Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,709 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? (452 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Does Going To Church Guarantee Heaven? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by ahamonyeka(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Am thinking of quiting church because if can stay in my house and pray and my prayers is answered whats the essence of going to church where you will be siphoned by pastor and church dont even help members now things times are hard.i went to market this morning without the consent of my wife when got the market things were extremely expensive and began to wonder while churches are busy promoting tithe and offering.

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Stubborn82: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Church is not going for prayer, the church is the place you hear the words of God, and this words help your life to have meaning. I understand your point, you are not happy with the look of things in the country but the truth is, its not the church that is making the policies that made things hard.
If there is no church where God can use as a channel to change people destiny, they the world is doom. Instead of you complaining about church, offerings and tithes, why can you shift your attention on how to leave this country.

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
It's not a must you go to church every time for God to answer your prayers,but you can go once in a while to pay your tithe.
You can be in your house, watch and listen to sermons online,study your Bible and meditate on the Word, practice it,all in the privacy of your home; and God will never be far from you.
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
ahamonyeka:
Am thinking of quiting church because if can stay in my house and pray and my prayers is answered whats the essence of going to church where you will be siphoned by pastor and church dont even help members now things times are hard.i went to market this morning without the consent of my wife when got the market things were extremely expensive and began to wonder while churches are busy promoting tithe and offering.
My brother, it's not a must for you to go to church every time,but you can go once in a while to pay your tithe.You can be in your house, study the Bible there and meditate and practice it.God sees your heart and will always show up for you.
No pastor has monopoly of knowledge of the Word.We all can get that within the privacy of our homes.
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by ITbomb(m): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
Church is where brethren (of one mind) go and be exhorted with the word of God for their daily Godly life not a place to go and get answers to prayers

God is Spirit and you can reach him from the comfort of your home. However, some people need company to stir up the atmosphere of worship and prayers
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
ahamonyeka:
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the praises, prayers, offerings, giving, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God. God only answers the prayers of the righteous and your churches cannot make any man , not even your pastors and mogs, holy and righteous. Prayer can't even do that. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Kooldon(f): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hebrew 10:25
We should not stop gathering together as believers are doing.
As a christian it is a must to meet in the place of worship once in a while to sharpen ur mind towards God
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
duh!!!! if the church answered prayers then yeye sheeples wouldnt be going back to church over and over again. its obvious these prayers dont work, but these charlatans in robe will still ask you for your money!

with so many innocent xtian children dying; so many innocent xtian dying of incurable illneses, natural disasters, hunger etc; so many innocent xtians dying at the hand of ritualists, kidnappers, armed robbers etc, its obvious the only person winning here is the devil! i wonder how brainwashed you people are to believe that these phoney prayers remotely work.

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: didnt your holybook brainwashed you that:" seek and you shall find, ask and it will be given to you?!" then why dont you simply pray that your invisible god grants you whetever you desire/need in your life TODAY, and if you dont get it by tonight, then it means your god is USELESS/POWERLESS!

Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Sonofthemoon(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2023
ahamonyeka:
I think you should quit actually
I Think you Should have done that long time ago
My church doesn't take offering tho,we give succur instead
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by MightySparrow: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2023
Not really but the scriptures encourage not to walk the journey of faith alone. Christianity is a family faith - race not to be run alone. If you think it is all about answer to prayers alone, you miss It.
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Porksupplyib: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the praises, prayers, offerings, giving, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God. God only answers the prayers of the righteous and your churches cannot make any man , not even your pastors and mogs, holy and righteous. Prayer can't even do that. undecided

So in other words he shouldn't bother going to church since Church cannot make any man righteous? Wonderful. cheesy
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Maynman: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2023
ahamonyeka:
Your god created the whole universe but you need to enter a specific place before your prayers are answered?

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
Porksupplyib:
So in other words he shouldn't bother going to church since Church cannot make any man righteous? Wonderful. cheesy
What is the point in engaging in rituals that serve no true benefit --- produces negative impact--- to what God has called you for? Isn't engaging in such ritual blatant foolishness? undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by vdestro: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kooldon:
Hebrew 10:25
We should not stop gathering together as believers are doing.
As a christian it is a must to meet in the place of worship once in a while to sharpen ur mind towards God

Not when the gathering is full of sexbuyers and sexsellers selling sex and the love of money and all things anti-God
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by vdestro: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
duh!!!! if the church answered prayers then yeye sheeples wouldnt be going back to church over and over again. its obvious these prayers dont work, but these charlatans in robe will still ask you for your money!

with so many innocent xtian children dying; so many innocent xtian dying of incurable illneses, natural disasters, hunger etc; so many innocent xtians dying at the hand of ritualists, kidnappers, armed robbers etc, its obvious the only person winning here is the devil! i wonder how brainwashed you people are to believe that these phoney prayers remotely work.

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: didnt your holybook brainwashed you that:" seek and you shall find, ask and it will be given to you?!" then why dont you simply pray that your invisible god grants you whetever you desire/need in your life TODAY, and if you dont get it by tonight, then it means your god is USELESS/POWERLESS!

See as dis one wey God no answer dey cry and curse! grin hehehehehe cheesy
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by vdestro: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
ahamonyeka:

If you read the bible, you would have seen what God Said about prayers
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Porksupplyib: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is the point in engaging in rituals that serve no true benefit --- produces negative impact--- to what God has called you for? Isn't engaging in such ritual blatant foolishness? undecided

"Rituals that serve no benefits"
what say you on the admonition we were given as christians in Heb 10:25?
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Porksupplyib:
■ "Rituals that serve no benefits"
what say you on the admonition we were given as christians in Heb 10:25?
In Leviticus 23 for instance, God commanded the Holy gathering of the people of Israel living in the Land of Canaan-- the gathering of the brethren made reference to by the writer of the letter to the Hebrew believers. The advice was not commanded by Jesus Christ and was meant to encourage the believers to continue to mingle with their unbelieving brothers on those National Holy days as opportunity to highlight to them the benefits of turning to Jesus Christ. undecided

What you do in your churches has nothing to do with that what God said in His Old Law or what is written in the letter to the Hebrews. undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
Maynman:

Your god created the whole universe but you need to enter a specific place before your prayers are answered?
places like where please?
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by JewishPeter: 11:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
ahamonyeka:

Going to church is a commandments of Jehovah...Six days shall thou work and do all your labour but the seventh day is Sabbath of rest and Holy convocation...convocation means gathering (Exo 20:cool

You have many issues but I suggest you learn to worship God in truth and spirit after all that is the form of worship God likes the most (John 4: 23 - 24) and not being attached to any pastor

Jehovah said WE MUST WORK OUT OUR SALVATION THROUGH FEAR AND TREMBLING & AND WHEN THE BLIND LEADS THE BLIND BOTH FALL IN A PIT (Phil 2:12 - 13) and (Matthew 15:14) respectively.

I am a Secondary School Maths,Futher Maths and Physics teacher but I do Ministry work ìn my spear time...my style of worship is strick-christainity which is hard for me to explain so I say Messianic Judaism...I wish you all the best..."prosperity" is not your problem probably "salvation"...all the best...you know this is NOT AN INCOME GENERATION ENDEVEOUR so let me stop here.Get KJV bible or NKJV bible and read...if you read it 1 page a day you will finish the entire bible in 2 years and SEPERATE yourself from those that are always learning and never coming to the full knowledge of truth( 2 Timothy 3:7)...all the best.

Your friend.
Peter.
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Porksupplyib: 4:57am On Jul 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
In Leviticus 23 for instance, God commanded the Holy gathering of the people of Israel living in the Land of Canaan-- the gathering of the brethren made reference to by the writer of the letter to the Hebrew believers. The advice was not commanded by Jesus Christ and was meant to encourage the believers to continue to mingle with their unbelieving brothers on those National Holy days as opportunity to highlight to them the benefits of turning to Jesus Christ. undecided

What you do in your churches has nothing to do with that what God said in His Old Law or what is written in the letter to the Hebrews. undecided

Wonderful! grin
Now this is very interesting grin
I was wondering why I always saw your posts and comments as amusing. Now I understand better. I wondered why you called the other guy a liar for quoting what Paul said concerning sexual immoralities. Now I get the entire picture grin
There would be no need to engage you further. I wish you peace on your journey. cheesy
Re: Does Going To Church Makes God Answer Ones Prayers? by Maynman: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2023
ahamonyeka:
places like where please?
You don’t get it.
The whole universe will be your church if your god created everything, your god wont be in a tiny place.

(1) (Reply)

Without Form And Void / Five Things To Know About The New Pope / Ministers Of Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.