Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari (8565 Views)

Adamawa REC: Court Rejects Extending Order Stopping Prosecution Of Yunusa Ari / Yunusa Ari: Court temporarily bars INEC From Prosecuting Suspended Adamawa REC / Adamawa: REC Allegedly Pressurizes Returning Officer To Manipulate Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by AnonPoet: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Suspended Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Adamawa State, Barr. Hudu Yunusa Ari, will be brought in to testify for Aishatu Dairu (Binani), the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Adamawa in the 2023 general election, our correspondent has gathered.

Recall that on Monday 10th July 2023, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja granted an ex-parte order to stop the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from going ahead with the prosecution of the suspended REC, Ari.

The order came just two days ahead of the commencement of the REC’s trial following his controversial declaration of the candidate of the APC, Aishatu Dahiru, as the Governor of the State.

A statement by INEC on said the Nigeria Police investigated the matter and established a prima facie case against the REC on the basis of which the electoral body commenced his prosecution at the Adamawa State High Court in line with the provisions of Sec. 145 (1) and (2) of the Electoral Act 2022.

However, Binani approached a federal High Court and secured an order stopping INEC and the police from prosecuting the embattled REC.

Sources allege that the reason why Binani approached the Court in Abuja to stop the prosecution is because the REC was at her beck and call and worked with her to perpetrate his illegity.

Binani has filed a case at the Election Petition Tribunal challenging the conclusion and declaration of the election by INEC in favour of the candidate of the PDP and incumbent Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri.

The case at the Abuja High Court is intended to shield the REC from criminal prosecution to facilitate his appearance at the Tribunal as Binani’s star witness.

“In the desperation to win the election at all cost, it does not occur to Binani that she is hiding behind one finger by inviting the REC as her own witness thereby confirming that far from being neutral, he is a compromised official working for a particular candidate contrary to his oath of office,” the source said.

Investigation further revealed that although the police ceased his international passport, placed him on administrative bail and asked him to be reporting every week day at the Force HQ, he somehow managed to travel outside the country presumably in order to perform the hajj (pilgrimage) in Saudi Arabia.

https://authorityngr.com/2023/07/11/why-binani-got-court-order-stopping-prosecution-of-suspended-adamawa-rec/

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Risingblue008(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hd
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Gamesmart: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nigeria's judiciary is totally corrupt.

We have so many criminal judges!

They take bribes to save criminals from prosecution or give them light sentences.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Bolawhitedust: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
APC lost Adamawa they should rest

4 Likes

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by XtraFortunes: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
I used to think this woman would be a good Governor but I was wrong. She is not different from all the criminals in APC angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by primeo: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
This makes sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by BCISLTD: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
I get some samsung phones going for cheap..I need cash sharp sharp

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
It's quite disappointing how corrupt this woman is...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Let Binani breath
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by thaoriginator: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Gamesmart:
Nigeria's judiciary is totally corrupt.

We have so many criminal judges!

They take bribes to give save criminals from prosecution or give them light sentences.
wegotalongwaytogo cry
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Bennad(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hmm issoright
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Richyfj(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
Stop a court from catching a thief

1 Like

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Starships4u(m): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
But sued INEC?

TERRIBLE NATION!

1 Like

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Kingcalls: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
Binani that's meant to be in jail...what a country...what she and the rec did is a million times worse than what mmesoma did

6 Likes

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Racoon(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
A man that supposed to be thoroughly prosecuted is being criminality shielded from justice.

2 Likes

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Ejyksneh(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
This is the handiwork of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, BAT should be arrested and forced to confess the billions he paid into the account of Binani and INEC officials

2 Likes

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by b3llo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ridicule of our judiciary

3 Likes

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by airsaylongcome: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Onefornaija13:

I NEED USA PHONE NUMBER for legit reasons.

I am in Nigeria and I need a USA number to enable me receive NORMAL calls from America.
This will help with my business.

I also want a number to verify my account on OfferUp, and other online stores in the USA.

I NEED SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I am read to pay.

Scammers should stay off, please.
I am vigilant.

zero 9.0.50.99.81.30 (Whatsapp only)

Go to signalwire and obtain a US number. You should not have any issues getting a number there if your use of their services/phone number is legitimate (which I strongly doubt, but I am not in any position to judge)
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Sultechhh: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Onefornaija13: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Go to signalwire and obtain a US number. You should not have any issues getting a number there if your use of their services/phone number is legitimate (which I strongly doubt, but I am not in any position to judge)

please have you used them before?

it's 100 % legit.

Only God knows.
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Lorddominic(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ejyksneh:
This is the handiwork of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, BAT should be arrested and forced to confess the billions he paid into the account of Binani and INEC officials

BAT is an asshole and a criminal as well....o bu onye ohi

1 Like

Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by Femeto: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by atobs4real(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Fo to court again as you have done
Re: Binani Accused Of Stopping Prosecution Of Suspended Adamawa REC, Ari by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
IconicR:
Let Binani breath

na She win election let the loser go to court

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega / INEC Releases Names, Contacts Of Officials For Anambra Poll / Court Rejects Metuh's Bid To Stop Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.