Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? (16710 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / I Just Don't Understand My Marriage Anymore... Please Help.. / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by ITbomb(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
The people who brought the western idea of sanctity of marriage have misaligned it, so what do you expect.

We have to go back to our own system of marriage, anyone with the resources to marry more than one should please go ahead.

There should be a law to guarantee education for your children at least up to School cert order else you are drafted into the military recruit with hard labor and government takes over the education of your children

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by PhoneSaviour(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
Do people still marry ?
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by magabounce(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's always been there!!!
Social media just made it more pronounced!!!
Travel down to Delta/PH/CRS and see what both married genders do!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by CartelKenneth: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Marry at your own peril

Mumu peoplešŸ˜¶

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
or maybe social media just exposed it.The word "influence" seems to take the responsibility off individuals. It's like saying "blame it on the alcohol".

madam omotara...however you want to twist it...social media can still influence some people into accepting foolish ideologies..and women are especially easily influenced by trending things.. e.g some girls who never fancied leg chains can begin to wear such just because shes seeing a lot of her friends do it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by duro4chang(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
The internet is garbage in, garbage out. It's what you go looking for that you will find thanks to "the algorithm".
The internet made it easy for alot of things ,both good and bad. So whatever people choose to do on the internet is what they are.
I agree to some extent. Take for instance a married man who happens to find an old school girl friend on the net, as a result of constant interaction, the old lust may be ignited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by TUTU147: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
It is as a result of lack of the fear of God, lack of the word of god.until we start doing what God Almighty instructed us to do, things like this we continue to happen.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by juman(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
There was no time people respect sanctity of marriage.
Manage your life.

Social media easily sway peoples mind.
Work harder on your marriage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rayban25:

madam omotara...however you want to twist it...social media can still influence some people into accepting foolish ideologies..and women are especially easily influenced by trending things.. e.g some girls who never fancied leg chains can begin to wear such just because shes seeing a lot of her friends do it.
So I guess , going by your logic, people can also be influenced to become serial killers.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
I agree to some extent. Take for instance a married man who happens to find an old school girl friend on the net, as a result of constant interaction, the old lust may be ignited.
And if he met her in real life ,would the old lust not still be ignited? . Social media just made it easy for humans to convey their innate character and subconscious traits without the eyes of the world on them. The internet provided a perfect "behind the curtain" scene of humans. And now we want to blame the internet for it undecided
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by OnlineArchitect: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
Oizee:
Some people don't respect boundary at all, there was a colleague of mine that called me on WhatsApp video around 9:30pm when I was preparing for bed o, I didn't pick, the next day in the office I made it clear to him that I don't do video call with non male relatives.

I respect women that respect themselves.. Well-done ma'am

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by duro4chang(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
And if he met her in real life ,would the old lust not still be ignited? . Social media just made it easy for humans to convey their innate character and subconscious traits without the eyes of the world on them. The internet provided a perfect "behind the curtain" scene of humans. And now we want to blame the internet for it undecided
There are many of my school mates that we have never met since graduation that even if we meet may not recognise one another but through social media we are very close.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
So I guess , going by your logic, people can also be influenced to become serial killers.

humans can be influenced without knowing..have you asked why small children in america go and snoop around their parents rooms and look for handguns? some of them that shot people said they were influenced by playing violent games.

it can also be movies too or music and if you constantly feed yourself with mainstream culture you will imbibe it without knowing

everyone knows fornication is a sin but people even in church have tried to make it look like a normal thing. thats woke mainstream culture for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Puss360(f): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
taylor89:

Be forming what I donā€™t know

A colleague called you at odd hour and your vagina mind went straight to toasting not thinking if he might be in danger or you might be in danger yourself

My boss once told me that even if weā€™re 10 inches away from each other like weā€™re seeing each other that I should never refuse to pick his call

Even if he asked me to come to his house and Iā€™m already at the gate and he calls that I should pick the call and tell him boss Iā€™m at your gate

Because you really donā€™t know when a call is for safety
Be calming down ..... Why should a colleague call someone "Video call" by that time
If it were that important why can't he send message... Abi the colleague no Sabi type
Rubbish..
That's how you people will be encouraging promiscuity

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rayban25:

humans can be influenced without knowing..have you asked why small children in america go and snoop around their parents rooms and look for handguns? some of them that shot people said they were influenced by playing violent games.

it can also be movies too or music and if you constantly feed yourself with mainstream culture you will imbibe it without knowing

everyone knows fornication is a sin but people even in church have tried to make it look like a normal thing. thats woke mainstream culture for you.
okay.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
There are many of my school mates that we have never met since graduation that even if we meet may not recognise one another but through social media we are very close.
If you say so.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by 3seriez(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
taylor89:

A colleague called you at odd hour and your vagina mind went straight to toasting not thinking if he might be in danger or you might be in danger yourself

My boss once told me that even if weā€™re 10 inches away from each other like weā€™re seeing each other that I should never refuse to pick his call

Even if he asked me to come to his house and Iā€™m already at the gate and he calls that I should pick the call and tell him boss Iā€™m at your gate

Video call at 9:30 pm to a married woman that is not your relative doesn't fall under guise of safety call. There are boundaries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by duro4chang(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
If you say so.
Though it is not the only reasons but one of the major reasons
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by AZControversial(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
undecided

Coz unfortunately, many are not mentally prepared for it.

Many, among other reasons, rush into marriage because they don't want to be 'left behind'.
Some don't even see themselves as adults until they are married.

So when they rush into it, barrages of inappropriateness and mistakes follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by XTHRONE(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
Blueseaa51:
Canada 2years work permit with temporary accommodation available, canada, australia, new zealand, scheghen and other europe countries visa application without stress. *features* direct employment with open permit *temp accommodation *no bank statement of accountāˆš -contact us now or whatsapp us today. note: no down payment apart from the initial embassy visa fee and your documentation fee.

Naso u love Nigeria reach, u no like to travel to Canada
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Though it is not the only reasons but one of the major reasons
when we are ready to talk about the real issues as humans especially Nigerians,we will ,but for now ,let keep blaming everything else including the devil.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Miarose: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
Because SANCTITY only applies to Christian marriages. Christian in this context, is marriage by 'Christians' not sycophants.
Example, In the Catholic church, marriage is a holy sacrament(SACRED), hence the expectation of sacredness.

Worldly marriages , which are just legal contracts, are not sacred. It is a business contract for most, if they are honest to themselves. The expectation of sanctity does not apply.
Traditional marriages also, do not have the expectation of sanctity.

All man should guide their expectations according their tenets within which they live their lives.

Thank you.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Fiscus105(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
taylor89:

Video calls for safety? If she goes other way round now, you will also be in forefront to blame and attack her for collapse in marriage.

May God saves us from attackers ooo

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by duro4chang(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:
when we are ready to talk about the real issues as humans especially Nigerians,we will ,but for now ,let keep blaming everything else including the devil.
In that case I will still blame human beings especially those who practise it. Even the social media is being run by human being.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Lama70(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Cheating has been part of marriage from the days. Bad as it may sound. Reasons are unexplainable. From the trivial to the serious.

But one thing is as sure the sun rising in the morning. There are faithful men and women. Not necessarily religious people.
May God help us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Ashirioluwa: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Marriage is nothing these days. Those parties that involve in marriage donā€™t respect the marriage vows anymore.

Now everyone is doing what they like. The husband is happy with girlfriends, the wife is messing with neighbors or workplace colleagues.

These days, some guys are even proud to say it that they only date ā€œmarried or pregnant womenā€. Marriage institution has long lost its respect.

Marriage is now businesslike.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by crossbreedwears(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
You've never seen any good thing in your life! If you continue this way, you might not succeed.
This is all i have seen!
FalseProphet1:
Nigerian men are like He-Goats. Always Hot and looking for whom to have sex with, be it an under age child, a married woman or even a mad woman. That's why many of them are so poor and wretched, cos the only thing they spend their money and time on is sex. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by maasoap(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
LadyTara:

Stop applying wrong logic. Many people are influenced by what they see or hear constantly. That social media is not playing an influential roles in many homes is like one doesn't want to look at the obvious
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by Righthussle: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Nigerian men are like He-Goats. Always Hot and looking for whom to have sex with, be it an under age child, a married woman or even a mad woman. That's why many of them are so poor and wretched, cos the only thing they spend their money and time on is sex. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

You're really pained. sorry
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by DrDunamis(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
PapaGfad:
It is no more news that marriages have lows and high time and several events take place that makes couples feel so much pressure and feel choked in marriage. And of course, the usual line of action is to find 'solace' in some available shoulders.

However, gone are the days when these available shoulders understand boundaries and even though they may be 'providing succour' to the wife or husband, they still at least understand certain boundaries. For instance, for no reason will I keep a married woman on the phone at night(especially anything from 8.30pm) when she is under her husband's roof no matter how close we are. It is a brocode law for me.

But how come these days, you will find another married man, engaging another married woman under the roof of her husband on calls deep into the hours of the night?

Here is my thought, if a woman were to be having issues with her husband(aside from physical attack o) and she calls me at night when she should be on bed with the husband ,is it not reasonable for me to encourage the woman to put efforts into resolving the issue rather than cowardly running into my arms for solace at least for that night by simply postponing our calls till day time?

Or even if there were to be no issues, does it not look odd to be deeply engaged in cozzy calls with a married fellow in the deep of the night?

I am just wondering if I am overthinking this or perhaps it is just that people don't care anymore about these things?
You're not overthinking most of them nowadays skip premarriage counselling sessions
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by LadyTara(f): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
maasoap:

Stop applying wrong logic. Many people are influenced by what they see or hear constantly. That social media is not playing an influential roles in many homes is like one doesn't want to look at the obvious
If you say so.
Re: Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? by bonnyhope: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Oizee:
Some people don't respect boundary at all, there was a colleague of mine that called me on WhatsApp video around 9:30pm when I was preparing for bed o, I didn't pick, the next day in the office I made it clear to him that I don't do video call with non male relatives.

Why calling u on video

Some men find joy in digging someone s wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die / Parenting In The Digital Age / Five Children Burnt To Death In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.