Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? (323 Views)

Photos Of A Dwarf Nigierian Pastor Preaching At A Crusade In Kaduna(photos) / Pastor Preaching With Snake, Rushed To Hospital After Getting Bitten (Photos) / Pastor & Some Members Stand On Altar With Cutlass Each,Prayers turn bloody(photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by Shopable: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
I've been noticing it in person and on video. When a pastor is preaching and comes close to his members. The person stands up. Why?
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by duro4chang(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
We dont do such in my church
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by shortgun(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Is a sign of respect for the anointing the preacher carries, it's not mandatory.
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by izonborn098(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Regard giving to high profile figure e.g presidents, army leaders, governors and vice versa. Just like when we use to great our teachers back then in secondary school whenever they enter the class or even when we meet them for road.
Let me say it is a sign of respect.
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by TemplarLandry: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
Junkie boy will come here for sure.
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
izonborn098:
Regard giving to high profile figure e.g presidents, army leaders, governors and vice versa. Just like when we use to great our teachers back then in secondary school whenever they enter the class or even when we meet them for road.
Let me say it is a sign of respect.

We already know they respect him. But it's not necessarily. That's like a form of idolatry disguised as respect

1 Like

Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by izonborn098(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nah u are taking it too far na, atleast the number one man there must some sort of respect every organization and society pay those regards it is normal thing.
Rayban25:

We already know they respect him. But it's not necessarily. That's like a form of idolatry disguised as respect
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
izonborn098:
Nah u are taking it too far na, atleast the number one man there must some sort of respect every organization and society pay those regards it is normal thing.

Oga there must always be a balance in everything. So when ever a pastor comes close to you while preaching you will be standing up a 100 times because the anointing on his life is obvious? That a man has more anointing than you dosent make him better than you. He has that grace by God dosent mean he should be treated as a God. Na human being like you too. You can respect a mans anointing without idolizing him

1 Like

Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by izonborn098(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
Even me i don't support this rubbish, d day one of my girl invite me to church, because of this nonsense i leave the church house, the stress is too much.
Rayban25:

So when ever a pastor comes close to you while preaching you will be standing up a 100 times because the anointing on his life is obvious?
Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by FxMasterz: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Junkie boy will come here for sure.

No one even knows his gender. He answers to both he and she.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Members Stand Up When A Pastor Preaching Comes Close To Them? by toxict14: 5:38am On Jul 11, 2023
Eye service

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi In Trance While Singing A Touching Song In Another Church / Pastor Adeboye:Israel bans Christianity long ago no brethren there. (Vid) / Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.