Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication (24527 Views)

House Of Reps Planning To Adopt Yoruba,igbo And Hausa As National Language / Bauchi Assembly crisis resolved, as factional speaker, APC lawmakers take oath / Two Speakers Emerge In Bauchi Assembly (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Masa11: 6:23am On Jul 12, 2023
Moniya4Real:
It is finished. They can’t speak English in the first place and now adopting Hausa as an official language It will preserve their language quite alright but how are they going to be integrated into other region of the country?
you are the uneducated one, you don't have knowledge of your country's constitution, besides English Nigeria has 3 major languages spoken which Seen as a second to official language.
what if they adopted Hausa as the second language to communicate in their house?
English is merely a communication language, the essence of communication is to understand.
what's the problem mumu?
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by riczy(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2023
Retrogression, Education disadvantage State!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Teymanhenry(f): 6:35am On Jul 12, 2023
Skyfornia:
Totally in support of this..it should even be made the first official language in the state. Other tribes and states should emulate it so that those prodigal sons and daughters who don't speak indigenous language won't have any business in government.

Foolish dullard
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Coolgent(m): 6:38am On Jul 12, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
Unsurprisingly so because you certainly can’t find 5 among them that can speak passable English.

Hi Briton
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Herbiodun09: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Why are the people from this dot states bothered about bauchi
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by 9jii(m): 6:52am On Jul 12, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Instead Aboki will be making progress, Aboki is regressing.

I’m sure they must have a lot of illiterates in their midst which is why they deemed it necessary to lower the standards to accommodate them.

They might as well incorporate their different dialects as well.

Ndi ala😏
We don't want progress to selling babies, international drugs peddling etc
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by eteba(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2023
Whatever makes life easier for them is fine....because most of them have difficulty speaking fluent English as they're barely educated.

*illiterates*
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by HarunaWest(m): 7:05am On Jul 12, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Instead Aboki will be making progress, Aboki is regressing.

I’m sure they must have a lot of illiterates in their midst which is why they deemed it necessary to lower the standards to accommodate them.

They might as well incorporate their different dialects as well.

Ndi ala😏
So is speaking English increasing the standard ? Is English spoken in the Chinese or Italian parliament? What is wrong with yall

Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Johans2023: 7:07am On Jul 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:
They did it because a lot of them entered with primary school certificate and can't speak English, that's why they adopted hausas so that they can cover their goof.

This I have seen.
as foolish as you sound, I believe you don't know that this thing started with Lagos.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Curtisaxel10: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Which language were they speaking before? English?😂😂😂

They only legalized what they have been doing illegally all this while. How many of them can speak English to save their lives?
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Moniya4Real(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2023
Pele o ,Mr Educated one that can’t make a point like others without resorting to abuse. So, with the current state of our public schools, especially in the North where SSCE holders can’t speak basic English and they have been passing WAEC-Now, here is the thing. If a local dialect is being spoken in a particular community, it’s better you speak English to your child/ward at home and vice versa. We can’t shut ourselves from the outside world as well.

Masa11:
you are the uneducated one, you don't have knowledge of your country's constitution, besides English Nigeria has 3 major languages spoken which Seen as a second to official language.
what if they adopted Hausa as the second language to communicate in their house?
English is merely a communication language, the essence of communication is to understand.
what's the problem mumu?
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Raydos: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Hi seun Lalasticlala Myndd44 Please your spam bots keep banning me on my thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7759026/learn-new-yoruba-words-here for no reason, I've been banned for more than 3 times for the last couple of days, For no reason, I've not done anything that goes against the rules, But my observation is : "Anytime I post something, and maybe after a while I try to modify the post and correct some mistakes I made, I immediately get banned and the whole posts gets deleted

Please help!!!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Donkenny511(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2023
So that they can communicate properly
FalseProphet1:
They did it because a lot of them entered with primary school certificate and can't speak English, that's why they adopted hausas so that they can cover their goof.

This I have seen.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Elliotwaveforec: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Not new! Lagos started it; way to go.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by wink2015(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2023
The step taking by the Bauchi state house of assembly is commendable.

It is part of restructuring.

Hausa language is one of the major languages spoken in the northern states.

They should go ahead so long as they use it to bring development to the states.

States in southern part of Nigeria should develop the pidgin english language, yoruba, Igbo language as the case maybe and use it to develop their respective states.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by id4sho(m): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2023
Rostikol:

You are shocked that Africans in Africa are speaking their own language rather than speaking European languages?

What the hell is wrong with some of you?
English is the official language. I guess when they start speaking Hausa in NASS , no problem ba
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Elliotwaveforec: 8:23am On Jul 12, 2023
Web2020:
A subtle message to the Fulani people. Fufudi the official language of the Fulani must be wiped out. Nnamdi Kanu opens their eyes.
You're correct! Hausa population is the highest in Nigeria but they're being treated like
a minority ethnic group in Nigeria.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by okorogodwin4(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2023
Corruption crimality and looting understands every language don't be decived
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Bfly: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2023
Whatever moves the state forward. sick of people using English cliché when they mean something else.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Bigseven(m): 8:32am On Jul 12, 2023
I think we are ripe to share this country into 5 countries.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Nathan2016: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Osilama1:
are u from bauchi... The majority in house agree and u are weeping here.. hausa is popular there so no issue... If u disagree find ur way to the house and challenging them

Typical Nigerian, yeah I am not suprised. Trample on people rights and as far as you are in the majority, it’s coool.
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by WantsandMore: 8:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

English is your official language, their own is Hausa. They are Hausa people and you are a slave, so there's a difference. You're not expected to understand.
apt
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Nathan2016: 8:43am On Jul 12, 2023
bukatyne:

Who do not understand Hausa despite staying in Bauchi?

Then they should learn or get an official interpreter.

You are forcing people to learn another language that is not the official language in a country. Good point 👍 We are really going backward in this country
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by izubext007: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2023
hope law made will be written in hausa
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by SugarGirl44(f): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
When most of dem are not educated,
It's a good idea but as long as English is our official language den use English sir

‘Our official language’

Such a slavery-like statement.
When is your Brian going to start working properly so you can be saved from yourself?

Our official language…..
Chai!!!!

No wonder the white looks down on you because you’ve surrendered yourself as a willing slave to them
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by SugarGirl44(f): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
Unsurprisingly so because you certainly can’t find 5 among them that can speak passable English.

English is just a language like hausa mumu.
Who is going to save Africans from mental slavery oh lord
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by SugarGirl44(f): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2023
vibbb:
It's only a matter of little time all Schools in Bauchi State would adopt Hausa as official teaching language.

And that’s totally fine.
Why does that disturb you oyinbo slave?

Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by NaijaNaWaa: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2023
SugarGirl44:

English is just a language like hausa mumu.
Who is going to save Africans from mental slavery oh lord
Not disputing that. Just stating the obvious that western education/culture in whatever form isn't quite the forte of Northern Nigeria #FACT!!
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Azzik: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2023
Skyfornia:
Totally in support of this..it should even be made the first official language in the state. Other tribes and states should emulate it so that those prodigal sons and daughters who don't speak indigenous language won't have any business in government.
See as hate and bitterness dey finish you and yet people like you will come and say one Nigeria
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by tonicyril: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2023
Masterito:
At state level it is okay but at national level, that will promote more division. English is a language of unity for Nigeria.
U re right
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by Dbestbrest: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos state house of assembly did same 5 years ago. The true way to go. It will encourage and promote indigenous languages in each state if they can all adopt that
Re: Bauchi Assembly Adopts Hausa As Language Of Communication by shiwex: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
English is not our mother language and we should not be forced to speak it. Simple

I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke / Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary / FG to allocate oil blocs to skilled people from Niger Delta – Kachikwu