Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity (1060 Views)

Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / 311 Not The Highest Jamb 2018 Score; A Blogger Scored 337 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by TonyRazor(m): 4:48am On Jul 11, 2023
Soludo restricts scholarship for highest JAMB scorer to Ojukwu varsity

Tony Okafor,Awka

The Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, has awarded scholarship to the highest scorer in the 2023 JAMB, Miss Nkechinyere Umeh.

Soludo in a statement by his press secretary, Christian Aburime, said the scholarship is for her to study any course of her choice at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University in Anambra State.

THE PRESS STATEMENT READS:

Following the recent JAMB declaration of Miss Nkechinyere Umeh from Anambra State as the highest scorer with cumulative mark of 360 in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), the Governor of Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, has congratulated the remarkable student on doing the state proud with her exceptional performance.

In further celebration of Miss Umeh’s feat, Governor Soludo has announced a well-deserved scholarship for her to study any course of her choice at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University in Anambra State.

The scholarship will not only serve as a token of the state government’s appreciation for her hard work but also provide her with the opportunity to pursue her dreams and contribute to the development of the state in the future.

While wishing Miss Umeh continued success in her future academic pursuits, Governor Soludo also encouraged other young ndi Anambra students within the State and across the nation to take inspiration from Umeh's outstanding performance and take advantage of the improved conducive learning environment in the State to strive for excellence.

Signed:

Christian Aburime*
Press Secretary to the Governor

July 10, 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by tolue42(m): 5:16am On Jul 11, 2023
This lady prefer to study in south west, I'm not sure she'll accept the scholarship.

What kind of "clause" scholarship is this?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Bmaster(m): 5:25am On Jul 11, 2023
she won't study in south west.we don't need someone else to get lynched because she disagrees with yoruba Muslims her course mates on whatsapp group chat.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by tolue42(m): 5:33am On Jul 11, 2023
Bmaster:
she won't study in south west.we don't need someone else to get lynched because she disagrees with yoruba Muslims her course mates on whatsapp group chat.

I'm talking about tertiary education, by the way she's based in south west. We need people with sound minds here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by ODUBEZE: 5:51am On Jul 11, 2023
tolue42:
This lady prefer to study in south west, I'm not sure she'll accept the scholarship.

Don't mind him undecided

I hope his children are also in the same university

Na the masses them dey like to use shine undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by TonyRazor(m): 5:59am On Jul 11, 2023
There is a huge difference between scholarSHIP and scholarKEKE. Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by DeTribalisedCit: 6:01am On Jul 11, 2023
tolue42:

Certainly one that is not strange to readers. If I recall correctly, it is quite normal for state governments to offer indigenous scholarships. I remember Borno State offering scholarship in thousands at their local university not so long ago.

tolue42:

I'm talking about tertiary education

The person who was most recently lynched was at a quaternary education level?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by kingthreat(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2023
The poor girl won't want to sit-at-home when she's supposed to be having lectures.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Oblongata: 6:56am On Jul 11, 2023
Bmaster:
Any small thing like this, una go put ethnic coloration. Do you know how many non-indigenes study in south west yearly?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Depriest2020: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2023
Not bad. As the governor of Anambra state he gat to promote the state's Uni.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by DevilsEqual(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2023
Whatever Soludo does, he's always right
By the way, as the State Gov, its only normal that he promotes his state uni

1 Like

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Bmaster(m): 7:20am On Jul 11, 2023
Oblongata:
Any small thing like this, una go put ethnic coloration. Do you know how many non-indigenes study in south west yearly?
Must she study in south west ?
What happened if she decides to study in south east.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Someone that have all her family members in SW and was a product of SW , you expected her to go back to state university? I dont think she will want to considering many choices available for her now.
Instead she will rather attend Anchor University, owned by Deeper Life church or any other good University in the SW . Remember not only Anambra Government gave her scorlarship. If she knows what she is doing, which I believe, many international scorlarships will still come after her first year.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Okoyiboz3: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2023
She schooled in Lagos but you want her to come suffer in Anambra.

How many of your own children are schooling in Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Okoyiboz3: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2023
Bmaster:

That will be suicidal.

Last week, we saw Igbos defend UGM flogging 3 year olds who study in the South East.
Imagine Igbos asking why they went to school as if schooling is a taboo over there.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by 9jaBloke: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2023
smh
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by christejames(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2023
Well, even though it may look somewhat absurd because the current ranking of the school shows its not in the top ten, I will still cut Soludo some slacks because he did the right thing.

He is the number one ambassador of the state and this is the perfect way of marketing his university to the world. You don't expect him as a leader of the state to send her to study in another state when he has the same school (course) in his state, or send her abroad, when he also has the same school (course) in his state undecided...

Our Northern governors should learn from this and stop sponsoring their students to schools abroad unless the course to be studied is not being offered in the school. lipsrsealed
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by imam07: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Bmaster:
do u want unknown gun men to flog her. A whole highest jamb scorer. We no gree

1 Like

Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by christejames(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2023
Okoyiboz3:
She schooled in Lagos but you want her to come suffer in Anambra.

How many of your own children are schooling in Anambra?

Rubbish analogy, so if she schooled in Lagos she must continue her tertiary education in Lagos or the South West? undecided you people in the west think too highly of yourselves and your place... SMH!

I did my primary and secondary education in the North Central but had my university education in the East. In the school, there were so many students from the South West (both Igbos and Yoruba), many from North Central and across Nigeria, even International students from Cameroon 🇨🇲 or Ghana 🇬🇭...

You guessed the University right, UNN.
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Curious345: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2023
Yes I support it..

All those smelling -bory odour boys in UNILAG don't deserve to set eye on an Anambra queen
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Thomasankara(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2023
[/color]she accept the offer I bend😆😆😆did he know how much d lady was paying for tuition fee in her sec. days[color=#770077]
TonyRazor:

Tony Okafor,Awka

The Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, has awarded scholarship to the highest scorer in the 2023 JAMB, Miss Nkechinyere Umeh.

Soludo in a statement by his press secretary, Christian Aburime, said the scholarship is for her to study any course of her choice at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University in Anambra State.

Following the recent JAMB declaration of Miss Nkechinyere Umeh from Anambra State as the highest scorer with cumulative mark of 360 in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), the Governor of Anambra State, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, has congratulated the remarkable student on doing the state proud with her exceptional performance.

In further celebration of Miss Umeh’s feat, Governor Soludo has announced a well-deserved scholarship for her to study any course of her choice at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University in Anambra State.

The scholarship will not only serve as a token of the state government’s appreciation for her hard work but also provide her with the opportunity to pursue her dreams and contribute to the development of the state in the future.

While wishing Miss Umeh continued success in her future academic pursuits, Governor Soludo also encouraged other young ndi Anambra students within the State and across the nation to take inspiration from Umeh's outstanding performance and take advantage of the improved conducive learning environment in the State to strive for excellence.

Signed:

Christian Aburime*

July 10, 2023
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by 2pak(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2023
It will be a good idea,if we start upgrading our tertiary institutions and caution corrupt lecturers and Professors.
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by 2pak(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2023
It will be a good idea,if we start upgrading our tertiary institutions and caution corrupt lecturers and Professors.,
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2023
Good Thinking.
TonyRazor:

Tony Okafor,Awka

Signed:

Christian Aburime*

July 10, 2023
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Stanweezy(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
I'm a graduate of Ojukwu University,any of my course mate grew up in south west, I did my primary and secondary education in Abia State.

So I see nothing wrong in what Soludo did. Promote ur own. Do u expect him to use state funds to sponsor her education in another state.
Re: Soludo Restricts Scholarship For Highest JAMB Scorer To Ojukwu Varsity by Olatara(f): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Curious345:
Yes I support it..

All those smelling -bory odour boys in UNILAG don't deserve to set eye on an Anambra queen
grin

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Got A Uk Student Visa Currently / Ambrose Alli University (direct Entry) / Yabatech Post Mpce True Or False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.