Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA (12045 Views)

Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022 / Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React / Kaduna Inland Dry Port Records Import Cargo Throughput Of 2,318 Teus In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:17am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Who can be more illiterate than those who refused to make use of their free gifted senses. Na today Nigeria media dey deceive people?

So you truly believe 65% of imported container to Lagos end up in SE?

Go and ask for refunds from your teachers starting from your primary school teachers. They scammed you

Oh. Today you don't believe the media?

But if it was Obi, you will stick out your venomous tongue.

Hypocrite

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by BeautifulMind2: 6:18am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:

These ppl typically don't travel.
That's how one travelled with his friend to Nnewi for a burial and keptt asking his host when they will go to their main village grin
Many of them traveling now to east just few ignorant minds here, hear what this elderly Yoruba man said at Yoruba cannival that was held at Nnewi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP53_mj2FgA
Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by helinues: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2023
Gossiphub:

Oh. Today you don't believe the media?

But if it was Obi, you will stick out your venomous tongue.

Hypocrite

I believe you are educated and can reason things logically right, respond to that

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:

They don't know.
When I served in the Yoruba speaking part of Kogi,I was shocked by the number of buses leaving Onitsha to Kogi,Ekiti,Ondo, Osun etc cos they usually loaded at same place.
There are more buses leaving Onitsha to the north compared to Lagos to the north.
For something like men's clothing, you will buy it cheaper in Onitsha compared to Lagos

I served in Kebbi state.

The day I left for camp, was the day I cut cap for Onitsha.

No part of the North that you won't see buses loaded with goods leaving for from Onitsha.

These guys need to start traveling to know things.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:20am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

I believe you are educated and can reason things logically right, respond to that

I don't blame you.

After all, you supported the candidate that said "Na statistics we go chop".

Please don't quote me again.

I'm not ready to have a bad day with your uselèss argument.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by helinues: 6:23am On Jul 11, 2023
Gossiphub:

I don't blame you.

After all, you supported the candidate that said "Na statistics we go chop".

Please don't quote me again.

I'm not ready to have a bad day with your uselèss argument.

Hahaha, don't run

Even the question I asked, you did not respond to it.

Who started the quoting that you are saying I shouldn't quote you again? Isn't that confusion raised to power 16

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Onitsha market feed markets in Southsouth, middle belt by extension to Edo and Ondo including Abuja, it's very easy for them to come to Onitsha to buys goods instead of facing terrifying Lagos traffic, Onltsha is also closer to them

They don't know this.

I'm a living witness to this Ondo part.

I was in Ondo one time like that and you needed to see how Yoruba people were jumping "Ondo Rising" bus early Momo for Onitsha.

Aside myself in the bus, others were Yorubas coming to buy goods in Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Jogs1900: 6:28am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:

You're still blaming Jonathan, up till today? grin
I asked a rhetorical question?
What Jonathan a south Southerner didn't do, do you expect someone from another region to do it?
Moreover, let the state governors go out and look for investors and build their state owned port.Yhey shouldn't be lazy
Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Hahaha, don't run

Who started the quoting that you are saying I shouldn't quote you again? Isn't that confusion raised to power 16

Dear troll,

Please take a minute of your time and read the so called media report written by Deji your brother, that was pointed to you to read and stop displaying your stupidity on the internet.

They sent you to school to read and write and I believe before you write another rubbish to me, ensure to read the article.

Try to do better this time and not tell the world your parents actually wasted time training you in school.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by BeautifulMind2: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2023
Gossiphub:

They don't know this.

I was in Ondo one time like that and you needed to see how Yoruba people were jumping "Ondo Rising" bus early Momo for Onitsha.

The have two motor parks in Onitsha, one is near Onitsha River port another one in located at Upper Iweka, that's where they're loading

1 Like

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gossiphub: 6:33am On Jul 11, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

The have two motor parks in Onitsha, one is near Onitsha River port another one in located at Upper Iweka, that's where they're loading

Exactly.

We dropped at Upper Iweka that day
Before I continued my trip to my destination.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Mabizeka: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Hahaha, don't run

We are currently recruiting. Are you interested to work?

1 Like

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by BeautifulMind2: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2023
Gossiphub:

Exactly.

We dropped at Upper Iweka that day
Before I continued my trip to my destination.
One day I will go there and do documentary to cure those ignorant minds here and other social media platforms that think Nigeria start and end in Lagos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by tollyboy5(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:
And 65% of all the containers imported into the country end up in the South East

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/09/30/niwa-65-of-nigeria-bound-containers-end-up-in-onitsha-aba%3famp=1
Wow! thats cool.
Lagos is really cashing out.
We need more export tho..
Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by XerXers: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is the Best Time to invest in Lagos and the neighbouring SW states!
65% is a huge decline. It's even reducing faster than we expected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by XerXers: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2023
Gossiphub:

They don't know this.

Ondo and Ekiti get all their goods from Onitsha and not Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by XerXers: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2023
Maize247:
65% is not that much considering the fact, that some people want the world to believe other ports are not working
Exactly my point. Thank you. Lagos declining faster than we even expected. It ceased to be the busiest Airport in local flights since 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by FreeStuffsNG: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2023
XerXers:

65% is a huge decline. It's even reducing faster than we expected
Really? Smh

XerXers:

Lagos is declining. You won't notice. Abuja overtook in local flights since 2019 without anybody knowing. Onitsha port was concessioned in April and Lagos port is dropping
Continue sir. Ignorance is bliss. Smh

5 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by XerXers: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Really? Smh
Lagos is declining. You won't notice. Abuja overtook in local flights since 2019 without anybody knowing. Onitsha port was concessioned in April and Lagos port is dropping

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Davicl: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2023
Jogs1900:

Tell your governors to look for investors that will invest in port in the east.They shouldn't be lazy

And you think 🤔 your lazy governor built all the Ports in lagos huh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Jogs1900: 8:00am On Jul 11, 2023
Davicl:

And you think 🤔 your lazy governor built all the Ports in lagos huh
At least Lagos state got investors for lekki port while edo state got investor for gelegele port.Gelegele port will start operation soon..Hold your governors accountable.They shouldn't be lazy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by SmokedWhiskey: 8:06am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:
And 65% of all the containers imported into the country end up in the South East

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/09/30/niwa-65-of-nigeria-bound-containers-end-up-in-onitsha-aba%3famp=1

Sharap there!! even if it is 100%, no one gives a fvck...we should be bragging about export, not imports

6 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2023
Lagos Amaka!
Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:18am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Lol. What's the population of people residing in SE? Are Igbo's residing in SE up to 15m?

Chai, make una dey reason things logically, forget about the bunkum link you attached

300 thousand...You think this is Ilorin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Angelfrost(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2023
Since Independence, just Lagos!!! Such a shame!

Port Harcourt is there... Other places can be worked on to highly diminish the concentration in Lagos, and move businesses to other nerve centers!

Lagos should be decongested! I can't say this enough!

1 Like

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Gbeng30(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2023
it's well
Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2023
This not true. They're just economical with the truth. It should be around 80%.

1 Like

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Zadicuszuranda: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2023
Jonathan is the most f--lish president on the planet earth... God forgive me
SmartPolician:
Jonathan really messed up when he became the president of Nigeria. He had the opportunity to improve the ports in his region to some of the best in the world.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Phoen1X: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2023
dokyOloye:

We all know this as fact,...including the OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by 001Lagos: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is the Best Time to invest in Lagos and the neighbouring SW states!
no other south west state is doing well apart from Lagos and that's also because Lagos is enjoying the federal government support being a former federal capital of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA by Davicl: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2023
Jogs1900:

At least Lagos state got investors for lekki port while edo state got investor for gelegele port.Gelegele port will start operation soon..Hold your governors accountable.They shouldn't be lazy

grin and you think the port's that attracted the 65% is lekki port . You're the lazy one actually

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Introduce Death Insurance For Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram / South-east Governors Deny Issuing Warning To FG Over Killings Of IPOB Members / EXCLUSIVE: How Agency Headed By Buhari’s In-law Is Violating Nigeria’s Procureme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.