Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 (1389 Views)

I Warned You, You Didn't Listen. Dollar Now #2000 / Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi / Dollar Now #690. Nigeria Is Finished. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Validated: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
The tribulation that has befallen Nigeria is worse than those of warzone countries like Sudan, Somalia and Ukraine. Naira has now turned to toilet paper as $1 rises to N790.

We thought Buhari was bad, now we are most likely to be missing Buhari. Atleast during the dullard's time $1 was N461.

In the same vein, £1 now is said to be bracing N1000.

The good thing is that those who rejoiced at the fraud of an election and the wailers are in it together. Soon Petrol will be selling at N690 per litre. The poor would have to resort to donkeys.
Welcome to #TribulationRegime

4 Likes

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's economics, stupid.

Buhari was taking loans to support the naira.
So was Goodluck.

Interms of economics, Goodluck was the worst.

Goodluck was borrowing when Crude oil, our main source of income was selling at $120\ barrel.

All the economics they practiced were unsustainable. For God's sake, we were borrowing to pay salary, borrowing to subsidize fuel?

Obi, the proposed messiah, doesn't even export. His main business is based on importing.

I know this economics pass your assimilation levels, but try to reason. This is now a market economy, what I would expect Tinubu to do, is to support the poorest.

Now, people will find cheaper alternative to imported goods, it's better to export now, than to import, it's our preference for imported goods that's killing the economy.

What would Obi even have done differently?
Borrow more?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Tingotoe: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
One pound is currently selling for N1003
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by isan(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
You want the dollar to come down ? Go and manufacture something or purchase made in Nigeria goods . There's no abracadabra behind it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by braine(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Goodluck was borrowing when Crude oil, our main source of income was selling at $120\ barrel.

All the economics they practiced were unsustainable. For God's sake, we were borrowing to pay salary, borrowing to subsidize fuel?

Obi, the proposed messiah, doesn't even export. His main business is based on importing.

I know this economics pass your assimilation levels, but try to reason. This is now a market economy, what I would expect Tinubu to do, is to support the poorest.

Now, people will find cheaper alternative to imported goods, it's better to export now, than to import, it's our preference for imported goods that's killing the economy.

Borrow more?

I bow for your patience in explaining. Thats if he will still understand all you've said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
Validated:
The tribulation that has befallen Nigeria is worse than those of warzone countries like Sudan, Somalia and Ukraine. Naira has now turned to toilet paper as $1 rises to N790.

We thought Buhari was bad, now we are most likely to be missing Buhari. Atleast during the dullard's time $1 was N461.

The good thing is that those who rejoiced at the fraud of an election and the wailers are in it together. Soon Petrol will be selling at N690 per litre. The poor would have to resort to donkeys.

I support bola tinubu 100% percent. Nigerian people are extremely stupid I want you to destroy them and finish them completely. A Nigerian will run abroad after they go and vote for this idiot which can do nothing for them

3 Likes

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by CodeTemplar: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

Stop defending a calamity in human package. Collapsing exchange rates now means Brazilian hair importers and essential import compete for same dollar at level playing field. Witchcraft economics.
The man there can't man up to rent seekers like agberos and bandits but want to tax the hell out of Nigerians.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by benzion72(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
e author=ArcFresky post=124341423]It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

[/quote]

He should have started with support for the poor before yanking off the subsidy. Many have gone

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Awwwwww Tinubu’s Government will favour me. grin. Las, Las, everybody will suffer the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by TheEndless: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Validated:

Lol… Make e reach N1000 sef, no shakement!
Do you know how many yoruba Mozulem 🐖🐖🐖s I have referred to dingBAT’s profile when I catch them begging on Instagram only today??

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

What did you produce to export? What incentives have you given to encourage production? Or do you export air?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by XerXers: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Biafran economy during the war is better than current Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
benzion72:

He should have started with support for the poor before yanking off the subsidy. Many have gone

See why you need to educate yourself!

Buhari made a budget for subsidy till July.
He didn't yank off subsidy, it was already ending with Buhari.

It's painful, and I agree...
He should have made provisions, yes...
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by XerXers: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

What did you produce to export? What incentives have you given to encourage production? Or do you export air?
They are busy wasting borrowed money on unviable "infrastructure"

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by stewiepeter: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
I totally agree with you that fuel subsidy and borrowing to pay salaries is not sustainable and idiotic.
But I will be very happy if you can answer this small question. Why was the south-west so against Jonathan when he wanted to remove subsidy, but they are happy with Tinibu now, even in the face of extreme hardship and penury.
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Acidosis(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Just 789? I think say e don enter 2,000.
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Are you answering that buffoon?

Somebody wakes up and removes subsidy without the preemptive initiative of setting up support systems to cushion the negative effects of that kind of steep policy on middle and lower income class of citizens and his supporters are suffering the ripple effects while still sheepishly trying to explain away what's bluntly looking like a stupid move.

It's like putting a house on the back of a donkey just because it is considered a beast of burden and expecting the donkey to grow stronger bones to carry the house.

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by SwissMass: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
In January, the Liberia Dollar to US dollar was 150LD now it is 187 LD and increasing everyday despite US dollars are normally used by everyone for payment
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Ddeliverer007(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

Keep hailing and clapping. Mumu. The man came to suck you and yours dey but because you’ve been conditioned to be a mumu, you must type like a mumu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

Keep hailing and clapping. Mumu. The man came to suck you and yours dey but because you’ve been conditioned to be a mumu, you must type like a mumu

I have asked you, what would your saviour had done differently, because you lack comprehension, all you can do is abuse, no solution

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ratiani6: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
The economy is on a free fall

1 Like

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
stewiepeter:
I totally agree with you that fuel subsidy and borrowing to pay salaries is not sustainable and idiotic.
But I will be very happy if you can answer this small question. Why was the south-west so against Jonathan when he wanted to remove subsidy, but they are happy with Tinibu now, even in the face of extreme hardship and penury.

Jonathan wasted a lot of money,
Crude oil was selling at 120$/barrel but he was still borrowing.

When Obasanjo paid off Nigerians debt, Nigeria was earning less than $50/barrel.

GEJ had no reason to remove subsidy.

Now, we are borrowing to pay subsidy and you asked for it not to be removed?
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Nigeria produces a lot of things.
Before oil, Nigeria was the highest producer of ground nut in the world.
The second/third highest producer of Oil palm in the world, Rubber, Leather, tin, coal, bitumen...

Imagine Nigeria importing toothpick?
Paper?

Why, because it was cheap to import from China.... Now it's going to be very expensive and people will be forced to seek alternatives within the country.

One major incentive to export is high exchange rate.
E.g if you sell, you earn in Pounds.
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ArcFresky(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Oh, and Rome wasn't built in a Day, it's a gradual process.
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by grandstar(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

I agree with what you wrote 50%

Good writeup.
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by grandstar(m): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
stewiepeter:

Stop tribalizing things.
I am sure all Nigeria then wanted the subsidy retained.

I have always supported its removal. It is wasteful and discourages investment in refining.

Then, it wasn't clear a subsidy existed. But now, it is so glaring that all 4 leading presidential candidates stated they would remove it.

2 Likes

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Draslo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

You sef get time. These are the people they call sheep. Said during Obasanjo that Abacha was better, said during Jonathan that Yaradua and Obasanjo were better, said during Buhari that Jonathan was better...with the way Nigeria is structured, every president will seem worse than the last. Even if Yes Daddy by some impossible miracle won the elections, his followers will eventually say Buhari was better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by sapele914(m): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I support bola tinubu 100% percent. Nigerian people are extremely stupid I want you to destroy them and finish them completely. A Nigerian will run abroad after they go and vote for this idiot which can do nothing for them
Confused Almijiri it is Tinubu you are waiting for to change your life in this your democracy?

What happened to your governors & local governments?
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by sapele914(m): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
Draslo:

You sef get time. These are the people they call sheep. Said during Obasanjo that Abacha was better, said during Jonathan that Yaradua and Obasanjo were better, said during Buhari that Jonathan was better...with the way Nigeria is structured, every president will seem worse than the last. Even if Yes Daddy by some impossible miracle won the elections, his followers will eventually say Buhari was better
True Talk.
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by ebufa: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

Oga leave that hemp weed you are smoking! Buhari economy has totally ruined our finances!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by Prince111111: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2023
ArcFresky:
It's economics, stupid.

So was Goodluck.

Borrow more?

I would borrow if I were him just like the old ones did just not to soil my name. Atleast people never loved Buhari but now your good intention president now makes everyone to miss him...shit!!!!!
Re: Tribulation: Dollar Now N789 by a4cube: 2:23am On Jul 11, 2023
ArcFresky:

See why you need to educate yourself!

Buhari made a budget for subsidy till July.
He didn't yank off subsidy, it was already ending with Buhari.

It's painful, and I agree...
He should have made provisions, yes...
So why is Nigerians buying petrol without subsidy since May if Bubu made provision for subsidy till July.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion! Appeal Court Orders Conduct Of Elections In Taraba Instead Of Kaduna / ThìsGlobe.com Niger Delta Oil nearlyFinish after 60 years drilling See Pictures / Naira Reverses Gains, Becomes World’s Worst Performing Currency Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.