Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega (8564 Views)

Did APC Threaten To Form Parallel Govt If 2015 Elections Were Rigged? - Tribune / Ortom: The Presidential And NASS Elections Were Rigged In Benue State / Electoral Officers In Imo Say Elections Were Not Held Yet, Results Were Collated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by buzmanjohn(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
A former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, has denied describing the 2023 elections as compromised.

Jega was allegedly reported to have said this at a two-day retreat organised by the Senate in Ikot Ipene, Akwa Ibom State, last week.

The professor of political science at Bayero University, Kano, presented a paper titled, “Electoral Reform and Democratic Consolidation in Nigeria: Review of 2022 Electoral Act (areas for further legislative actions), in which he was quoted to have said, “We have seen in 2023 elections, the damaging effect of how people in the corridors of power get their client/partisan nominees appointed, without being thoroughly screened, and then they are influenced to compromise the integrity of elections.”

However, his Senior Research Assistant, Hamman-Obels, in a statement on Monday, said the report was not an accurate reflection of his position.

Hamman-Obels, who is also the Director of the Electoral Hub, an Initiative for Research, Innovation and Advocacy in Development said, “The attention of Prof. Attahiru Jega has been drawn to a misleading report published in a number of online newspapers quoting him to have commented that the 2023 elections were compromised.

“The report making the rounds is incorrect and not an accurate reflection of the presenter’s position. Professor Jega categorically denies making this particular comment about the 2023 polls.

“As would be seen in his presentation he made at the Senate Retreat held in Ikot Ipene, Akwa Ibom State, nowhere did he make such a statement that the 2023 elections were compromised. Professor Jega hopes this rebuttal will correct the incorrect and inaccurate reporting currently making the rounds.”

https://punchng.com/i-never-said-2023-elections-were-compromised-jega/?amp

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by WhisperedNoise: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
nonsense talk

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by StOla: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2023
Talk anything now, the People would Gazette it as they like.

Na him make footballers dey cover mouth talk.

You go loose guard where sensational headlines dey sell, dem go give you many flavours of wetin you talk.

Na you wey be author go begin explain tire.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by ojun50(m): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2023
Talk less and make more money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by White000(f): 12:25am On Oct 24, 2023
That is that
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by talented321: 12:33am On Oct 24, 2023
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by OutOfTheAshes(m): 12:45am On Oct 24, 2023
I predicted he would deny this statement. Lo and behold he finally did.

13 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by rinzaugustine: 12:51am On Oct 24, 2023
emilokan don threaten am with EFCC

15 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by PythonTutorial2(m): 12:55am On Oct 24, 2023
Hmm 🤔
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by Kingspin(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2023
Even if the last election was compromised, he will never say it just like the Nigerian judges.

Simple transmit results they can not do. BlackmanYeye

9 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by Vinnie2000(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2023
We Nigerians know, Mr Jega! 🙂

APC MISCREANTS that are Trying to Twist your words.😒😕

Seeing that DRUGGIE Bulaba has failed, they are looking for Distractions! 😏

6 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by anonymous1759(m): 1:40am On Oct 24, 2023
🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽's @ work
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by victorclean(f): 1:58am On Oct 24, 2023
Jegga has no right to lecture us because of what he did. He is one of the architecture that designed the destruction of this country.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by Dannyset(m): 6:00am On Oct 24, 2023
grin

The IPOB Terrorists are ready to twist any opinion to back their Agulu fraud who can never smell Aso Rock.

Once again, you have been busted.

Potopoto enclave! 😂😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by tuoyoojo(m): 6:02am On Oct 24, 2023
Everyone wants to sound politically correct. The power of corn in the pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by Millimann: 6:02am On Oct 24, 2023
What you said is clear and we have already picked it.
You don't have to deny because what happened is clear to everyone.
Even if they threaten you and your deny, we already know thae truth.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by muchex: 6:04am On Oct 24, 2023
Everyone knows the truth but can't say it.
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by fredoooooo: 6:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Prof dont worry yaself , those Bush babies and obituarists always looking for something irrelevant to feed on. What do you expect feom peopöe wey dey follow a mad man advice.... majority of dem are yaba left patients, they're born to cry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by kennyz247(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2023
We all know it was compromised , even international bodies can attest to this..
So jega,hold ur APC opinion to urself

1 Like

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by MadamExcellency: 6:11am On Oct 24, 2023
The tune of the rebuttal sounds like a damaged control.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by ican2020: 6:11am On Oct 24, 2023
Nobody takes Jega serious
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by meditator(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2023
victorclean:
Jegga has no right to lecture us because of what he did. He is one of the architecture that designed the destruction of this country.
What did he do ?
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by NinjaMetahuman: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2023
StOla:
Talk anything now, the People would Gazette it as they like.

Na him make footballers dey cover mouth talk.

You go loose guard where sensational headlines dey sell, dem go give you many flavours of wetin you talk.

Na you wey be author go begin explain tire.
like it's really annoying now.

Blogs like gazzette is not good for media in Nigeria.

They will make absolute mess of of what you said with an absolutely horrible headline. That useless blog knows fully well that majority of it's readers are absolutely dumb and they will not bother to read the content but just the headline.

They will then share is on Twitter for engagement and Elon musk money.

Then when you read the content, it will absolutely not correlate with the topic.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by maasoap(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2023
OutOfTheAshes:
That was a reckless talk, he realised that later.
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by Mosba: 6:24am On Oct 24, 2023
No you didn't, you only said INEC chairman should be given ultimate power to decide who becomes the next president, Reps, Senators and governors

1 Like

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by BluntCrazeMan: 6:26am On Oct 24, 2023
Double-Mouthed Two-Faced Shameless Old Men.

So,, what exactly did you say??
That INEC ate cassava, garrie, and ewwa??

1 Like

Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by orisa37: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2023
SOMETHING IS SMELLING.
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by tunjiajayi: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2023
Na dem way, to dey lie and cry upandan like Bush babies.

Hairy bush men with flat heads.
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by occfx: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2023
OutOfTheAshes:

APC never threaten you before
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by blackgold2018(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2023
fredoooooo:
Prof dont worry yaself , those Bush babies and obituarists always looking for something irrelevant to feed on. What do you expect feom peopöe wey dey follow a mad man advice.... majority of dem are yaba left patients, they're born to cry grin grin
I wonder how you fools think?

Majority of you supporting buhari-Tinubu government are either fools or kids that still live and feed under their parents houses.

Fools that doesn’t even have businesses or know how the economy is presently
Re: I Never Said 2023 Elections Were Compromised — Jega by obembet(f): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2023
the People Gazette news. Obidient love them like mad grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua / Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory / Obama Congratulates Jonathan, Nigerians On 53rd Independence Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.