Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) (43495 Views)

Proceeds From My Father's Funeral Goes To Charity — Prof. Onyebuchi (video) / Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Helen Ukpabio Buries Her Father With A Pawpaw Shaped Coffin In Akwa Ibom(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by successmatters(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nobodyfit2:
grin which kind play be dis

Money play grin
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Kossyso: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Don't get it twisted. This is no big deal. It's a normal thing down here in the East.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by successmatters(m): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kingsley34:

Mind you sharing of money doesn't necessary mean u are loaded with cash.

No, giving out a million naira as a gift means you are very poor grin
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Cantonese: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
wahahlawahala:
na who never reach East bfr no go know Somalians dey learn compared to the level of poverty over dia in potopoto republic

No transport money in your pocket.
Trekking is part of your name.
Beggi beggi na your work.
Poverty has a golden medal on your neck.
Suffering sleeps and wakes up with you.
Potopoto is your background.
Hardship hugs you completely.

You see as your life bend join?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by juman(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
This is the first time I see yards of clothes "sprayed" like money.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Uncletony(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
wahahlawahala:
🤭 everybody Sabi d crying fraudulent shameless tribe.... Mmesoma ppl😂
Huspuppi tribal bigoted idiots who are less than bush animals. We are actually ashamed of sharing same country with you idiots!

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by juman(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
You dont need to put yourself in debt to do burial.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Hoorlar(m): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
The woman will pay bed price for the mulla. However that man needs to be investigated..

Feel free to insult your ancestors, if my above comment de trigger your stupidity. #Icomeinpeace
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Yorubas and Igbos on nairaland practically turn everything into tribal warfare.

People papa die, them decide to bury am, celebrate the man exit how e sweet them, nairalanders have decidedly turned it into an avenue to fight and insult each other.

I often wonder if the faces behind these usernames are actual humans or just robots programmed to foment chaos at the slightest opportunity.

Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by cassyrooy(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kingsley34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrNUzcMECqM?t=10

A Nigerian woman has been reportedly gifted the substantial sum of N1 million (One Million Naira) during the burial ceremony of her late father in the southeastern region of Nigeria.

The generous gesture left spectators in awe as the event unfolded in the woman’s hometown, captivating the attention of many through a video that quickly went viral on social media platforms.

According to eyewitnesses, the burial ceremony was an elaborate and grand affair, befitting the esteemed status of the departed patriarch.

The woman and her siblings, united in their grief, came together to honor their late father with utmost reverence and respect.

In the video that has captured the attention of countless viewers, the woman can be seen at the forefront of the funeral procession, proudly holding a portrait of her deceased father.

As mourners encircled her, she began to dance with genuine emotion and profound connection to her family’s heritage.
It was during this moment that two men, believed to be her brothers, stepped forward to honor their sister with a noteworthy gift.
In adherence to cultural traditions, they presented her with a set of expensive wrappers, symbolizing respect and appreciation for her role as the ‘Ada,’ the first daughter of the house.
She's the Ada.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Ebony2King: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
successmatters:

Na them dey share million naira. grin

Your own people deyy share poverty.

Exactly! That wahalawahala na very stupid boy 😂

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Kharol1234: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
This kind camera no be here oo
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Alaigbopress: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
wahahlawahala:
na who never reach East bfr no go know Somalians dey learn compared to the level of poverty over dia in potopoto republic
Rest
South East is far better and prosperous than the West. I am a traveller to I know Nigeria more than You do. Even in the west where I know is more where You know. Just go Shibiri and Okomaiko in Lagos and see the level of devastating poverty in your Land. What I don't really know is why You people are just comfortable living in poverty. Make I no talk wetin I know because a lot will be revealed
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by successmatters(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hoorlar:
The woman will pay bed price for the mulla. However that man needs to be investigated..

Feel free to insult your ancestors, if my above comment de trigger your stupidity. #Icomeinpeace

Actually, you need to learn about other people's culture. It's a normal in the east to exchange big gifts during burials in this region. Its a form of appreciation to relatives who has shown love and dedication to their families.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by ipobarecriminals: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
sad Isn't that Green bottles, HERO cool lipsrsealed.Shayo lipsrsealed sad,burial jolof sad,there u go see gluttony cool
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Nairalander321: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dshocker:
By 2030, the market value of nairaland will drop by 60%, because a lot of people will leave this forum and those bringing traffic on it, will be those that comes in to trade tribal remarks.

Tackle this menace before it blows out of proportion.

Employ anti-bully police.... No amount of money spent into an investment is a waste

Seun Oluwaseun Osewa
you are very correct my dear, after the judgement of presidential election tribunal, I don't think I will visit Nairaland again, this forum sucks with disastrous tribal hates and the inter-ethnic attacks here are very appalling

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by successmatters(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
cassyrooy:
She's the Ada.

Exactly, there is a certain respect reserved for the Ada in every Igbo family, especially the ones that has married and are coming back home to help in the burial of her father. After the mother, she is the next most powerful person among the females on that burial even as she is married in another place.

In most cases, her own husbands people, her husband and children, friends and well wishers troop in to support her, appreciate her and show the world that they carry her in high esteem, showering her with a lot of clothes, drink for entertainment and raw cash where possible is not a surprise to anyone.

We do it here everyday.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Trizyd(m): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nairaland is becoming toxic, a haven for tribal dissing. A whole page of comments, trading/tossing insults.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by PHIPEX(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
People sit down and craft nonsense story.

Anyone who goes to a burial ceremony in the East goes with a gift for the bereaved either money, cow, goat, chicken, drink, cloths etc. Even in that video you could see wrappers.

Recall Obi Cubana got several cows from his friends when he buried his mother months ago and it was trending everywhere on social media
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
izonborn098:
She formart, WOMEN
This fish brains GENDER now use all means to cash out.

Bros wetin Women do you nawgrin

I have been seeing your Gbas Gbos on them latelygrin

Kindly have Mercy on them on my Behalf.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by nosike3(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
How's this news
Imagine I give my sister money and it becomes a big deal...
That's her brother..
No Biggie there
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by haslaw(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
successmatters:
The kind of lies people tell to demarket south east is pathetic. In most Igbo traditional burial ceremony, gifts are exchanged, even money is donated in open and in secret. There is this proverb in Igbo "Oji ego kwaa nna ya maka na obughi opara gburu ya"

Its very normal to give raw cash or cheques, or spray the cash in the presence of every guest, it has nothing to do with the woman mourning her father passionately our not. Even if the woman fails to dance, she will still be appreciated for her position in the family. Its a show of love to one's relatives and can be done anywhere and on any occasion.

Stop twisting tales to paint a tribe in bad light.

Thanks.

What about all the IIGB0S that were convicted of drug trafficking in Asian countries and awaiting death penalty. Did the Asian countries also paint them bad?
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Monday60655(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
successmatters:
The kind of lies people tell to demarket south east is pathetic. In most Igbo traditional burial ceremony, gifts are exchanged, even money is donated in open and in secret. There is this proverb in Igbo "Oji ego kwaa nna ya maka na obughi opara gburu ya"

Its very normal to give raw cash or cheques, or spray the cash in the presence of every guest, it has nothing to do with the woman mourning her father passionately our not. Even if the woman fails to dance, she will still be appreciated for her position in the family. Its a show of love to one's relatives and can be done anywhere and on any occasion.

Thanks.

God bless you. You just nailed it. Don't mind the attention seekers calling themselves journalist which they are not.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by MuslimIgbo: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
See useless culture grin

Even showing off and throwing things at each at a simple burial ceremony.

RUBBISH
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by bigiyaro(m): 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rubbish tradition...igbo and nonsensical show offs especially during dead ceremony for a dead person by dead people. This is the bases of all igbo men crimes and criminality.
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Coolgent(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
You didn't celebrate his old ages but you can spend millions in the name of befitting burial.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Almaigaa: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
successmatters:

Thanks.

LIES

Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by olatunji390(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
E come look like India film
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by DKM123: 4:32am On Jul 11, 2023
This Nairaland is becoming an ev1l site.
If it's not h@ting on Nigerian women, it's h@ting on Igbos. Smh
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by MightySparrow: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2023
successmatters:

Thanks.

Is mourning now a business in Igboland? grin grin
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by Entimz: 6:53am On Jul 11, 2023
Mourn-a-thon let the challenge begins😅😅😅
Re: Woman Gets ₦1M For Mourning Passionately At Her Father's Funeral (Pix, Video) by adanonso(f): 7:06am On Jul 11, 2023
Well it's not a new thing and it's not because she mourned her father well. That's how my part of Anambra do burial. At my mother burial, I danced with her portrait when my husband and his peoples are coming for burial. And they sprayed money and wrapper while I danced. So it's not a new thing. It's have been happening since I can remember. Even when my grandma died in 1993, my aunt's husband's, and and my mother's family came to the burial this way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Groom Beats Master Of Ceremony For Refusing To Play 'Worldly Songs' In Zimbabwe / Slay Queen Claims 70-year-old On Her Birthday. See Reaction (photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.