Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos (433 Views)

President Tinubu Appoints Kemi Nana Nandap As Comptroller General Of Immigration / Moment Akpabio Got Excited While Performing His First Duty As Senate President / Tinubu’s ADC, Nurudeen Yusuf, Assumes Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by DejiPlug(m): 7:17am On Jul 11, 2023
CIS BALA DANGANA ASSUMES DUTY AS COMPTROLLER, IMMIGRATION LAGOS STATE COMMAND

PRAISE GOD

Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Lagos State Command today got a new Comptroller. He is CIS Bala Aliyu Dangana. Comptroller B.A Dangana is a highly distinguished Professional and career Officer, who strives to impact the society around him and leave an indelible mark in the sand of time.

In his inaugural speech delivered to the Command Management team and granted to the National Association of Online Security News Publishers, NAOSNP, Comptroller BA Dangana noted: 'I feel greatly privileged to be entrusted with the complex and challenging responsibility of overseeing the affairs of the most strategic Immigration Command in the country.
Lagos State Command doubles as the birthplace of the Nigeria Immigration Service and coincidentally the Command with the highest number of transiting and resident Migrant population in the country. This is by virtue of the fact that Lagos is the commercial nerve center of the country and also the only state with international Ports of entry that can be accessed via the Land, Air, and Maritime domain.'

CIS BA Dangana who enlisted in Nigeria Immigration Service in January 1990 as Assistant Superintendent Cadet and was a member of the 27th Basic Course noted: 'With the support of the Command's Management team and all Officers and Men, I shall lead the charge with regard to implementing a strict adherence to the core mandate of the Service and the reform policies of the Ag CGI whose unquestionable resolve to reposition the NIS is already yielding positive results.'

'Under my watch, there will be strict adherence to the extant rule that has been clearly spelt out in all our operating laws and documents. Officers and Men of the Command are expected to carry out their respective duties with diligence, the Command will maintain zero tolerance for corruption and corrupt practices. Furthermore, the Ag. CGI directives on passport administration will be religiously implemented at our Passport Office at Alausa and the Front Desk Office at Alimosho.
Keying into the Ag CGI's resolve to limit the possibility of exploitation in the passport administration process.'

Dangana has a word for passport applicants. 'Members of the public who wish to acquire or apply for the re-issuance of their expired international passports are enjoined to access the following links: appointments.immigration.gov.ng/availability which will enable all applicants to check the nearest available date for data capturing and passport.immigration.gov.ng for self-initiated online applications.'

'All applicants who have concluded their online application should afterward proceed to the Servicom Unit of the respective applicants’ chosen Passport Control Offices or Front Desk office in Lagos on their appointment dates for the processing of their application at no additional cost. Members of the public should desist from entreating the service of touts whose major aim is to exploit', NAOSNP gathered.

To his officers and men, Dangana charged: 'To my officers, roll up your sleeve there is much to be done. Key Performance Index (KPIs) shall be attached to the portfolios of all my Sectional, Unit Heads as well as my personal aids. Appointments shall be purely based on merits and visible antecedents among the rank and file. Indolence shall be duly punished as much as excellent performances will be rewarded.'

'Conclusively, I wish to extend my hands of fellowship to our critical stakeholders, I will maintain an open-door policy while carrying out the NIS core mandate dutifully and without compromise. The Command will collaborate with the sister security agencies and the Lagos State Government to ensure that Lagos is safe and investor friendly.'

Comptroller Bala Aliyu Dangana is from Bida Local Government Area of Niger State in the North-Central geopolitical Zone of Nigeria. He had his primary and Secondary school education in Niger and Kaduna State respectively.
He obtained Higher National Diploma in Agric Engineering from the prestigious Kaduna Polytechnic. In the quest to broaden his knowledge and horizon, he went ahead to obtain MSc, in International Relations and Diplomacy with Ph.D. in view. Currently, he also has in view a Law Degree from the National Open University of Nigeria.

He started his career in Kaduna State Command and served there in various capacities and at different times. While he progressed in the service, he was posted to Rivers State Command where he served as the officer in charge of Investigation and Compliance. He served as Public Relations Officer Zonal Headquarters, Zone E Owerri.

He also served in Imo State Command
Officer-in-charge of Surveillance at Port Harcourt International Airport, Rivers State Command. He served again in Rivers State Command as the Passport Control Officer.

Upon his elevation to the rank of Comptroller he was transferred to the SHQ as Comptroller PRS Directorate. He also served as the Comptroller of ICT at SHQ

BA Dangana is a lover of sports, he played Table Tennis Professionally and even represented Nigeria in the Bournvita Games in China in the year 1983. Also, during his youthful days, he played Football for a local club in the 80’s.

Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by TemplarLandry: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2023
cool
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by ratiani6: 7:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Congrats
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by DejiPlug(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2023
ratiani6:
Congrats

Glory to GOD
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by TemplarLandry: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2023
What's your source?
DejiPlug:

Glory to GOD
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by ideatoprince18(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2023
May (Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration favor me and my family
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by DejiPlug(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
What's your source?

GOD be praised for empowering GODSPOWERPROJECT and Miracle Magazine, as the source of sources
Re: Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2023
Dangbana shoko dey your head

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Tinubu Looks For New Senate Endorsement For $800 Million World Bank Cre / Welcome To Tinubu Govt / Bola Ahmed Tinubu & The Coup De'etat In Niger: Does He Have Any Moral Ground?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.