period! I am sure You know this but you just want to be mischievous and create unnecessary arguement. All Nigerians are stake holders in Nigeria. Is it difficult to give what belongs to ceaser to Ceaser? Can you say the same for Abuja , Onitsha, Aba or Ogun state? East is east , west is west. North is north.

"Lagos is not synonymous with southwest" What does that even mean? I guess you are saying this because of its success .

Lagos is not part of yorubaland. It's a federal territory just like Abuja. If you claim Lagos belongs to Yorubas, then which ethnicity does Abuja belong to?

You yorubas think you're wise. So, after the federal government and millions of Nigerians from the 36 states and FCT developes Lagos, you will now crawl out of your mud region to claim ownership?

Don't worry, at the right time, the real indigenes of Lagos will be empowered to chase the Invaders away.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
okeysoninv:
Is either your transformer is bad, Enugu, Anambra I'm very aware has constant light most times 20hrs. it seems ur not in South East. The real reason of low revenue is lack of industry. there is sparsely little or no industry in South East

There are more industries in Anambra than any other state in SW outside Lagos zone, fact!

Aba has more industries than any city or town in SW, fact!

Stop deceiving yourselves in your mud huts, there is nothing in SW outside Lagos zone.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by okeysoninv: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

There are more industries in Anambra than any other state in SW outside Lagos zone, fact!

Aba has more industries than any city or town in SW, fact!

Stop deceiving yourselves in your mud huts, there is nothing in SW outside Lagos zone.
dey lie Ogun has more industries than anywhere in South East. how many industrial gas pipeline pass through Anambra. I don't play stunt I'm full blood igbo

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
okeysoninv:
dey lie Ogun has more industries than anywhere in South East. how many industrial gas pipeline pass through Anambra. I don't play stunt I'm full blood igbo

I'm also a full blooded Ijebu man and I can assure you, you're ignorant. The industries in Ogun are at the border with Lagos. They're just Lagos satellite industrial estates. Be it Agbara, Sango Ota, Mowe etc.

Abeokuta is the biggest town in Ogun state, why are there no reasonable industries there?

You don't know anything!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by okeysoninv: 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

I'm also a full blooded Ijebu man and I can assure you, you're ignorant. The industries in Ogun are at the border with Lagos. They're just Lagos satellite industrial estates. Be it Agbara, Sango Ota, Mowe etc.

Abeokuta is the biggest town in Ogun state, why are there no reasonable industries there?

You don't know anything!
Ranting, did it erased it from being in ogun soil. thank God you even mentioned where they are even located. can you even mentioned one $1b industry in Anambra or Aba.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
okeysoninv:
Ranting, did it erased it from being in ogun soil. thank God you even mentioned where they are even located. can you even mentioned one $1b industry in Anambra or Aba.

Your entire SW is filled with slums. Lagos is the only area that is okay. Take a drone picture of your so-called cities such as Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ibadan ogbomosho etc and see how disgusting they all appear.

SE is not your mate, boy!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by okeysoninv: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Your entire SW is filled with slums. Lagos is the only area that is okay. Take a drone picture of your so-called cities such as Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ibadan ogbomosho etc and see how disgusting they all appear.

SE is not your mate, boy!
okpo, you have ran away from industries to slums. I'm here to sugar-coat my region but to always says the truth, our revenue is low because everything is concentrated at the city not the towns , lack of Industries and Government present.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by steeltrust: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
ipodstinks:
Ode, Ilorin is just one of kwara towns

ฤถwara is yorubaland. I dare you to go and claim Rivers state and part of SE.
ode it Yoruba land and Fulani are telling not host any nonsense Yoruba festival
Foolish fool

Live rivers state
When the time comes
They will decide
People are not forced like the way Yorubas de force and claim
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by FILEBE(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Lagos is not part of yorubaland. It's a federal territory just like Abuja. If you claim Lagos belongs to Yorubas, then which ethnicity does Abuja belong to?

You yorubas think you're wise. So, after the federal government and millions of Nigerians from the 36 states and FCT developes Lagos, you will now crawl out of your mud region to claim ownership?

Don't worry, at the right time, the real indigenes of Lagos will be empowered to chase the Invaders away.

I thought this has been clarified? Please don't let this your statement justify the tribal argument that happened some months ago. Abuja was inhabited by its indigines before and after it became a FCT, so was Lagos! If Aba become the powerhouse of the world, are we going to start arguing about its indigines and ownership?

Please leave what it is for people. Let's not be claiming what is not . Let's get development to all parts on Nigeria rather than fighting over ownership of states . The owners of the states know themselves. Lagos for example isn't own by igbos neither is it by hausas/ fulanis . That's why it is located in the southwest . Bordered by Ogun and other "yoruba states". Now, tell me, which tribe will then likely to own Lagos?

You are funny o. That you help developed a state doesn't make you owners of the state! The red Indians of Americans are still "owners" of some states even with foreign developments. Wait! Let's look at this analogy of immigrants in some countries who are doing well industrially and immensely developing the community. Does it make the immigrants own that community?

Sir. Just remove that idea . It is fueled by arronagnce, dishonesty and mischief. Let's what it is , be. Don't fuel unnecessary hatred amongst us. Overtaking is allowed. Let all states get to do better than Lagos. Not as if Lagos is doing that well than other state, we could help spread the development rather than claim what is not. I always take pride talking about ABA and what they can do.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by mumu9gerian: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Very poor performance. They can actually make more money without increasing tarrif
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Electricity Discos With The Highest Revenue In Q1 2023 by ipodstinks: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
steeltrust:
ode it Yoruba land and Fulani are telling not host any nonsense Yoruba festival
Foolish fool

Live rivers state
When the time comes
They will decide
People are not forced like the way Yorubas de force and claim
Mumu, know the difference between ilorin and kwara.

Ilorin is just a town and that is the only place they have mouth, they can't go to other places in kwara foolish mumu

Go and claim rivers if them born your papa well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce Reacts To Okon Lagos Commonsense IG Post / APC Lawmakers Want Decisive Action Against 37 APC Defectors / Norfin Offshore: Udom Emmanuel Commissions Indigenous Shipyard (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.