Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Steve Jobs Is Dead - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Steve Jobs Is Dead (17132 Views)

Apple's Steve Jobs Is Dead / Steve Jobs Is Gone / Former Apple Ceo Steve Jobs Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by White007(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
This particular speech of his touched me more.

[b]About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn’t even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor’s code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids everything you thought you’d have the next 10 years to tell them in just a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.

I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy, where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach and into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that when they viewed the cells under a microscope the doctors started crying because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. I had the surgery and I’m fine now.

This was the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope its the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept.[/b]

[i]No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
-Steve Jobs
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by jehrey01(m): 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
some pple live long and their existence could not be felt, while few live for a short period and their works are felt forever, Steve Jobs, Thanks for bringing Apple to our lives, U will be greatly missed!!!
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by gaffer: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2011
Gone, but his works are alive. What a tremendous impact he has made. Only God knows the Crown that will awaiting him in heaven
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by siobahn: 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
Major loss to technology, RIP Steve
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by tEsLim(m): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2011
iJobs - iDie - iCasket - iRIP  cool
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by Konjour(m): 12:42am On Oct 07, 2011
I feel intrigued to say this,but this thread is actually one out of a very low number of threads that i've seen on nairaland which runs into 5 pages

or more pages without two or more people yet to hurl insults at one another. smiley Something tells me i might still be wrong though. grin grin grin

Anyways,once again,Adieu Steve Jobs. You gave me an Ipad,an Ipod,and an Iphone(not for free though) grin grin grin. Thanks for the inspiration. cool
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by mikeslim(m): 1:27am On Oct 07, 2011
the world will miss you, me thinks he should be made the patron saint for ipods and iphones undecided
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by mxxpunkxx: 2:58am On Oct 07, 2011
apples are cursed

first, it was Adam

now, Steve

?
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by isleman(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2011
Simply cant imagine the values of your works. Even at your death, your works will for ever be used by us and will give Microsoft a tough time.
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by claremont(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2011
[b]THREE TYPES OF APPLES HAVE INFLUENCED THE WORLD.
1. ADAM AND EVE APPLE- where Adam was dumb enough not to listen to his creator and ate the forbidden apple recommended by Eve.
Adam was probably distracted by Eve's naked body. Some men are like that.

2. SIR ISAAC NEWTON'S APPLE; while taking shade under an apple tree after farming. An apple fell to the ground and Newton wondered why things always fell downwards to earth and did not float upwards to the sky.
After the idle minded Newton thought about this for over 20 years he came up with the UNIVERSAL LAW OF GRAVITATION that every mass in the universe attracts every other mass with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them-blah blah blah.

Ok. So eventually Albert Einstein brushed aside the law with his own theory of Relativity insisting that nothing could be faster than light. And two weeks ago Einstein Relativity theory was also brushed aside by some nerds who found a particle faster than light. Oops. Am I digressing

3. STEVE JOBS'S APPLE; What can I say you dont already know by now; born out of wedlock, put up for adoption at birth, dropped out of university, and then changed the world.
His revolutionary products ushered in the next phase of human intelligence.

A LEGEND IS GONE. Hopefully, others will step up and raise their game.
Thats what the human kind is all about. Bye.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~ George Bernard Shaw[/b]

Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by Azibalua(f): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Where is he currently
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by Dgunnerz(m): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
Azibalua:

Where is he currently

Trekking to Heaven's Gate!
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by omoba4real: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2011

Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by mechris: 3:38am On Oct 08, 2011
R.I.P. Steve, however since there is an opportunity in every tragedy i guess this opens a great window for us ,the tech savy Nigerians to start at least a MANGO brand of computers,I pods , i pads et al .If we sincerly begin in computer village Ikeja, within a short while we will also go global,afterall Steeve started all this quest in a garrage ,probably with no shoes .WE CAN DO THIS, YES WE CAN .
Re: Steve Jobs Is Dead by Ayobami7(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2021
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? / How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI / Photoshop Video tutorials 2018 Learn how to use Photoshop for FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.