Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? (1696 Views)

Guess! Which Governor Is Building This Houses? Photos / People Feared Dead At Buhari’s Rally In Jalingo, Taraba State. Photos / 'El-Rufai: "Being A Governor Is Not Easy, Sometimes I Feel Like Running Away'" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2023
The Taraba state governor, Kefas Agbu is currently leading in the best governor since May 29, 2023.

Mr. Kefas started in a good note by making series of appointment hours after his inauguration on May 29.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/601331-new-taraba-governor-makes-first-appointments.html

He declared state of emergency on education

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/06/04/gov-kefas-declares-state-of-emergency-on-education/%3famp=1

After some few weeks he slashed fees of state tertiary institutions by 50% to mitigate the hardship caused by the anti people's policy of fuel subsidy removal by the Federal government
https://leadership.ng/gov-kefas-promises-50-reduction-in-school-fees/

Within his first two months in the helm of affairs, the governor has declared that starting from next term Primary and secondary school students in the state will enjoy a tuition free compulsory education in the state, a very commendable feet based on the level of out of school children in the state

https://guardian.ng/news/fuel-subsidy-taraba-gov-kefas-declares-free-education/

"Mr. Time" as he is fondly called has also restructured some ministries to reduce cost of governance
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sunnewsonline.com/tarabas-governor-agbu-restructures-state-ministries-bureaus/%3famp

We humbly request that he should send a bill to the state assembly to prosecute parents of children of school age seen hawking or doing any job while he is supposed to be in school

Kudos to Kefas Agbu

from a concern obidient who love good governance

Note: This is not a paid write up

Seun
Mynd44
OAM4J

8 Likes

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Onucs(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Now, this is what I call goodnews cool

God bless Taraba and long live it's people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Sunnymatey(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2023
It shows that he is prepared to govern unlike those still studying files.
He should continue in this direction.

8 Likes

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by TheNiceGuy(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2023
This is commendable.
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Moferere: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2023
He still has a daunting task in terms of insecurity, but that doesn't take away the fact that He has started well and he deserves commendation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Supremos: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuPJHwLkLo

Created a thread about that man. He's a good man.

Spotted him in economy section of Abuja bound flight from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:44am On Jul 10, 2023
The frog eyed drug baron in Aso rock is busy enslaving his adopted state and his slave won't let us rest on NL.

All those junkie followers should continue. Na Waterloo them go meet soon.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by southsouthking(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2023
If i were him, I'll invest heavily on tourism and then hand it over to a private firm for yearly ROI.
Tabara State has the potential of be number one tourist state in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuPJHwLkLo

Created a thread about that man. He's a good man.

Spotted him in economy section of Abuja bound flight from Lagos

Yea, to be sincere I didn't see him performing to this level

Lets watchout for the following governors

Adeleke
Otti
Fr.Alia
Abba Gida
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2023
southsouthking:
If i were him, I'll invest heavily on tourism and then hand it over to a private firm for yearly ROI.

I believe he is cooking something with his economic team, but for governor that has started this early I believe something great is coming for the people of Taraba.

This is how Akpabio started in my state, though he stole but he did well

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Ikaeniyan0: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
I'm impress with what he has done so far, i hope he will do much more than this

For now, he's the best Governor unless someone else with a better achievement so far comes out

I can't believe tinubu ministerial list won't be ready by now

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by SmartPolician: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Taraba State has a huge landmass. He should focus on ways to generate revenue for his state through agriculture and other means.

Slashing salaries is not enough. Every state must start thinking beyond Niger Delta petrodollars. If Tinubu takes a bold step to push for resource control, it will get speedy consideration in the legislature because of Godswill Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Roger3D(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
They always start off well only for them to later on fall short
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Mabizeka: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
southsouthking:
Pls can you tell me the tourist sites they have over there?
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by southsouthking(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by southsouthking(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:

The Mambilla Plateau
Barup Waterfalls
Gashaka-Gumti National Park
Bitako Hills and Rock Formations
Donga river basin forests

And lots more.
Even the road that leads to gembu itself is a tourist site on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Mabizeka: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
southsouthking:

The Mambilla Plateau
Barup Waterfalls

And lots more.
Wow. Nice places. Thanks all the same for enlightening me.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
southsouthking:

The Mambilla Plateau
Barup Waterfalls

And lots more.

Wow..seems you are from Taraba?
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
He should expand the educational framework, more vocational and training centres, like carpentry training, technology training, institute where the youths will have hands on training on building machineries, plumbing training, electrical training, business training. The people need real training for real skills, this our standard educational curriculum is not feasible, no space to absorb the teeming number of graduates, people should be trained to be self sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by southsouthking(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
richidinho:

Wow..seems you are from Taraba?

I'm a typical Bini boy from Edo State, but I've been to Taraba state on countless occasion.
Gembu is Taraba state is one of the coldest LGA in Nigeria, some are of the opinion that Gembu is colder than pankshin in Jos.
Taraba state is blessed with good weather.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Zamrito: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
That's why we want pdp at Federal level
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Goodluck 2 him.
not some guys who can't clear off touts/agberos yet he want to turn his state to Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zamrito:
That's why we want pdp at Federal level

Calm down bro....we aren't interested in party but individuals contesting
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by greatiyk4u(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
southsouthking:

I'm a typical Bini boy from Edo State, but I've been to Taraba state on countless occasion.
Gembu is Taraba state is one of the coldest LGA in Nigeria, some are of the opinion that Gembu is colder than pankshin in Jos.
Taraba state is blessed with good weather.

After Vom in plateau state, Gembu follows in coldness.
You know Taraba well

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by christejames(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
He and Otti have been on steroid
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by RenaissanceGuy: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
So slashing 50% off university fees and declaring free education in primary and secondary schools is what you deem as performance?? Reducing his state's already meagre revenue generation is not a wise thing to do. Why do Nigerians think that education has to be free, in the first place?? When you graduate and start working, will you be working for free??
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
So slashing 50% off university fees and declaring free education in primary and secondary schools is what you deem as performance?? Reducing his state's already meagre revenue generation is not a wise thing to do. Why do Nigerians think that education has to be free, in the first place?? When you graduate and start working, will you be working for free??

We are coming from somewhere and really needs to catch up with the rest of the world...if you have been to the north, you will easily understand
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Seun this thread deserve to be pushed to the front page
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by Wahabfuture: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:

Agbadorian i will advice you to stop disgracing yourself on Nairaland, definitely you don't know the importance of education, north backwardness is due to lack of education, most of them are victim of this corrupt country.

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by EcoNews: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
christejames:
He and Otti have been on steroid

Same foolish Otti that is complaining the Abiains are dropping refuse on the road instead establishing a functional waste management team to take care of the problem
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by captainbangz: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
SmartPolician:
Taraba State has a huge landmass. He should focus on ways to generate revenue for his state through agriculture and other means.

Slashing salaries is not enough. Every state must start thinking beyond Niger Delta petrodollars. If Tinubu takes a bold step to push for resource control, it will get speedy consideration in the legislature because of Godswill Akpabio.
Agriculture and other means? When herders won't let farmers have peace of mind?
Re: Can We Say Taraba State Governor Is The Best For Now? by richidinho(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
captainbangz:

Agriculture and other means? When herders won't let farmers have peace of mind?

Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 / X Influencer VivaXY Posts About Cautioning Obidients Against Insulting SW Voters / Is This Possible Again In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.