Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication (24508 Views)

House Of Reps Planning To Adopt Yoruba,igbo And Hausa As National Language / Bauchi Assembly crisis resolved, as factional speaker, APC lawmakers take oath / Two Speakers Emerge In Bauchi Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by silento(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2023
vibbb:
It's only a matter of little time all Schools in Bauchi State would adopt Hausa as official teaching language.

The truth be say u learn best and fast in your mother tongue
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by gannod(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2023
Good one. I expect the South west to toe this line. Yoruba language as our official language in the South west will go a long way in putting awon atohun rinwa in their place.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by icankel: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2023
Am fully in support of the motion. Americans will never adopt any African language as their own official language.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by bonnyhope: 10:20am On Jul 12, 2023
Skyfornia:
Totally in support of this..it should even be made the first official language in the state. Other tribes and states should emulate it so that those prodigal sons and daughters who don't speak indigenous language won't have any business in government.

And those who speak indigenous languages and have been ruling you, how well have they gone.

Buhari speaks Hausa/fulani fluently but performed very poor in govt.

We should be clamouring for good attitudes/behaviour not all these trivial things
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Nkekud22: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2023
This is gonna be detrimental to national cohesion if other states follow suit, therefore disintegrating the already divided nation further.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by saintrow1: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2023
rdokoye:

Then just end the union. What good will come from people who hate each other, living together?

If you want to end it, use the proper channel. I which every1 all the best of luck.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2023
soullove1881:

Is Hausa an Arabic language?
It is not.

If this is done in Igbo or in Akwa Ibom you will shout tribalism.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Osilama1: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2023
Nathan2016:

Typical Nigerian, yeah I am not suprised. Trample on people rights and as far as you are in the majority, it’s coool.
if u aren't from bauchi why worry... Na busy body de worry u... Take ur constitution read and clear ur ignorance
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
ArewaNorth:

The Four Official Languages Of The National Assembly

THE FOUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGES OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

In Nigeria, the Senate and House of Representatives may conduct their processings in any of these four languages:
(1) English
(2) Hausa
(3) Igbo
(4) Yoruba

STATE HOUSES OF ASSEMBLY.

The business of the Houses of Assembly shall be conducted in English Language but the Houses may adopt any of the indigenous languages spoken in the State.

Where proceedings are to be conducted in a language otherwise than English language, adequate arrangements must be made for therefore.

SEE SECTIONS 55 & 97 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 1999 (AS AMENDED)

https://thenigerialawyer.com/the-four-official-languages-of-the-national-assembly/

I hope you are aware of this?
Which constitution?

The one that did not give space for sharia yet sharia exist in Nigeria and is being practised in some Northern states?

A better approach would have been a return to regional government which worked pretty well...
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
Padipadi:

MURIC is an APC propaganda organization
And their dogs see nothing wrong when that Isaq of a guy keeps profiling Christians.

That thing them dey fine them go see!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by soullove1881(m): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Qadaffi2idiamin:
It is not.

If this is done in Igbo or in Akwa Ibom you will shout tribalism.

Well, I dey Akwa Ibom so using Ibibio has nothing to do with Christians.
Hausa is just a language and it's among the 3 most popular language in Nigeria.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by ArewaNorth: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Which constitution?

The one that did not give space for sharia yet sharia exist in Nigeria and is being practised in some Northern states?

A better approach would have been a return to regional government which worked pretty well...

Don't portray ur ignorance on things u don't know.
Nigerian constitution gives State rights to make laws that fit their culture and traditions.
Your bigotry is too deep that u can't see the reality of it.
North (12 States) are predominantly Muslims and decided to adopt Shari'a system which is the general acceptability of the populace, however, the South, the christian majority North and some parts of Kaduna who are mostly Christians adopted Customary system. The main point here is, Christianity do not have enough jurisdiction to adopt christian justice system unlike Muslims and believe me Muslims would be happy if Christians would adopt that system because it may have more sanity than what u adopted.
Go and make little research about the Shari'a justice and see the vast provisions of laws that touch almost all aspects of our life.
Remember, Shari'a system isn't compulsory for Muslims to be tried in, if one don't like to be tried in Shari'ah court he may opt to go for magistrate court or any other conventional court and non-Muslims aren't allowed to be tried in Shari'ah court except with their consent.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
ArewaNorth:

Don't portray ur ignorance on things u don't know.
Nigerian constitution gives State rights to make laws that fit their culture and traditions.
Your bigotry is too deep that u can't see the reality of it.
North (12 States) are predominantly Muslims and decided to adopt Shari'a system which is the general acceptability of the populace, however, the South, the christian majority North and some parts of Kaduna who are mostly Christians adopted Customary system. The main point here is, Christianity do not have enough jurisdiction to adopt christian justice system unlike Muslims and believe me Muslims would be happy if Christians would adopt that system because it may have more sanity than what u adopted.
Go and make little research about the Shari'a justice and see the vast provisions of laws that touch almost all aspects of our life.
Remember, Shari'a system isn't compulsory for Muslims to be tried in, if one don't like to be tried in Shari'ah court he may opt to go for magistrate court or any other conventional court and non-Muslims aren't allowed to be tried in Shari'ah court except with their consent.
Did you just spill your ignorance?

Who accepted sharia?

Do you know how many people died in kaduna to refuse and repel sharia law governing that state?

Which constitution are you talking about? Is it the same that said before a candidate is pronounced president he must win not less than 25% of the total votes in FCT which is a quashi state.

Rest with arguments from that fraudulent document and tell that pedophile former governor of Zamfara that brought sharia out of the woods that he is a murderer.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
soullove1881:

Well, I dey Akwa Ibom so using Ibibio has nothing to do with Christians.
Hausa is just a language and it's among the 3 most popular language in Nigeria.
Okay you dey Akwa ibom. I didn't mention religion but that language arrangement will only function in a regional setting. Shekinah
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by HHH22: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Nathan2016: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Osilama1:
if u aren't from bauchi why worry... Na busy body de worry u... Take ur constitution read and clear ur ignorance

Obviously you will never get it, ignorant people like you and the lawmakers are what is still keeping this country down. A country that refused to manage its diversity will always regret it.

Bauchi has more than 50 ethinic group with many languages. A simple wikipedia will give you that information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauchi_State.

If the house decide to speak Hausa, I dont see any problem in that. Making it a law as part of the language is a problem, because Bauchi is not a homogeneous state.

Why am i worried, I am a Nigerian and Bauchi state is in Nigeria,
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by ArewaNorth: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Did you just spill your ignorance?

Who accepted sharia?

Do you know how many people died in kaduna to refuse and repel sharia law governing that state?

Which constitution are you talking about? Is it the same that said before a candidate is pronounced president he must win not less than 25% of the total votes in FCT which is a quashi state.

Rest with arguments from that fraudulent document and tell that pedophile former governor of Zamfara that brought sharia out of the woods that he is a murderer.

You can engage in constructive talk.
Those who died are bigots who resist what they'd shouldn't resist. They took the path of violent resistance of the widely acceptable view of the society and engaged them using weapons.
The greatest disgrace in Nigeria was the resistance of Shari'a by those who don't have anything to do with it. How could u feel if Muslims asked Govt not to recognize any of your religious right?

I wasted my time engaging a bloodline of daft people who delusionally believe in what you just came up with.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by donpapa(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Rostikol:

You're very stupid. Moro.n.

You people don't even realise how stupid and dumb you sound.

WAKEY WAKEY!! THIS IS AFRICA, NOT SCOTLAND OR AUSTRALIA!

IN AFRICA WE ARE SUPPOSED TO SPEAK AFRICAN LANGUAGES, NOT THE LANGUAGES OF FOREIGN INVADERS, ENSLAVERS AND COLONISERS.

BLASTED MORO.NS!!!!!!

I can see your sense of reasoning and thinking faculty has gone on vacation! Can’t you pass your message without insulting? You should grow up and learn not to attack people unnecessarily because you want to pass a message.
If we’re to speak African languages like you’ve said, ain’t we going to amend our constitution to that effect? Think! Think man!!!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Osilama1: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nathan2016:

Obviously you will never get it, ignorant people like you and the lawmakers are what is still keeping this country down. A country that refused to manage its diversity will always regret it.

Bauchi has more than 50 ethinic group with many languages. A simple wikipedia will give you that information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauchi_State.

If the house decide to speak Hausa, I dont see any problem in that. Making it a law as part of the language is a problem, because Bauchi is not a homogeneous state.

Why am i worried, I am a Nigerian and Bauchi state is in Nigeria,
u are foolish... The state assembly has members from other tribes who agreed and voted.. if u don't live in bauchi I don't see why it should be ur headache. . Focus on ur state and residence ok... Hausa is popular there so no issue except u are a busy body guy...
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Paretomaster1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
When most of dem are not educated,
It's a good idea but as long as English is our official language den use English sir

Illiterate slave...
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Orc13: 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
As usual, the dimwits from the South are having sleepless nights because of this. Last time I checked, Lagos State Assembly & a good number of South Western States use Yoruba during plenary. Even Desmond Elliot wey no be Yoruba speak Yoruba for plenary! Why are you all crying? Bunch of retards
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
ArewaNorth:

You can engage in constructive talk.
Those who died are bigots who resist what they'd shouldn't resist. They took the path of violent resistance of the widely acceptable view of the society and engaged them using weapons.
The greatest disgrace in Nigeria was the resistance of Shari'a by those who don't have anything to do with it. How could u feel if Muslims asked Govt not to recognize any of your religious right?

I wasted my time engaging a bloodline of daft people who delusionally believe in what you just came up with.
A daft like you talking like you know what you're saying....

People resisted something they never understood or saw the effects faraway middle East and some hard core Islamic African nations and you're here yapping like you have an iota of intelligence.

Your polluted bloodline is cool for you.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Ofodirinwa: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
FirmTR:

If you are not a slave, why are you writing in English?

Ekwensu gbawo aturu egburu-egbe di ka Nna gi
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Nathan2016: 12:15am On Jul 13, 2023
Osilama1:
u are foolish... The state assembly has members from other tribes who agreed and voted.. if u don't live in bauchi I don't see why it should be ur headache. . Focus on ur state and residence ok... Hausa is popular there so no issue except u are a busy body guy...

You are the slowpoke if you think not living in Bauchi makes it any reason for not having an opinion. Weather it’s popular or not, it’s a wrong move and one that is going to cause problem in the future. Now am done replying to dumbb idiots who will never understand a single thing about diversity management
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by GreyLaw(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

English is your official language, their own is Hausa. They are Hausa people and you are a slave, so there's a difference. You're not expected to understand.

Nigeria has a constitution and English is the official language. If they want to change it they should start from the constitution. Also their official communication will still be written and typed in English. Waste of time if you ask me.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Maazieze(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
I don't understand nigerians, You'll berate and discriminate against one another but when a language from another continent comes you'll Kowtow. States should use their native languages! Schools should teach in native languages! English isnt an indicator of "intellect"!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Sluvist(m): 12:29am On Jul 16, 2023
Nathan2016:

It doesn’t matter the language they speak. This shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. There are minority tribes in Bauchi.
All the minority tribes uses Hausa as the language of medium communication across. Some can not even speak their mothers language fluent like the way they speak Hausa nowadays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Fatima Atiku Abubakar Nominated As Commissioner In Adamawa / El-zakzaky And Wife Need To Be Flown Abroad – Foreign Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.