Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,908 members, 7,824,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 (28880 Views)

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades β‚¦β€Ž993/$ / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Traplord09: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2023
Rayban25:

youre very stupid for this comment. first of all is it everyone that has access to internet, phone, or laptop? now talkless of earning in dollars? even those that have all that not all can earn in dollars. some cant even afford school fees. youre a very big fool. shut up if you dont know what to say instead of making insensitive comments abi you think youre better than those who didnt have access to opportunities like you? i dont expect any sensible thing from supporters of a criminal.. idiot.

Na yahoo boy or girl he or she be ..
No vax for am
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2023
okuta007:
may this agbadorian regime favour me and my family ooo🀣 - the rain go beat everybodi oo weda u allow tribalism blind u oo or hate for one particular common sense candidate

everybodi go hear am πŸ˜‚

peter obi or any ibo will never be president
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
President tinubu when will you start supporting the poor with palliatives nah? The street is not smiling.

bro paliative is a scam, come to think of it no paliative can equate that petrol na, unless we won dey use d money from petrol chop bread...

no paliative move on
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Kukutenla: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2023
Kayyy:
There are lots of educated illeterates in this country and this same people are also disingenuous, you are not interested in reality but clannishness, tribalism and useless shoulder competition. All you do is to complain, some of you expect miracles and the annoying and most stupid amongst your statement is mentioning Obi all the time, this man did not perform one magic, not one transformation during his previous political tenure and you believe in one month he would have performed a magic to reduce dollar, and make fuel cheaper, and to cap it all you mention palliative measures to help, which difference would palliative measures make? The same palliative that would be budgeted in hundreds of billions that you would still use to insult the govt and claim it is corruption?

Then you talk about reducing govt spending, fine even if that is done, it is just a drop in the ocean concerning the matters on ground here and I'll tell you why, Tinubu can only prune the executive budget, he cannot touch the legislative budget , so I ask how much is the executive budget for year and how much of it would be cut that would make sense, do not forget that the executive budget contains the budget for the president, VP's office, Also rock et al, then the budget for all ministries and agencies of the govt so I ask how much should be cut that would be enough to offer palliatives?

Lastly, for those interested, what you are seeing currently is the reality of your economy that Buhari has been borrowing to increase our debt to cover. Yes all the borrowing you were insulting Buhari about , about 30-40% of it is spent on putting facade and makeup on the naira and the economy and this includes the subsidy payment they incurred, now that those are no more, you are using your eyes to see the real image of your economy. The real question you should rather ask Tinubu now is what is he going to do to start the repairs cos this is like a damaged car that you have seen the impact of the damage now ykj want to repair. What are the plans to start the repairs and how long would it take before it gets further damaged. So instead of gnashing of teeth and insulting people everyday in here , we need to ask for the solutions. Examples of these solutions should be what is the timeline for the repair of the other refineries Buhari was working on before he handed over?, What is the timeline for Dangote?, What are the plans in place for increase our exportation ?we need more dollar into the system, what are the ways to get more of these ?, How do we discourage more dollar spending ? Opening the economy, seaports on other regions etc not asking for handouts that would be borrowed with loans , with little getting to the people and govt officials making a killing out of it.
This is what I've been asking and since folks said I'm asking a stupid question.
BreconHills
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by emorse(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2023
TrueNigerian300:

Before now people buy dollars from CBN at 460 and sell to the parallel market at 760 making millions for doing nothing. The idea of subsidizing the dollars was not totally bad but people abused it and also it is not sustainable particularly at this time. Another thing is the fact that people that benefits from it are mostly people that buy and resell at the parallel market making huge profits for doing nothing, it is just like some very few people are sharing whay belongs to us all. Why can't the money be used to build roads that can benefit everyone
Would it have been a good idea to make round tripping impossible? I mean like tighten access to Forex and severely punishing offenders when caught. Cos I think that's what serious countries like China do. Or what do you think?
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by pafra(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

I'm kind of in agreement with you here, however, the fact is, we are not, as the person you quoted there, earning enough dollars in the first place, which is part of why the naira is falling.

The question we should be asking Tinubu is, what is the plan to earn more forex.? Yes the common man is suffering, but it still does not change the fact that we are not earning enough forex.

Kudos to you on this submission.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Kukutenla: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

Wow. A lot of sense here

You have not written some BS on subsidy for a while grin grin
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Kukutenla: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2023
emorse:

Would it have been a good idea to make round tripping impossible? I mean like tighten access to Forex and severely punishing offenders when caught. Cos I think that's what serious countries like China do. Or what do you think?
Exactly. Bubu said if we don't fight corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria. Any policy you like, implement with big grammar. As long as there are loopholes, it will be exploited by the elites and we will be back to square one
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by jesmond3945: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2023
SenatePresdo:
I'm scared and it's a shameful thing to admit that I'm missing Buhari.

I never believed a day like this would come, that i would miss Buhari.

Truly, nothing is impossible.

But i curse the people that brought this upon us.

I'm middle class, and i know how it is. Imagine the poor people, God please.
this is rubbish bro. Use your your head. Buhari is the cause of all these. Tinubu just inherited a huge mess.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Ikaeniyan0: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

bro paliative is a scam, come to think of it no paliative can equate that petrol na, unless we won dey use d money from petrol chop bread...

no paliative move on
I've move on, I don't support subsidy, but the street is extremely hard. Even if is just to increase the minimum wage, salaries and wages needs to improve.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Raydos: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2023
Hi seun Lalasticlala Myndd44 Please your spam bots keep banning me on my thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7759026/learn-new-yoruba-words-here for no reason, I've been banned for more than 3 times for the last couple of days, For no reason, I've not done anything that goes against the rules, But my observation is : "Anytime I post something, and maybe after a while I try to modify the post and correct some mistakes I made, I immediately get banned and the whole posts gets deleted

Please help!!!
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by millhouse: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Keep your dollars oo
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by nairalanda1(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Tianamen1:

Reducing expenses will have the same effect as increasing revenues on the Naira exchange rate, and reducing dollar expenses is a lot easier to accomplish.

In Information Technology, networks are used to increase efficiency by sharing services across different users in an organisation( e.g. a printer on a network). If each user were to purchase a printer, it would be wasteful and expensive. Taxation and government spending work in a similar way, by pulling money from many people to provide shared services.

Yes we should cut government spending, but it won't bring back subsides, nor would it be enough for subsides.

We have to earn more money, and I would be judging this government on its polices towards that, even more so than what they have done.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by nairalanda1(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Kukutenla:

You have not written some BS on subsidy for a while grin grin

Seriously if you want subsides back, join a party, run for office and get it back, or revolution.

Thank you.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Iamzik: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2023
TrueNigerian300:

You guys are just foolish, if Obi had won would dollar be equal 410
It was never about good governance for you fools but just want one of your kinsmen to be there.
Any reasonable person knows that the unification of the exchange rates is the right thing to do. But half educated illiterate like you think otherwise.

I just pity some of you fools sometimes and wonder who gave birth to you.

You sound so pained sha. I wonder why you want to drag obi into this. Obi said the subsidy will be removed gradually and before removal there will be deliberate policies to ensure it doesn't cause hardship.

But that aside, your man is president and it's been one Draconian policy after the other. He has not addressed Nigerians even once to explain what he is doing.

I thank God that there is no special market for APC vuvuzelas. Keep supportinh nonsense. All of us go hear am

2 Likes

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Iamzik: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2023
millhouse:
Keep your dollars oo

Underated advice
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by salbis(m): 7:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

peter obi will not be president
A very low level of reasoning. Not every discerning mind is Obi's supporter.

Las las una must get sense.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by jesmond3945: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Kayyy:
There are lots of educated illeterates in this country and this same people are also disingenuous, you are not interested in reality but clannishness, tribalism and useless shoulder competition. All you do is to complain, some of you expect miracles and the annoying and most stupid amongst your statement is mentioning Obi all the time, this man did not perform one magic, not one transformation during his previous political tenure and you believe in one month he would have performed a magic to reduce dollar, and make fuel cheaper, and to cap it all you mention palliative measures to help, which difference would palliative measures make? The same palliative that would be budgeted in hundreds of billions that you would still use to insult the govt and claim it is corruption?

Then you talk about reducing govt spending, fine even if that is done, it is just a drop in the ocean concerning the matters on ground here and I'll tell you why, Tinubu can only prune the executive budget, he cannot touch the legislative budget , so I ask how much is the executive budget for year and how much of it would be cut that would make sense, do not forget that the executive budget contains the budget for the president, VP's office, Also rock et al, then the budget for all ministries and agencies of the govt so I ask how much should be cut that would be enough to offer palliatives?

Lastly, for those interested, what you are seeing currently is the reality of your economy that Buhari has been borrowing to increase our debt to cover. Yes all the borrowing you were insulting Buhari about , about 30-40% of it is spent on putting facade and makeup on the naira and the economy and this includes the subsidy payment they incurred, now that those are no more, you are using your eyes to see the real image of your economy. The real question you should rather ask Tinubu now is what is he going to do to start the repairs cos this is like a damaged car that you have seen the impact of the damage now ykj want to repair. What are the plans to start the repairs and how long would it take before it gets further damaged. So instead of gnashing of teeth and insulting people everyday in here , we need to ask for the solutions. Examples of these solutions should be what is the timeline for the repair of the other refineries Buhari was working on before he handed over?, What is the timeline for Dangote?, What are the plans in place for increase our exportation ?we need more dollar into the system, what are the ways to get more of these ?, How do we discourage more dollar spending ? Opening the economy, seaports on other regions etc not asking for handouts that would be borrowed with loans , with little getting to the people and govt officials making a killing out of it.
very apt. Buhari failure led to this.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Brushstrokes20: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2023
The shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE πŸ”₯πŸ˜›

* lifeless to druggie 😁😁🀣🀣🀣
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Iamzik: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2023
jesmond3945:
this is rubbish bro. Use your your head. Buhari is the cause of all these. Tinubu just inherited a huge mess.

You can not solve a problem until you agree that the problem exist. Tinubu made a careless statement on inauguration day that threw the country into panic mode but you lots will never say the truth.

Marketers knew that subsidy was paid for until June. Why didn't they increase the price before buhari left? Tinubu should have put some basic plans in motion like making sure that enough petrol is available and filling stations are open throughout the transition period plus some little palliative like transportation.

But No, you APC supporters are too blind to see. Thank God there is no special market for APC supporters. And na Una go cry pass

3 Likes

Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by optimusprime2(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2023
The theory of Economics remains constant...

In the absence of thoroughly thought out National Economic reforms, Nigeria is in for it.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by treatise: 7:59am On Jul 12, 2023
ReubenE:
Na ECOWAS chairmanship we dey celebrate. Maybe by the time we wake up, more national problems would have been added to the already existing ones

Most Nigerians love being lied to, for reasons that are not clearly known.
We always abandon critical issues in our national life to gloat over irrelevant issues.
Issues such as this will not be at the vanguard of national discourse but how XYZ leader is this and that.

This are just so expensive outside.

He's trying to probe previous government in the guise of Abacha's loot; trouble is brewing for BAT
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Obainomilano: 8:00am On Jul 12, 2023
Good news for te man who has bullion van stash of dollars...won't be surprised if it gets to 1k per DOS before august
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by waveman2: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2023
Subsidy removal was just to have free money for them to loot.The money will in no way be used for good to develop our infrastructure.
Johnrake69:
Expect dollar to trade for #1000 in December. Nigeria needed massive cut down on waste. But instead we chose to continue on same path. We never start.

The so called subsidies removal is already a failed policy.

Oil theft is still happening brazenly and no one has been prosecuted. But subsidy removal will solve every Nigeria's problem. Make we dey play
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by blesdman(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

no paliative move on
The best palliative would be to give amus alternative to petrol use ....
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Yankee101: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2023
Tinubu
How can you begin by crashing the naira?

You know it almost never recovers, only gets worse

A net importing country will pay higher prices couple with subsidy removal

These folks don’t feel for the common man
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2023
blesdman:

The best palliative would be to give amus alternative to petrol use ....

whats amus
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Khyrvxjzy: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2023
salbis:
A very low level of reasoning. Not every discerning mind is Obi's supporter.

Las las una must get sense.

afte kanu obi

who are you moving to?
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Bfly: 8:11am On Jul 12, 2023
Tinubu is trying too hard. He must deliver.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by waveman2: 8:12am On Jul 12, 2023
Oh transport palliatives is a scam too?Transport palliatives to farmers is a scam too?Always think before you talk.
Khyrvxjzy:

no paliative move on
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by TheBillyonaire: 8:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Blitzking:

After this wat next...probably add to the rot.

No idea, you can guess.
Re: Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Kayyy:

Nobody even needs to read your whole write up before people realize you're a dolt. You wrote nonsense and think you're an intelligent orator. Fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Commercial Banks To Set Naira Rate On Monday Without CBN Intervention / CBN Introduces New FX Rate For Bdcs / Naira Dips Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.