Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Role Of Good Leadership In Building A Strong Society: Lessons From Personal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Role Of Good Leadership In Building A Strong Society: Lessons From Personal (112 Views)

Gbajabiamila Receives Bill Gates Foundation’s Leadership In Abuja (photos) / Security Summit: Buhari Meets GILS Leadership In Abuja (photos) / Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Good Leadership In Building A Strong Society: Lessons From Personal by Lukgaf(m): 5:58am On Jul 10, 2023
The Role of Good Leadership in Building a Strong Society: Lessons from Personal Experiences

By Gafari Lukumon

When it comes to discussing the challenges our country faces, there are often two main arguments: some say the problems arise from bad leaders in positions of authority, while others believe the issues stem from the behavior of the followers. Personally, I tend to align with the first argument. In my opinion, for a society to thrive, we need virtuous and upright leaders who can serve as positive role models, establish and enforce rules, and ensure accountability for those who deviate from the right path. Even our Creator emphasizes the significance of having leaders within our communities, as it facilitates effective decision-making. Throughout history, God has sent Prophets and Warners as leaders to guide people and emphasize the importance of pursuing goodness and refraining from evil.

To illustrate my point further, let me share some concrete examples from my own experiences with two exceptional teachers who hold a special place in my heart. One of them taught me in high school, while the other mentored me during my undergraduate studies. I still consider them as my mentors and hold them in high regard, often referring to them as "father" due to the immense respect I have for them. May God bless all our teachers (Aameen).

We are all familiar with how students can sometimes exhibit unruly behavior in class, disrupting the learning environment and turning everything into a playground. However, a good teacher, akin to a leader, possesses the skill to effectively manage the class and foster an atmosphere of cooperation. Having control over the class is what distinguishes a truly great teacher. Even if someone possesses exceptional knowledge and teaching abilities, without proper class management, they cannot be considered a truly outstanding teacher. It is crucial to recognize the value of acquiring this essential trait through proper teacher training.

Allow me to share specific instances to illustrate my point. In the case of my high school teacher, whenever he noticed students making noise while he dictated notes, he would deliberately lower his voice, and miraculously, everyone would quiet down without needing to be told!

Now, let's consider my experience with the second teacher. In his class, you dared not have your phone turned on or set to anything other than silent mode. If a phone happened to ring, it would be confiscated until the end of the semester or you would have to "bail" it out by providing temporary writing markers. Whenever he asked, "Whose phone is ringing?", you either had to identify the culprit or face the consequences of leaving the class that day. 😂 I, too, fell victim to this rule once, but on that particular day, the teacher pardoned me (may God bless him) after I presented a convincing argument. As students, we always behaved ourselves, knowing the repercussions of having our phones confiscated or being expelled from the class.

In light of these examples, my argument remains steadfast: to build a prosperous nation, a cohesive community, or a harmonious home, we require exceptional leaders who can effectively manage the affairs of the people and guide them towards righteousness.

So, dear friends, which argument resonates with you?

Gafari Lukumon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023 World Population Day! / When Are We To Know The Ministers Position / Personalized Farewell Card Ideas: Making Memories Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.