Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada (347 Views)

PLEASE HOW CAN I SECURE PR AFTER MY 8 MONTHS PROGRAM AT SENECA COLLEGE IN CANADA / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by kingsworldola: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Happy day Naira Landers,
I am a Medical Librarian, working with a well known state teaching hospital in the South West, Nigeria. But I really need to Japa as the country is becoming so unbearable. I own a masters degree in Library and Information Science already. Please I need guideline on how to secure a library jobs in the US, or any other good county.

Thank you
Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol remove the US from your eyes cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by ednut1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
kingsworldola:
Happy day Naira Landers,
I am a Medical Librarian, working with a well known state teaching hospital in the South West, Nigeria. But I really need to Japa as the country is becoming so unbearable. I own a masters degree in Library and Information Science already. Please I need guideline on how to secure a library jobs in the US, or any other good county.

Thank you
they are looking for core STEM people to hire not Liberians. You can look for a phd opportunity in the USA.
Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by Ajibade123(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
they are looking for core STEM people to hire not Liberians. You can look for a phd opportunity in the USA.
Core stem?
Like what course
And which industries are looking for them there?
Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by Richdee1(m): 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
This should blow up soon

1 Like

Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by ednut1(m): 2:08am On Jul 09, 2023
Ajibade123:

Core stem?
Like what course
And which industries are looking for them there?
nursing, doctors, auditors,project mgt ,tech people mostly. Its better you look for phd. You may get scholarship in the USA

1 Like

Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by Ajibade123(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
ednut1:
nursing, doctors, auditors,project mgt ,tech people mostly. Its better you look for phd. You may get scholarship in the USA
wow
thanks a lot
so for a course like Math, Statistics or computer science, it would be easy to get a PHD scholarship in USA or Canada?
and what of masters too?
Re: Please I Need To Know: Can I Secure A Librarian Job In The US Or Canada by JeffreyJunior: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ofcourse yes, you can and they are paid well too.

First, log on to World Education Services WES and get your degrees verified.

The major hurdle for you is how to legally relocate to the US and be eligible to work, getting a job as librarian should not be your worry for now.

There are many libraries to work in as a librarian, including government owned libraries.

(1) (Reply)

Are Guinness Sold In Europe Made In Nigeria? / Getting A NIN And A Passport While In Lagos / UK Diplomat Praises Nigeria And Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.