Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,469 members, 7,836,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria (257 Views)

NTI Transcript Collection: Advise Needed / Help! Please! Bvn-generated NIN Problems. / Legal Advise Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Brem20: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dear Nairalanders,

I have been following this forum for a couple of years and have seen people receive some very useful guidance/counsel here; that is why I have brought my dilemma here, hoping to also enjoy a similar privilege.

I have been saving for sometime and have been able to put together over N25 million which I plan to either invest or commit towards a profitable business venture. The challenge now is being able to settle on what exactly I should engage in.

For context, I currently work 100% remotely and have relative control over my work hours hence I should be able to give proper attention to any business I decide on.

I have considered various options like, going into transportation business (buying a few vehicles and running interstate travels to a few major cities). However, this would mean that I relocate from Lagos to mitigate the cost of business and I am also not very sure how profitable that industry is. Hospitality, specifically food and self-care, is another area I am passionate about; and I have mulled the idea of opening a 3 or 4 star restaurant in a mid-level city outside of Lagos (considering the potential cost of doing that in Lagos). I have also seriously given thought to establishing a standard digitized supermart in Lagos.

On the Investment side, I have discussed real estate with some experienced people in the industry but the usual uncertainties in Nigeria together with several recorded instances of disappointments by real estate firms leave me in lurch. Finally, I have a very functional knowledge of forex trading and have previously tried my hands on it with mixed results and I wonder if I should fully invest myself into it considering that I would be able to dedicate enough time to it.

Please I need experienced persons to advise me and suggest which option(s) would be better, and also throw in any pros and cons, especially within our Nigerian context. Kindly note that you can also highlight any areas of opportunities that I might not have captured above.

Just for the purpose of more clarity, I am based in Lag and in my 30s and it is also not currently in my plans to travel abroad for permanent residence.

My apologies for the long winded musings, my mind has been so occupied with these thoughts for the past couple of weeks and I really don't want to make a mistake.

@mods, please help me give more visibility, I really need advise.

@r231
@FOD,
@puskin
@dominique
@naijacutee
@mukina2
Re: Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Wodu89: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
I can open big pepper soup joint and slaughter up to 20 goats daily with this capital. I will make my own 800/plate compared with others that sell for 1200. Include music and other attraction and I'm good to go
Re: Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Brem20: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wodu89:
I can open big pepper soup joint and slaughter up to 20 goats daily with this capital. I will make my own 800/plate compared with others that sell for 1200. Include music and other attraction and I'm good to go

Do you mean selling just peppersoup or together with other food/drink options and have you previously engaged in the business or operating one currently? kindly elabourate more please as hospitality is an area i am personally interested in.

Thank you.
Re: Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Wodu89: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
Brem20:

Do you mean selling just peppersoup or together with other food/drink options and have you previously engaged in the business or operating one currently? kindly elabourate more please as hospitality is an area i am personally interested in.

Thank you.

I'm kidding. Btw 25M is good cash to invest in residual income business ideas i.e you can buy five sienna enter contract with transport companies and earn weekly remits

1 Like

Re: Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Brem20: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wodu89:

I'm kidding. Btw 25M is good cash to invest in residual income business ideas i.e you can buy five sienna enter contract with transport companies and earn weekly remits

All right, thanks a lot. I will give more thought to your advise and also research on the possibilities there.

I really appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Help Please! Advise Needed For Profitable N25m Business/investment in Nigeria by Brem20: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please I still need help with this...

@mods help me out abeg oo...
@r231
@FOD,
@puskin
@dominique
@naijacutee
@mukina2

(1) (Reply)

Top Free Downloaders For Slideshare Presentations / 5 Most Expensive Pens In The World / Premier Breweries Plc Not For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.